Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,545 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook (9491 Views)

Top 10 Social Science Scholarships In The World / 6 Factors To Consider If You Wish To Scale The 2020 JAMB / JAMB 2019-things To Consider When Choosing A Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by babyfaceafrica: 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
AnkaraStyles:
Yea, you're right. The kind of people you meet on Quora you may never meet them in the real life. Bank of knoweledge and informstion. But I hate one thing, it's too Left politically. embarassed
what do you mean by left politically?
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Quota and medium are the new places
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by laudate: 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
Karleb:
Quora.com
LastMumu:
Quora.com trumps all of them. That site is a warehouse of information.
Very true!! cool
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by tens4real(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
as in that quora.com ehh you ask a question and u meet professionals dat wil break it down 4 u fully loaded and just wen u tink ur intelligent u mit som1 dat wil make u luk dull quora wat i hav learn there cannot b over emphasieze
i neva knew there ar som nigerians on quora oo 4giv my ignorance i haven met any of dem yet

2 Likes

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Airoflaw(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by AnkaraStyles(f): 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
what do you mean by left politically?

left= left leaning or lefr wing.
The politically coreect fellas
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by ICAMETOWIN(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
tens4real:
as in that quora.com ehh you ask a question and u meet professionals dat wil break it down 4 u fully loaded and just wen u tink ur intelligent u mit som1 dat wil make u luk dull quora wat i hav learn there cannot b over emphasieze
i neva knew there ar som nigerians on quora oo 4giv my ignorance i haven met any of dem yet
Nigerians plenty for Quora, I even follow some of them.
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by tens4real(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
ICAMETOWIN:
Nigerians plenty for Quora, I even follow some of them.
baba abeg wetin b ur ID let me connect wit my felo nigerians
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Lunagirl(f): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
LastMumu:

I concur....
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by MicNz(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
LastMumu:

You too dey qoura? I thought I am the only Nig there.
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by laudate: 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
MicNz:
You too dey qoura? I thought I am the only Nig there.
Haba!! Lots of intelligent Nigerians dey Quora, nah! cheesy I wonder why the same people are not on NL?

1 Like

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by rman: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2017
tens4real:

A lot of Nigerians are there.
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by rman: 8:18am On Sep 05, 2017
laudate:

Haba!! Lots of intelligent Nigerians dey Quora, nah! cheesy I wonder why the same people are not on NL?

At least 5 are on this thread alone.

In my opinion, I do not want too many Nigerians on Quora...call me selfish.

I cringe when I realise the quality of posts on nairaland comapared to contents 8yrs ago.
I leanrt a lot on nairaland then. Now, I am even reluctant to share a view or knowledge I know is correct because of insults here and there.

Gbawe
Harakiri
Sisikill
Ajanlekoko
Beaf
Sagamite

are a few posters I could remeber that always make intelligent contributions

Now all we have is tribalistic folks and kids that insults.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by tens4real(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2017
rman:

A lot of Nigerians are there.
wats ur ID lets connect
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by rman: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2017
tens4real:
wats ur ID lets connect

my full names...I do want people to know it here pls...
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by laudate: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2017
rman:
At least 5 are on this thread alone.

In my opinion, I do not want too many Nigerians on Quora...call me selfish.

I cringe when I realise the quality of posts on nairaland comapared to contents 8yrs ago.
I leanrt a lot on nairaland then. Now, I am even reluctant to share a view or knowledge I know is correct because of insults here and there.

Gbawe
Harakiri
Sisikill
Ajanlekoko
Beaf
Sagamite

are a few posters I could remeber that always make intelligent contributions

Now all we have is tribalistic folks and kids that insults.
You are soo-oo-oo right!! wink NL was different years ago. I remember learning a lot from exchanges with Terracotta, K0be, dayokanu etc. Yes, we had some disagreements, but it was done with a good measure of civility. Now, that has all gone to the dogs. Initially, when those insulting kids came on board, I tried to stay above the fray. But then I realised that they were mistaking my silence for weakness, and my calmness for stupidity. So I dished it right back to them. Abi, na who be mumu? angry It is so sad that things have gone down the drain on NL. undecided But thank goodness for Quora. It is still where I take refuge when I want to read sane, meaningful contributions. cheesy
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by tens4real(m): 10:57am On Sep 05, 2017
rman:

my full names...I do want people to know it here pls...
ait i understand
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Oluwasegun123(m): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2017
LastMumu:

I swear. There's so much to learn on Quora.
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Danhumprey: 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Karleb:
Quora.com
how were you able to register as a member there? what browser does it support perfectly?
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Karleb(m): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Danhumprey:
how were you able to register as a member there? what browser does it support perfectly?

You can login with your Google account, Facebook account or sign up directly with the site.

I logged in with my Google account, my browser is UC.

Sup bro?
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Danhumprey: 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Karleb:

You can login with your Google account, Facebook account or sign up directly with the site.

I logged in with my Google account, my browser is UC.

Sup bro?
I've been trying to register on that site with UC browser, Opera mini. no success. it's just frustrating.

I'm good. what's up with you?
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Greatzeus(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
DesChyko:
There's one called F-T-O-I-T-L-R
Family Time Out In The Living Room.
No data, no apps to Install, no battery to charge.
Just sit together, cross your legs and catch up on all you missed while paying attention to facebook.
Mark right now

1 Like

Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Karleb(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Danhumprey:
I've been trying to register on that site with UC browser, Opera mini. no success. it's just frustrating.

I'm good. what's up with you?

It can be like that when the network is not strong enough. Try 3g/4g and try to sign up with either your Facebook/Google account, you won't experience any form of delay anymore after the registration.

I'm good as well. Enjoying the strike, are you?
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Danhumprey: 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2017
Karleb:

It can be like that when the network is not strong enough. Try 3g/4g and try to sign up with either your Facebook/Google account, you won't experience any form of delay anymore after the registration.

I'm good as well. Enjoying the strike, are you?
Thanks. I just succeeded in registering.

how about Reddit?

not enjoying any strike. it should be called off already jor.
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by vicadex07(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ambjosh:
information on quora transformed my life. I was actually expecting to see it on the list. But I remembered perhaps its the ops opinion. quora.com is certainly the best for me.

Pls how does quora work. I don't seem to get it.

What can quora offer which I cannot find on Google search?
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Karleb(m): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
Danhumprey:
Thanks. I just succeeded in registering.

how about Reddit?

not enjoying any strike. it should be called off already jor.

I'm not on reddit. But one thing I know about the site is that you have to download the app to enjoy it as the contents don't display properly on browser especially on UC.
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Osezzua(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
gud
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by dushman04: 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
No Reddit or Quora ?
Re: 10 Social Media Platforms To Consider If You Are Tired Of Facebook by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Quora is what nairaland really isn't. There you have more gifted and intelligent minds. Glad a whole lot of guys here are aware of it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Jos UNIJOS 2015/2016 Masters Degree Forms Now On 08060777331 / Prison Inmates Excel In WAEC Exams- NPS / Lagos State University Part Time Application Form Is Out(external Campuses)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.