Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification - Fashion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification (121943 Views)

Victory Obasi Wins The Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja 2017 Contest (Photos) / Ugochi Ihezue Wins Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria MBGN 2017 (Photos) / Precious Omovong, Miss Delta, Withdraws From MBGN 2017 Pageant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
safarigirl:
l proferrd solutions last time to dygeasy, but in true dictatotial nature, he shot me down and failed to apply it and is bringing the same nonsense again

On that thread I said the contestants should be presented to five-seven neautral Judges (non mods, but popular NLers) from 5-7 different sections once the Top 10 have been decided via votes from other NLers

These judges will be the ones to seive out the contestants based on beauty, interviews (oral & written etc) until we have a winner.

They don't even have a proper Q&A session for NLers...questions like "name five popular NLers in five sections", when did NL reach a million members? Name 5 NL mods....I don't see these in the Q&A, so, how is it really an NL beauty contest? undecided

The fact that organisers can't even reason like this and I have to waste my time suggesting this EVERY year is aggravating.

Pray tell, is that not how pageants are run? This one, they can't even get judges, they just leave everything to NLers as if it is election.

A beauty contest is not an election, it is a selection. The sooner the organisers of this farce learn that, the sooner non-Romancelanders will take it seriously

This is the last time I will proffer this solution, since most people are blind every time I did it. A former Mr NL contestant even mentioned the irregularities and nothing was done. The last time there was any sort of change was four years ago, but such a contest ought to be reviewed yearly

If people repeatedly complain and organisers never change the model,does it not make them dictators?

Bring in judges, I will even name Onila head judge if necessary, I will find seven judges and we will have a FAIR contest, anything else is a farce

I get your point now wink cheesy Meanwhile, It is still early to give up on the contest. Many things can still be changed. This is just a nomination stage and I hope the organizers will take cognizance of your suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by ImDharay: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
Shortyy:
Arghh this thing again?? Kai now my mentions will soon be filled with campaigns

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
brightalo17:

I disagree ,simply say you're not pretty enough to contest.
una go just dey chook una long long mouth inside person matter with permission.Next time, take permission okay? grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by brightalo17: 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
una go just dey chook una long long mouth inside person matter with permission.Next time, take permission okay? grin
If mouth is not long how one can speak with it? permission from who?
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
brightalo17:

Are you living in heaven? even in Usa 50k is worth more than 100usd.
hat's in naira,right? 50k is $120 - $130 USD. The cost of living is hella high here undecided .

An why are we talking about this grin it don't actually matter
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by teejaypee: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:
the heck undecided this blasted contest is still ago. I thought I missed the disaster.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
brightalo17:
If mouth is not long how one can speak with it? permission from who?
Permission from wura and fadaka!mtcheww
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by KingTom(m): 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
daveP:
confluence don turn oven. glad im not turning to lupita nyongo. i can c only oldtimers doing the thread.(sips whateva). but unlike bubu, i want a few changes. seeing some bright futures nominated as well.(forgotten how to smooch beard)
E be like say that confluence sign deal with devil o the place Na hell. Anyway sha just like you I sit patiently, observing grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
brightalo17:

Thank God you finally gotten the message clearer now. God will help you win this year's contest.
hahahaha, when a person always feels everyone who has an opinion about something always has a catch to it, then that person obviously has a problem. You were quick to say I lack comprehension skills yet you missed the part where I said I neither nominate nor vote, I have not even been on any campaign team, and don't intend to. You see why I had to always disregard your statements? Cos they were obviously a reflection of your state of mind and not based of fact. Wait and see the contestants, don't be quick to assume ,don't rush to conclude on the intent of a person based on your own comprehension, this is just an advice that might come in handy next time, have a nice day ahead
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by SalomonKane: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
safarigirl:
l proferrd solutions last time to dygeasy, but in true dictatotial nature, he shot me down and failed to apply it and is bringing the same nonsense again

On that thread I said the contestants should be presented to five-seven neautral Judges (non mods, but popular NLers) from 5-7 different sections once the Top 10 have been decided via votes from other NLers

These judges will be the ones to seive out the contestants based on beauty, interviews (oral & written etc) until we have a winner.

They don't even have a proper Q&A session for NLers...questions like "name five popular NLers in five sections", when did NL reach a million members? Name 5 NL mods....I don't see these in the Q&A, so, how is it really an NL beauty contest? undecided

The fact that organisers can't even reason like this and I have to waste my time suggesting this EVERY year is aggravating.

Pray tell, is that not how pageants are run? This one, they can't even get judges, they just leave everything to NLers as if it is election.

A beauty contest is not an election, it is a selection. The sooner the organisers of this farce learn that, the sooner non-Romancelanders will take it seriously

This is the last time I will proffer this solution, since most people are blind every time I did it. A former Mr NL contestant even mentioned the irregularities and nothing was done. The last time there was any sort of change was four years ago, but such a contest ought to be reviewed yearly

If people repeatedly complain and organisers never change the model,does it not make them dictators?

Bring in judges, I will even name Onila head judge if necessary, I will find seven judges and we will have a FAIR contest, anything else is a farce
I agreed with you till I read the bolded, then I chuckled. Seriously, _Onila? grin.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by brightalo17: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Permission from wura and fadaka!mtcheww
Wura and Fadaka na your surname ? I see.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by SalomonKane: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
safarigirl:
oga thank you.

This Nairaland doesn't have objective souls and that is why it is going down.

See people here whining the winners and attacking people for saying the truth, as if we don't all know how this will go down.

I have proffered solutions multiple times and nothing has been done. They will just click on my profile, sight my picture and go for that. Their brains are too tiny to even read through the solutions

I've been on NL for 8 years, there is no kind of insult I haven't gotten from biased people, I no dey kuku read their trash again. At least I have my picture up, 98% of people who come at me don't even have the balls to put up their picture
Just take it easy. In as much as I don't agree with the way the organisers organise the contest, it's a bit of fun though, owing that the contest showcase the contestants being very dumb. In fact, they compliment the word very well. grin

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by brightalo17: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
frenzyduchess:
hahahaha, when a person always feels everyone who has an opinion about something always has a catch to it, then that person obviously has a problem. You were quick to say I lack comprehension skills yet you missed the part where I said I neither nominate nor vote, I have not even been on any campaign team, and don't intend to. You see why I had to always disregard your statements? Cos they were obviously a reflection of your state of mind and not based of fact. Wait and see the contestants, don't be quick to assume ,don't rush to conclude on the intent of a person based on your own comprehension, this is just an advice that might come in handy next time, have a nice day ahead

You can believe whatever you want to believe about my comment, as long as it doesn't pose any threats to the contestants or insult there personalities , Then you got no point at all.

I read where you said you don't contest and my last comment was for sarcasm which your comprehension still isn't large enough to contain .

Still wishing you best of luck in your endeavors.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by brightalo17: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:
hat's in naira,right? 50k is $120 - $130 USD. The cost of living is hella high here undecided .

An why are we talking about this grin it don't actually matter
Let me allow you since you're respectful. grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
brightalo17:

[s]
You can believe whatever you want to believe about my comment, as long as it doesn't pose any threats to the contestants or insult there personalities , Then you got no point at all.

I read where you said you don't contest and my last comment was for sarcasm which your comprehension still isn't large enough to contain . [/s]

Still wishing you best of luck in your endeavors .
thanks, you too
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by braimeddy: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
First contestant? Someone that created a moniker July 2017 and just have abt 23 post to her name and she's fit to context? What are the criteria needed for someone to be eligible?
Dygeasy:
We have our first Contestant!!!!

SHADYBERRY has been verified!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by EmperorShizzy: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
Where them goons to make this shii interesting with their WhatsApp controversies.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by CentaurXLV(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
SalomonKane:
Now, all I can say is.. BANKAI! grin

Bleach! grin Who's your favorite character?
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
brightalo17:
Let me allow you since you're respectful. grin
I don't understand?
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by SalomonKane: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
CentaurXLV:

Bleach! grin Who's your favorite character?
"You're blessed in your mind". My fav character, hmmm, lemme see... I'll say Byakuya, but I don't admire his arrogant nature. grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by makydebbie(f): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2017
Blackhawk01:

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Which category you wan dey if not mine na, copy copy sister. tongue tongue kiss
grin cheesy grin na you cause am sef. angry cry
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
27 pages and only one verified contestant grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by vicspring(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
teejaypee:
undecided undecided undecided
Its only you
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by vicspring(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
Jarizod:

Hahahahaha
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Blackhawk01: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
Jarizod:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
vicspring:

Hahahahaha

it's really laughable ma nigga grin

But am sure if this thread is in romance section we would have gotten over 10 contestants by now!
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by CentaurXLV(m): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
SalomonKane:
"You're blessed in your mind". My fav character, hmmm, lemme see... I'll say Byakuya, but I don't admire his arrogant nature. grin

Byakuya, That dude's bankai is the bomb. grin But I'll still go with Ilchigo. Ulquiorra is one powerful villain too. grin
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by SalomonKane: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
CentaurXLV:

Byakuya, That dude's bankai is the bomb. grin But I'll still go with Ilchigo. Ulquiorra is one powerful villain too. grin
Ichigo? His bankai is lame. Nothing to it. It's suppose to be about speed, but he still get his assed whooped every time.

Ulquirra's resurrection has two stage. He's the only espada to attain that stage. Yet he's ranked No. 4.
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by makydebbie(f): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Na why mumsie call family meeting for your head. I'm gifting you bra as Christmas gift, if you like no wear am. Fallen Olympus fall on you nii tongue undecided

LOL. I played a major role by bringing up the idea. lipsrsealed cheesy
But why are you opening my nyash in public like this?!

Back to sender. tongue angry
No be you again?
Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by makydebbie(f): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
SalomonKane:
Yea, sorry about that. Work is very demanding. I'll try and call when I close from work today. smiley
Okay dear.

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by makydebbie(f): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
mhisbliss:
not the strength though, I'd love to observe from the sidelines
sad sad
Okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification by SalomonKane: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
makydebbie:
Okay dear.
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (68) (Reply)

Cornrows! I Didn't Know Nigerian Men Love This Hairstyle So Much (Photos) / *** QUEENZHAIRâ„¢ ||Get in Here For 100% Raw Vietnamese Human Hairs *** / Video Tutorial : Download Free Makeup Tutorial For Black Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.