Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women (2005 Views)

See, Atheist Girls Do Not Even Want Atheist Men! / More Men Than Women Will Make The Rapture? / Why Is It Easier For Men To Be Humble Before Their Fellow Men Than Before God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2017
Not so sure if such subject has been raised on this forum, however, I have a question that has been on my mind lately.

I have been privileged to meet quite a number of people from different culture, various works of life, within and outside the country and I found that those who are atheist are more of the male population than our female folks. Also, I have read extensively and once again to my surprise, more books on atheistism are written by men compared to women.

So to all the eminent and intelligent folks on this forum, why are there more atheist men than women or put it in another way, why are women more religious than men?

***Please all responses are welcome with no bashing or derogatory comments about any gender***
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nutase: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2017
Because fewer women are bums
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by TheLogicalMind(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2017
It only looks as if there are more male atheists. No proof exists that men are more likely to be atheists than women.There are female atheists like Oprah Winfrey, Ellen Degeneres, Sarah Silverman etc.
The thing is, they are famous for reasons other than atheism.
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by JackBizzle: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
It only looks as if there are more male atheists. No proof exists that men are more likely to be atheists than women.There are female atheists like Oprah Winfrey, Ellen Degeneres, Sarah Silverman etc.
The thing is, they are famous for reasons other than atheism.

Oprah Winfrey is not an atheist. I remember her blasting atheism on one of her programs

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by JackBizzle: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2017
Nutase:
Because fewer women are bums

Bums? Repaint, for the condom of God is at hand!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by JackBizzle: 11:38am On Sep 04, 2017
There are fewer female atheists for the same reason that there are more women in church.

Oppressed/poorer groups are more likely to turn to religion

Blacks are more religious than whites.
Latinos more religious than whites

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by obinna58(m): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Women tends to have weakness more than men
Both physically and mentally(infirmity), that's why they can easy be deceived grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Samsimple(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
The naivity of women is beyond women understanding
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by vaxx: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
obinna58:
Both physically and mentally(infirmity), that's why they can easy be deceived grin
I disagree with you. but before I go further. do you have any scientific evidence that claim women are more weaker than men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by obinna58(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2017
vaxx:
I disagree with you. but before I go further. do you have any scientific evidence that claim women are more weak than men.
Do you still require scientific evidence for things happening around you, go further bro maybe I need enlightenment grin
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Ranchhoddas: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
If you can understand why women fall under the anointing more than men, you'll get your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by vaxx: 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
obinna58:

Do you still require scientific evidence for things happening around you, go further bro maybe I need enlightenment grin
I think there should be clear scientific evidence on the topic. it is an issue that most be resolved to address gender inequality.

since there is no credible scientific evidence known to me for now. I shall base my findings on observation and assumption.

in physical strength. men appear more stronger than women in the area of size and muscle but in general physical qualities like agility and balance ,immune system and emotions women outperform men.

I also observe women live longer and the reason I accredit to this is that women are bilogically better survivors from the day they’re born.

Statistically, baby girls are more robust than boys, which makes mortality rates among babies a little skewed in favour of girls.

And for reasons that scientists don’t fully understand, throughout their lives women tend to survive the same diseases that kill men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
obinna58:

fooooooooool
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Samsimple:
The naivity of women is beyond women understanding

idiooooooota
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by thickminaj(f): 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Well men are encouraged to be liberal and their decisions unquestioned unlyk women... Deviating from the norm will cause uproar especially in Africa
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by vaxx: 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
TheShopKeeper:

Not so sure if such subject has been raised on this forum, however, I have a question that has been on my mind lately.

I have been privileged to meet quite a number of people from different culture, various works of life, within and outside the country and I found that those who are atheist are more of the male population than our female folks. Also, I have read extensively and once again to my surprise, more books on atheistism are written by men compared to women.

So to all the eminent and intelligent folks on this forum, why are there more atheist men than women or put it in another way, why are women more religious than men?

***Please all responses are welcome with no bashing or derogatory comments about any gender***

first of all, there is no concrete answer to your question. every idea here will bias in some way.

my own contribution.

when it comes to love. cares and feelings. give it to the women. women who have already develop a feelings with imaginary friend may find it difficult just to breakup. women who are more smart often do not use the smartness when it comes to emotion and love affairs. this can be applicable to men too anyways, but I think is common among women
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by obinna58(m): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

fooooooooool
Stop showing your length of stupidity, correct me if I'm wrong, meanwhile I didn't say all women

U must have had some experiences grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2017
obinna58:

Stop showing your length of stupidity, correct me if I'm wrong, meanwhile I didn't say all women

U must have had some experiences grin

you said women

fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
TheShopKeeper:

Simple.

I've this perception that ladies are more logical, brilliant and straightforward than most men grin

I exclude my self.
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Simple.

I've this perception that ladies are more logical, brilliant and straightforward than most men grin

I exclude my self.

I'm not sure your bible agrees
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by obinna58(m): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

you said women

fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL
OK
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I'm not sure your bible agrees
So, any references?
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

So, any references?

1 Timothy 2:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Timothy 2:11-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first,
then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 English Standard Version (ESV)
the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as
the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 34

so if the bible agrees why are they told to keep quite?
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

So, any references?

Ecclesiastes 7:28

while I was still searching but not finding-- I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.

second translation
28 I have looked for other answers but have found none. I found one man in a thousand that I could respect, but not one woman. 29
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by hopefulLandlord: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

while I was still searching but not finding-- I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.

I'm curious, what do you have to say to the OP?

I know you're not an atheist so you can just change it to irreligious

let me say it like this "Why are there more irreligious males than females?"

do you agree that there are more irreligious men than women? if yes, what do you think is the reason for that?
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm curious, what do you have to say to the OP?

I know you're not an atheist so you can just change it to irreligious

let me say it like this "Why are there more irreligious males than females?"

do you agree that there are more irreligious men than women? if yes, what do you think is the reason for that?

There are probably more irreligious women than you think, they are just not as vocal about it as men are.
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

second translation
28 I have looked for other answers but have found none. I found one man in a thousand that I could respect, but not one woman. 29

Ok.
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by hopefulLandlord: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

There are probably more irreligious women than you think, they are just not as vocal about it as men are.

okay, I can work with that

what makes women less vocal about being irreligious than men?
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

1 Timothy 2:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Timothy 2:11-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first,
then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 English Standard Version (ESV)
the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as
the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 34

so if the bible agrees why are they told to keep quite?

This is based on our faith.

I'm not referring to our faith.

Since when you were born, how many pastoress and prophetess have you seen?

Now start counting them.

You could as well add names (if possible undecided).
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Daeylar(f): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2017
I hope this won't turn to women vs men

Thanks vaxx and Proudgorgeousga for silencing all foolishness

As for the topic,
The only thing that comes to mind, and this is just a guess, maybe pressure due to marriage issues, praying for a husband, praying for kids. Praying for a husband that's cheating.
Apart from the above I don't see any reason that will make women more religious than men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

This is based on our faith.

I'm not referring to our faith.

Since when you were born, how many pastoress and prophetess have you seen?

Now start counting them.

You could as well add names (if possible undecided).

so your faith is different from your reality?

I have seen a lot. Most popular ones are bimbo odukoya, mummy B, Helen ukpabio,
Re: Why Are There More Atheist Men Than Women by Samsimple(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

idiooooooota
madam nonentity wich one b ur own

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction - Spirituality As A Possible Decoy / Who Is Prophet Antonio Schroeder? / Would A Formal Christian Vs Atheist Debate Make Sense In Nigeria/lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.