Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine (853 Views)

Rabies: US Bans Importation Of Dogs From Nigeria, 112 Countries / Abia State Residents Hold March Against Rabies (Photos) / Anti Rabies Vacine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by mackii(m): 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
pls pets lovers, can a dog live without taking anti rabies vaccine and survivie.
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by mackii(m): 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
pls people i need your response
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by KingOvoramwen1(m): 2:00am On Sep 05, 2017
Yes
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by Greene66: 4:39am On Sep 05, 2017
Do you have any intention of ignoring the vaccine?
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by mackii(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2017
Greene66:
Do you have any intention of ignoring the vaccine?
I have not taken the vaccine yet and my dog is 11 months old.
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by mackii(m): 9:25am On Sep 05, 2017
MR Green abeg, can a dog change his personality. since my dog recovered from sickness he has become calmer and aggressive. should I be worried?
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by Greene66: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2017
mackii:

I have not taken the vaccine yet and my dog is 11 months old.

Go and obtain the vaccine for the dog.
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by Greene66: 9:45am On Sep 05, 2017
mackii:
MR Green abeg, can a dog change his personality. since my dog recovered from sickness he has become calmer and aggressive. should I be worried?

Of course.. A dog may change in personality. There are numerous factors that can influence such change such as emotion, pain, excitement, fear and so on.

In your case, your dog recovered from his sickness and became more calm but aggressive. What was the nature of the sickness? Whatever he/she passed through during the period of illness may have influenced a change in personality.
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by Patented: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2017
A vaccine is a preventive measure. not giving your Dog anti rabies vaccine would not automatically result in death or disease. However if your dog gets exposed to the virus that causes rabies then it becomes a danger to you and everybody around as it could transfer the infection via bite and the infection can be fatal to both dog and human. So get your dog vaccinated to prevent tears in future. Also read up on vaccines generally

3 Likes

Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by mackii(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2017
Greene66:

Of course.. A dog may change in personality. There are numerous factors that can influence such change such as emotion, pain, excitement, fear and so on.

In your case, your dog recovered from his sickness and became more calm but aggressive. What was the nature of the sickness? Whatever he/she passed through during the period of illness may have influenced a change in personality.
The vet says it was fever so she treated him with some anti biotics. would that be enough to change its personality?
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by mackii(m): 11:13am On Sep 05, 2017
Patented:
A vaccine is a preventive measure. not giving your Dog anti rabies vaccine would not automatically result in death or disease. However if your dog gets exposed to the virus that causes rabies then it becomes a danger to you and everybody around as it could transfer the infection via bite and the infection can be fatal to both dog and human. So get your dog vaccinated to prevent tears in future. Also read up on vaccines generally
OK thanks, I would do that this weekend.
Re: Can A Dog Live Without Taking Anti Rabies Vacine by Greene66: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
mackii:

The vet says it was fever so she treated him with some anti biotics. would that be enough to change its personality?

I don't think so.. It's mostly likely fear that can cause a change

(1) (Reply)

Snake Skins In Chicken House / A 1year Old Male Boerboel Is Available For Sell / Adult Female Gsd Available In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.