Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Satan Is Absurd - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Is Absurd (638 Views)

What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) / The Concept Of God Is Absurd / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Satan Is Absurd by kennyblack94: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
Satan is an absurd device used by insecure Christians to impose their beliefs, hence their will, onto other people.The Devil is not a power of any world except the world of imagination,he is fictional scapegoat for all that believers cannot explain about the world and find it distressing.
The Devil is a projection of the desires and secret fears of our own hearts that people won't own up to,that's what makes him so appealing, everyone loves a scapegoat to pass off their own fears and resentments onto.
Satan serves a very important function in the more fundamentalist versions of Christianity, it is that function in the minds and 'reasoning' of believers,to explain away whatever makes them feel uncomfortable when they don't know why,a kind of "Satan of the gaps", where whenever they are afraid of something and don't understand it, it must be "Satan did it", instead of simply admit they don't know something and that makes them feel distressed (and God forbid, actually seek to understand something) they invoke Satan to explain the unpleasant feeling,how this works is "I don't know, therefore Satan", in other words "I don't know, therefore I do know", whereas "God did it" if an unknown gives a pleasant feeling or seems good.
I've seen this many times where the real and more mundane causes of something are available to understand.Feeling depressed? Satan did it. Never ask why.How do the planets spin around? God did it. Not eh gravity. This sounds like a straw man but this is really things that fundamentalists come out with.
Poverty? Satan did it. Not eh,the economy. People don't share my beliefs,Satan must be behind that. People do share my beliefs, God has guided them. People are annoyed at me, Satan must be whispering to them, of course. It can't be anything I did. War? Satan again, not all too human evils. Naked women excite me,Satan is in my pants,can't just be natural normal attraction and hormones.
This is really what Satan is... One big fucking joke and showcase of all too human stupidity.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
And Jealousy a Human Face..

1 Like

Re: Satan Is Absurd by nadirinamata: 11:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
Kenneth Copeland Teaches on - Start Speaking Faith Now @KennethCopeland Daily Devotional September 5, 2017- http://www.247devotionals.com/2017/09/kenneth-copeland-daily-devotional_4.html

Re: Satan Is Absurd by konfused: 12:02am On Sep 05, 2017
I understand where you are coming from but, don't underestimate the devil because...

Ephesians 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

(1) (Reply)

2017 Immigration Shortlisted Candidates / What Is The Meaning Of This Context "Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness" /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.