Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 (25292 Views)

Equinor Exits Nigeria After 30 Years, Sells Its Assets To Chappal Energies / Nigeria Officially Joins List Of Restricted Countries On Betfair / Billionaire Femi Otedola Sells Forte Oil, Exits Fuel Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by dharmieee(m): 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2017
oneeast:
What is the price of a bag of rice at Ochanja or Oshodi markets? cheesy

Why are they bandying figures around when the common man's way of assessing the economic situation depends on how much he buys essential commodities.

This government is the worst ever in the history of Nigeria.

You should thank your stars that buffoon did not win the second term. You probably won't be able to afford the data you used in typing the above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by jc4real(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Average Nigerians who feel the heat of the recession the most-and not the government- should be the ones to tell when the recession ends.

Until rice, beans and other essential commodities return to the prices they sold for before the recession,this lie should be taken to the drawing board and repackaged so that it will be more presentable when next told.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by lincolnj88: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
freshest4live:

yeah it excluded many things and did not reflect the full economy, we were using a 1990 model. Most nations rebased their economy as well. If it was done in the time of obasanjo we would not be 170 Billion dollars, but jonathan also improved the economy though.
2013 Q4 GDP was $393 B.. . Are you saying after rebasemennt only that few dollars was added to the GDP.. .
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Doublez000(m): 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
Which part of Nigeria are we talking about here... Is it the other room NIGERIA?

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by pokipoki: 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
so many illiterate in this forum
Hahahaha. Mr illiterate, can going all us what yardstick or parameter you are using to collobrotate the assertion that the recession is over? We await your comments.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by pokipoki: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Oblang:

When they were giving negative figures, u don't say its a lie. Its now there is improvement u all started doubting...
Please tell me what positive figures in terms of employment and consumer price index that you have that the recession is over?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by DJMCOTTY(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
If only this news will be without all these statistics I for understand. �
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by yinkeys(m): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
Horrible policies all in the name of fighting corruption put us in this harsh state
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Oblang(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
pokipoki:

Please tell me what positive figures in terms of employment and consumer price index that you have that the recession is over?

Im talking abt the GDP moving from negative to positive. Unemployment did not just start today in Nigeria. Even in the time of so called boom, there was unemployment. We can only go gradually. Prices of commodities are reducing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by pokipoki: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
Oblang:

Im talking abt the GDP moving from negative to positive. Unemployment did not just start today in Nigeria. Even in the time of so called boom, there was unemployment. We can only go gradually. Prices of commodities are reducing.
Hahahaha. I thought as much. You cannot back your claims with figures, just heresay. My advice, do a research from the last 10 years, get a trend and use it to justify your claims
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by arsenal33: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
oneeast:
Now answer me, what are the physical indices that shows we are out of recession? Prices of essential commodities rose to the ceiling level, that was the beginning of recession in Nigeria. Now they are telling us that recession is over..the question is, has those prices come down? Has fuel/gas price come down to N87? Has people that lost their jobs been reinstated?

Has the FX returned to where this useless government met it in 2015. Until all these are reversed, you can't come out to say you are out of recession. If you dare me, then go to Oshodi or Ochanja and say this and see if you will not have a broke head and legs.

so everything will be normal immediately?
I wonder what type of schooling you had.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by EvilMetahuman: 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
pokipoki:

Hahahaha. Mr illiterate, can going all us what yardstick or parameter you are using to collobrotate the assertion that the recession is over? We await your comments.
Readddddd!!!! You dunce!

It won't take 1minute to read the post.
Stop reading just the topic.

The same parameter used in judging that your country is in recession is the same parameter they are using to judge your country is out of recession.
Its all right there in the post.

Everything is about the price of garri with you stupid lot.
Did everything start becoming expensive immediately the country fell into recession?
Do you expect everything to suddenly become cheap immediately country comes out of recession?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by buffalowings: 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
pokipoki:

thank you thank you.

What a common man like me will understand is how many jobs were added.

I read the BBC and almost every month they give a report of the number of jobs added the previous month in the US
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by samsobo24(m): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
I think the prices of goods and services will be the last to reduce drastically when there is an increase in supply

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by joinnow: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
No bi today I dey hear say will don comot for recession.
Fin minister don talk am b4
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by frankmoney(m): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

Readddddd!!!! You dunce!

It won't take 1minute to read the post.
Stop reading just the topic.

The same parameter used in judging that your country is in recession is the same parameter they are using to judge your country is out of recession.
Its all right there in the post.

Everything is about the price of garri with you stupid lot.
Did everything start becoming expensive immediately the country fell into recession?
Do you expect everything to suddenly become cheap immediately country comes out of recession?
you dey mind that guy ?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Rapture4real(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
Our government always use appropriate adverb in a subtle way to describe different situations in the country e.g Boko Haram technically defeated yet their onslaught everywhere, Nigeria is officially out of recession yet things are still expensive.We believe God for a change.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by dabossman(m): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nigerians are very funny. We obviously celebrate bad news and reject good news. The same bodies that told us we have entered a recession using the same indices and we all believed, have now returned to finally tell us we are out and we say it is a lie. Do we even understand what recession is?

Personally, I'm glad that agriculture and manufacturing are showing quarter on quarter growth. Hopefully, the trend will continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by refreshrate: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Doyin2:

How did we get inside it?

The same statistics that told us we were in recession is now what you longer believe,just because it does not favour your senseless polirtical and mischievous hatred for progress.

How far have you seen the update regarding this ?
Have I not been vindicated?

Mr progressive
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by stevecantrell: 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
flyca:
Story! Fuel is still 145. Rice nko? Abegi!
2019 this joke govt will pass away..
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Optimist88(m): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
clarocuzioo:

Then why are you disturbing the handicapped when you know you are not qualified to train them, is than not a proper definition of lunacy??
U just made my day with this reply to that Prof. of Lune

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by positivetaught: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
I hope it's not imagination or brilliantly cook up propaganda, because with APC even the devil is a learner.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
stevecantrell:

2019 this joke govt will pass away..
... kiss
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by charlesucheh(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
selflessmaya:
oh? is that why buhari rose from the dead to bring back the recession. every time that man leaves, things get better and he returns and pulls it apart again. no sane country wouldn't have impeached buhari by now, he's unfit to be president, a president's health issue is top-secret, they have private doctors that treat them etc, have u ever heard obama is ill? they take care of everything under covers. yet this man has been in international coma longer than he's been in aso rock and walks around clinging unto one thread of life and we haven't evolved to the point of taking initiative.

buhari has made many selfish choices on issues that involve nigerians and abused their rights as democrats. he's very regressive, always an embarrassment to nigeria and again very selfish, not even decent enough to voluntarily resign & vacate the seat to battle his demons, he wants to put everyone through it. nigeria will never get over how their bile of hatred caused them to elect this vile creature.
you need help!
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by stevecantrell: 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
... kiss

OMG !!!

Am I dreaming..... ?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 06, 2017
stevecantrell:

OMG !!!
Am I dreaming..... ?
hey!Howdy Padna?wazzup wazzup wazzzup?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by stevecantrell: 9:11am On Sep 06, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
hey!Howdy Padna?wazzup wazzup wazzzup?

Im gud..
Back from the dead I see..
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 06, 2017
stevecantrell:

Im gud..
Back from the dead I see..
always life! being busy with real life...no time for bathroom selfies or nairalanding...being away and out of touch with naij...miss my nairaland fam tho
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by stevecantrell: 9:24am On Sep 06, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
always life! being busy with real life...no time for bathroom selfies or nairalanding...being away and out of touch with naij...miss my nairaland fam tho

Awwwww....not coming back to naij ?? sad
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by drnoel: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2017
GavelSlam:

How can we be in the 4th quarter right now ?

1st quarter: January - March

2nd quarter: April - June

3rd quarter: July - September

4th quarter: October - December.

Atleast u agree with me that we are way into the 3rd quarter so who is still talking about the 2nd
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by Truckpusher(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Yimu!! grin
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 by GavelSlam: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2017
drnoel:

Atleast u agree with me that we are way into the 3rd quarter so who is still talking about the 2nd

You wrote that we are in the 4th quarter when indeed we are still in the third.

The stats for the 3rd quarter would only come when you have exited the 3rd quarter, at least even you must know this.

What is it with Nigerians just accepting they made a mistake and move on?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Foundation Opens Portal For 2021 Entrepreneurship Programme / Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? / Tony Elumelu Receives Belgium’s Oldest National Honour (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.