Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,891 members, 7,852,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! (791 Views)

"P.D.P" Has Been Ruling Nigeria For 15 Years?- A.P.C / 'here We Go Again' Repeatition Of Musa Yaradua Saga On The Way / Yaradua Saga : Could This Be A Deja Vu Of Abacha's Last Days ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2010
At exactly 11 AM, the weekly FEC meeting scheduled to start at 10 AM is yet to begin. The ministers are fully seated but there is no presiding officer in sight.

****Event unfolding*****

Source: www.watchait.com
Re: Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! by rhymz(m): 11:35am On Feb 24, 2010
Sb posted on FB THAT yaradua has re-appeared!
Re: Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! by Witi(m): 11:54am On Feb 24, 2010
I wonder what Yar'adua and his cronies are up to, well I pray millitary will not end up intervening in this matter.
Re: Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2010
Witi:

I wonder what Yar'adua and his cronies are up to, well I pray millitary will not end up intervening in this matter.
i doubt military intervention right now atleast the tension is easing off
Re: Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2010
Live updates - Yar'Adua's return
By Elizabeth Archibong
February 24, 2010 12:37PM
print email

Updates as they happen

1220 - Secretary general of the federation, Yayale Ahmed, announces that the weekly federal executive council meeting has been postponed. The Acting president will still meet with his cabinet in his office at 2pm but this will be a private meeting. No reference made to President Yar'Adua's health or return. He is not expected however to attend the meeting between Goodluck Jonathan and his cabinet.

1153 - Senate goes ahead to conclude debate amending section 145 of the constitution without any mention of President Yar’Adua’s return.

1135 - Jonathan is waiting, trying to avoid embarrassment by staying away and waiting for the president who is taking eternity to come out

1134 - Senate makes no reference to the president's return and continues session on amendment of Section 145 of the Nigerian constitution. However various groups are seen fervently huddling together during recess.

1131 - A security detail is guarding the president’s chair to ensure Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan does not sit on the chair.

♦One hour after the weekly cabinet meeting of ministers was supposed to have commenced, there is no sign that it would hold, as all the ministers have stayed away.

Neither the Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan nor his aides have also turned up. This is very unusual, as they (the Acting President and his aides) always keep to time in past meetings. Mr Jonathan had locked out some ministers from past meeting for lateness.

However, aides to the ailing President, Umaru Yar'Adua who returned to the country, early this morning were seen at the chambers. Mr Yar Adua's (Aide-de-Camp) ADC, Mustapha Onoedieva
and Chief security Officer Yusufu Tilde were seen at the council chambers for a while earlier today, but they also left.

No presidency official is willing to talk yet.

President Umaru Yar'Adua returned to Nigeria early this morning, and was carried from the airport in an ambulance. A terse report on Nigerian Television Authority this morning said he has been taken to a ‘clinic.'

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5531463-146/live_updates_-_yaraduas_return_.csp
Re: Yaradua Saga U P D A T E D : F E C Meeting Yet To Begin At 11 Am! by Witi(m): 2:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
These people just want to set this country on Fire Simple angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Whats Up With All These Akunyili Busybody? / I Miss OBJ - Dele Momodu / Jos Crisis: Jang Is Naive - Army •plateau Gov Declares 3-day Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.