Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? (15818 Views)

Most Interesting TV Adverts / Most Annoying TV Adverts / Nigerian Commercials (TV Adverts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by lafile(m): 11:15am On Mar 05, 2007
Good: Vicks Blue (I swear i no go do am again) though the follow up (best man at wedding reception) wasnt that good.
Bad : Star Beer (they all had stupid faces)
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Modups1(f): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2007
luv:
fcmb (abasi ayaya)
powerfist (u need d koko)
malta guiness (boogying down d streets with their umbrellas)
glo (mode9 concert)

dont like:
joy advert tongue tongue
celtel (all their adverts are dull) tongue

cant stand:
flucorday (nonsense) tongue tongue
dansa fruit juice (copycats)

tired of watching:
guiness (dull color & dry narrative)
bank phb (basketball)
star(party in d desert- yeah right)
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Ronke2811(f): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2007
BEST ADVERTS[color=#770077][/color]
All Bank PHB
MTN( Where the guy sent all files to his wife)
OMO (is not dirt but a star in the making)
cussons ( the baby there was cute)
FCMB

WORST ADVERT
HARPIC
AMBI PUR
JOY
FLUCOR DAY
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ronnieslimz(f): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2007
@ronke 2811; s'up name sake  grin
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by harpo(m): 10:56am On Mar 06, 2007
U guys would agree with me if i say the worst MTN ad is better than the best Glo & Celtel ads
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Modups1(f): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2007
harpo, i disagree cos i think glo ads are far better dan celtel
i would say both mtn & glo ads are creative but celtel really needs to do something fast!
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Ambber(f): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2007
The Omo 'dirt' is good advert is actually a copy cat advert from persil.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ifeanyioji: 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2007
my worst ads r Joy colonge & Haansbro for its buscuit and chocholate
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by yebarbie(f): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2007
The ad I like the best is the baba blue (i swear i no go do am again) the wedding one is rubbish.
I hate the guiness ad. its dry and depressing.MTN and GLO have very nice ads. I like the glo ad with the  song 'I see Laughter'. The baby they showed at the begining is extremely cute.I also like Sunny Ade's 'call me baby thats my number'.
I also like the MTN 'oh Jerry'.Both the guy and the  babe are good looking.
Harpo, you are almost right. The worst MTN,GLO ad is better then the best celtel ad.
I hate the Harpic ad because she calls it 'apic' throughout.I hate the blue boat milk ad with a passion.very silly and ugly  looking mom, kids and teacher. thats about all i can remember for now.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by funmeme(f): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2007
honestly i like BANK PHB ad it's just 2 balm.i give it all to them.
i also like Gueness,Vicks lemon plus,MTN,&Delta Detergent.

i hate Harpic ad and omo
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by smillie: 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2007
The Omo advert quality is good,but wen dey say 'dirt is good',dats bad
FCMB very good
SKYE BANK,i luv it
Chivita ad wit Jide Kosoko,i hate it a passion
All MTN ads
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by 1k001(m): 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2007
wow this thread tells me how long i've been away from 9ja, haven't seen any of them, My friend and i were talking one day and some1 said 'i thought you'd never ask'. This sounded familiar to me and thought it must have been from an ad, however i couldn't remember which one. Could someone help me out by telling me wat the ad was for and what the scenario was, it's been wrecking my head for weeks. I THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER ASK (i think it might have been an mtn ad)
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by splurge(f): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2007
yes! i really hate that mtn advert of mama na boy but i think vmobile's adverts are quite cool.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by WesleyanA(f): 2:09am On Mar 11, 2007
anyone remember the Omo commercial with the lady in blue with the fish stain
i loved that one cheesy
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by agnesoseka: 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2007
love Phb, Mtn ads

Hate Flucodey, Harpic,so wacked! wia ever thy got such ideas frm.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Kpaka(m): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2007
The guy that sang 'abasi ayaya' is called "FADA BASI".
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by lizzy47(f): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2007
let me think
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Brymore(m): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2007
I judge adverts, even TV ads by closing my eyes and seeing if I can make sense out of it. on those grounds, I love FCMB and Omo.
That MALTA GUINESS advert looks more like a toothpaste ad, besides, it's so dry. and if a person is blind he/she will not be able to make much sense out of it, most importantly, you will not know what product is being advertised.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ronnieslimz(f): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

anyone remember the Omo commercial with the lady in blue with the fish stain
i loved that one cheesy

yeah! it rocks then. .
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by trendy(f): 11:34am On Mar 14, 2007
Best: Cussons Baby care range, those babies are adorbale
hmn my bum bum is itching cheesy i love the baby that said that

Worse: guiness: i dont know what that advert is about
and i dont want to know
the statring is something like this

My friend Udeme angry
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ronnieslimz(f): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
talking about billboards. .
nestle milo - do wonders to their breakfast. .those kids are lovely
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by lizzy47(f): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2007
trendy:

Best: Cussons Baby care range, those babies are adorbale
hmn my bum bum is itching cheesy i love the baby that said that
@trendy yes i really like that advert makes me happy and laugh and i also like the mtn advcert where the baby refused to get up until music was played it makes me understand that babies can fool adults to hahahahahha grin
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by okerien(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2007
How do Know the best Cable TV offer in Nija
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by hola2ng(m): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2007
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ericfrank: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2007
Singing or music is supposed to attract attention to an advert and if people like the song they will remember the advert and the product. But, when there is too much of it going on it can become irritating. I agree with OMO. It is good to see ads that look at things differently. Ordinary and boring things can become more special like that. Can you think of other ads that do this?
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Boome: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2007
Can someone tell me the agency responsible for "O noodles" ad?
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by teemanic(m): 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2007
Ads are sort of getting better in Nigeria,
Isn't it interesting that most of the ads that catch our attention for good or worse are foreign commercials?
I mean there are some very poorly made TVCs for local medicine that didnt even make it unto the radar, Its worth thinking about.

If you can create a stir, make a stink
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ericfrank: 10:14am On Apr 05, 2007
Hiya Teemanic. I agree with you that ads are getting better in Nigeria. I also can't understand why a country with such a dynamic film industry can't compete on quality with foreign ads. Do you think it's because people who make films and commercials just want to do cheap productions in order to make bigger profits? If you were given the job to improve the quality of Nigerian films and ads what would you do and how would you do it?
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by viee(f): 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2007
yes!
the amstel malta advert is really good!
i cant seem to stop singing that Syke Bank song.it is really uplifting, kinda hides the oda flaws in the ad.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by moondust(m): 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2007
Fav- Bank PHB Talkin Car
Most Hated- star road party , reminds me 2 much of Guiness taxi party
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by teemanic(m): 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2007
Hi eric,
I am not so sure i am an authority on the issue, but the little i know and observe in our efforts towards producing commercials and or films is that it lacks ART. By ART i mean the elements and techniques that make the filmaking experience exciting and fulfilling. If you are a reader of comic books,lover of cinema( which i am) and other visual aesthetics, i think you can intrinsically tell what works or what seems ridiculous, Our people put a lot of effort into what they do, they try to buy the right video cameras, work crazy hours, purchase bootleg software, but then the art  which is that language of commuicating visual ideas is missing. Very fluent speakers of the art know how to transit from one scene to another, how to tell the story ,get emotion from a scene, understand the effects to use, the image they create and so on  . I am sure many of us can remember specific scenes from favourite movies and how it affected us. Its that residual knowledge that many of us use to make decisions on quality and appeal. I think that is what our francophone friends may understand it a little better though they can make some really boring movies.
I would think we just need to know those techniques and apply it to what we are already good at , story telling.
It would be a start and by the way, the guys doing music videos in Nigeria are ahead of the curve on that . They have techniques in their stuff that some commericals and many films don't have. Its an approach thing.
'If you can't create a stir, make a stink. It's all  publicity'.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2007
i can't stand those rule your world ads.i dont know what they have to do with a telecoms company. i think they are mike's way of thumbing his nose at efcc, and reinforcing the fact that I AM THE MAN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Link To Download "Now You See Me 2" / AppyDay Represents Nigeria In Norway Got Talent (photos) / Are Nigerian Movies Actually The Best In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.