Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,569 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? (16008 Views)

Most Interesting TV Adverts / Most Annoying TV Adverts / Nigerian Commercials (TV Adverts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 06, 2007
Only one person has mention the o noodles; that ad is totally out of tune.
A guy was chatting and all of a sudden a plate of of o noodles came out from his pc: thats impossible!!!!

I dont really like that of bank phb;one day cars will drive themselves or run on water. That means they are not really strong to handle people's finances now.

I like that of guinness, though too long.

The best 4 me is baba blue's i swear i no go do am again.

Most of these nice ad like guinness, malta guinness, omo etc are done in south africa and most times by south africans. Take a closer look at the ads i mention; the people there all look south african.
That of malta guinness, only one nigerian was in the dance ad that was done in s/a.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by bunmii(f): 6:36am On Apr 06, 2007
i'm loving the one about the cadbury snaps, those three ladies are so funny also the one about the 'we know the colors that match' ---- DULUX.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by hannydarl(f): 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2007
L ove the abasi ayaya i think omo should change their dirt is good slogan some people may not understand the concept.We were all thought that dirt is filth and dangerous from a tender age how come omo will sudenly say dirt is good.Unicef should do somthing before people who are uneducated get confused o kids lives are in danger now that parents are encouraged to let tham get dirty omo can only remove stains on clothes not kill germs .
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by mukina2: 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2007
i hate Nancy's ad on Gamcel angry
I hate Yaya Ministrels ADs all of them .they suck angry angry
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by akasleek(m): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2007
My favorite ads currently is the Malta guiness, feel good everyday ads. its very refreshing. Bank PHB ads are also interesting. Very Lateral . great thinking. One of my favorite ads is also the Delta soap ad. The one with the shakira song soundtrack. Quite nice. The Dansa ad is not really it.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ronnieslimz(f): 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2007
akasleek:

One of my favorite ads is also the Delta soap ad. The one with the shakira song soundtrack.
mehn. . i luv diz
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by charka: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2007
best ad,

bank phb
skye bank
mtn (baby ad)
cussons (my skin is itching)

worst ad
my friend udeme(very irritating cos it interrupts interesting programs)
tomato paste ad where the kid says am hungry-----doesnt make sense at all

detol----where the man was blabbing away(besides it interupts Gardners daughter)
all Hansbro ad-----with that irritating tongue of a cartoon eewww!!!
i can go on and on there are alot of wacked nigerian ad
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by charka: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2007
I don't really like that of bank phb;one day cars will drive themselves or run on water. That means they are not really strong to handle people's finances now.

it seems u didnt understand the message in the ad, it says at bank phb we are already thinking like that meaning they are already doing what others wud do in the future, you are the first person who doesnt like that ad, i put it to u there hasnt been any ad to beat phb ads on creativity

I like that of guinness, though too long.

why wud u like my friend udeme, what kind of ad is that. very long and boring with that old man, didnt they see someone smarter to use,
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2007
for my best ad, I'd go way back to the Thermocool ad. The one with guy displaying the different models. " check out the 33 hundred,12 cubit fridge ,2 door fridge freezer a fridge freezer never looks so good","we call them the thermocool collection you call them beautiful". Anyone remembers that?
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by MP007(m): 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2007
the best commercial for me is GEICO INSURANCE, (SO EASY A CAVE MAN CAN DO IT), ,,,ALSO BUD LIGHT , (IT TURNED BLUE), worst, the negotiator,
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Modups1(f): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2007
apocalypse, i remember dat thermocool advert real well cheesy
gosh, seems lake ages ago.
men! now i feel real old sad sad
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by denex: 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2007
Worst Advert ever is the CELTEL AD used during the Idols competition. The advert was purposedly made themeless so that they can use it as a template to insert different advert concepts all in a bid to cut cost.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by denex: 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2007
Worst Advert ever is the CELTEL AD used during the Idols competition. The advert was purposedly made themeless so that they can use it as a template to insert different advert concepts all in a bid to cut cost.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Fadajasi(m): 5:20am On Jun 06, 2007
his name is fadabasi@bennie. my best tv advert is guinness-my friend udeme is a great man. worst 4 me hmm i av none 4 now
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by otuwe(f): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2007
Fadajasi:

my best tv advert is guinness-my friend udeme is a great man. worst 4 me hmm i av none 4 now

this is how u know dry pple.

how can someone be busy watching one interesting program and all of a sudden u hear, my friend udeme bla bla bla. just doenst make sense. its too long and boring

i love d dangote spag ad where d mum was abt to boil yam at 7pm(wat kinda mother is dat) while the daughter makes spag for the house
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by Fadajasi(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2007
Oboy e be like say ur brain dey smell
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by otuwe(f): 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2007
Fadajasi:

Oboy e be like say your brain dey smell

how person brain go dey smell embarassed angry angry

anyway i still believe that anybody who likes "my friend udeme, " has to be a dry person cos the advert is dry simple and short
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by viee(f): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2007
i hate Star beer advert angry angry angry angry
it is the most stupid concept i have evre seen in my entire life angry
what were they thinking? shockedangry angry angry
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by uchetobi(f): 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2007
my friend Udeme" that guiness advert is the worst. I have no best. Iv not seen an advert that has moved or motivated me in Nigeria. MTN tries sha
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by viee(f): 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2007
i love amstel malta advert!
lovely chic wink
sweet guy kiss
good concept
good picture quality
good directing and editing

kool! wink wink smiley
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by mukina2: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2007
viee:

i love amstel malta advert!
lovely chic wink
sweet guy kiss
good concept
good picture quality
good directing and editing

kool! wink wink smiley

hmm good eyes grin
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by viee(f): 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2007
mukina2:

hmm good eyes grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by uchetobi(f): 3:09pm On Jun 06, 2007
@ Wes. Yeah I remember that advert (OMO) “my body just dey new new scent the whole smell of fish don die commot” that was pretty good
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by denex: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2007
Yeah. I think the best ad we've had in a long time in this country is the OMO advert: the oil go come out, e go stain my body. The blood go come out, e go stain my body. The smoke go come out, e go stain my body.

All these less-brained advert agencies will not press for OMO to carry that advert to other countries. Yet this multilateral companies will bring advert that have been successful in other African countries to Nigeria.
So tay that time when GLO hadn't brought out excellent quality nigerian adverts, MTN claimed that good picture quality adverts could not be shot in Nigeria because of the sun. Whether na American sun dem dey use now, dem in tell me.

Anyway, my very worst still remains the CELTEL "me2u" it was just a template with no theme and no direction. You can use that video as a montage to advertise a clipper!
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by A3(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2007
Bank PHB is o.k (the basketball), Access Bank, hmmmm, not bad, FCMB ( Abasi ayaya), very o.k and Heineken (the two love birds) is veeeeeeeeerrrry OK.

Guiness (my friend udeme), what is it about? I love to hate it, then play that useless peak milk ad and i will tune the channel, that advert sucks.

if i drink peak milk i go sabi jump abi i no go allow teacher talk fo class again ba?? RUBISHHHHH!!!!!
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by otuwe(f): 8:20am On Jun 08, 2007
A3:

Guiness (my friend udeme), what is it about? I love to hate it, then play that useless peak milk ad and i will tune the channel, that advert sucks.

if i drink peak milk i go sabi jump abi i no go allow teacher talk fo class again ba?? RUBISHHHHH!!!!!

pls ask fadajasi to explain the guiness advert cos he seems to be the only one who likes the advert, the advert is the worst advert i know maybe the one wey go bad pass am na the detol ad where that boring man abi na doctor was giving a very stupid lecture on germs with him wowo face
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by viee(f): 8:31am On Jun 08, 2007
A3:

my feeling exactly!
i always wondered what the concept was about undecided
drink and crash the plane?
absolute nonsense
the very first voice is even annoying!

A3:

i tell you ooooooooo, sounds like a line from Nigerian home video angry angry angry angry
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by uchetobi(f): 9:48am On Jun 11, 2007
How could I forget “ B without BB is like a train without an engine”. I luv the Blueband advert
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by tng(f): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2007
Amstel Malta (your mother)
Nice one. I love all PHB adverts and the guinness one to me is good but i prefer the one with the drink pouring into a glass and a man says rich,dark deeply satisfying.
I don't like most Glo adverts,Mimee noodlesand most dangote adverts.
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by otuwe(f): 9:33am On Jun 12, 2007
i forgot to mention this new one.
its elephant detergent with the little girl's birthday party.

i particularly like the way that very cute boy opened his mouth as his babe was coming down the stairs.

that small boy go sabi scope when he grows up
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by denex: 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2007
There's something wrong with "my friend Udeme", but have you guys seen that ugly model in the Fayrouz ad?
Re: Your Favourite And Most Hated TV Adverts? by ericfrank: 9:34am On Jul 02, 2007
So, what is wrong with the GUINNESS 'My friend Udeme ad?' How is it boring?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Startimes Risks Winding-Up Court Order Over $11m Football Rights Debt / Waaaaaay Over Hyped Movies / Bbnaija: Fans ‘impatient’ As New Season Delays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.