Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. (13389 Views)

A Customer Gave Me Heavenly Currency Last Sunday. / If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Uyi168: 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
These aint facts,just opinion..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by zionmade1: 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Toks2008:

Honestly I am compelled to communicate with you about this.
He is already me Lord and savior. If u also spend this much effort talking to seun, he might repent ooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
zionmade1:

He is already me Lord and savior.
If u also spend this much effort talking to seun, he might repent ooo

Congratulations.

As for Seun,he only became an Atheist circumstantially so he can never die an athieste....NEVER.

God has called me to reach out to the house of Ishmael and to give the entire world a message of salvation that is all encompassing void of religion segregation and apathy.

I am sold out to bringing as many Muslims as possible into understanding the concept of..

ONE GOD CALLED ALLAH OR JEHOVAH
AND ONE SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.

GOD BLESS YOU.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

*emi tun fo o Na so pesin dey change mouth buh bro sincerely i think say you wan argue b4 ni but as i dey look am e be like say... anyway how ur side

Bro how are you? I don't mean to bother you but do you believe Jesus died as a sacrifice for your sins and you can only enter paradise on this precept?

Please no fighting o,let's discuss as intelligent adults.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Cherry picking..

11. Christianity guarantees salvation through Christ who God had put in control of all things, Islam denies you that. be repented
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
Smashing post toks. Shocking and even heresy to some 'religious' spirits. But this posts veracity is scriptural.

My sentiments exactly when it comes to all these religious squabbles that have plagued mankind for ages.

I can worship God in any place: mosque, synagogue, shrine etc...

I can celebrate any holiday I want: christmass, easter, hanukar, yon kippur, kwanza, eid fatir, new moon etc...

I can read any religious book I want: bible, book of mormon, the JW tower or something rather, koran, the sans scripts etc...

......at end of day: I am grounded on whom I serve in my heart. And it won't change a thing of my belief in the great I AM.

The G-d who is a spirit and can only recognize spirit G-d to spirit Man. Not religion, not building, no creed, no scripts.

Anyways....

Two thumps up. 5 stars out 5. tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hier:

Cherry picking..

11. Christianity guarantees salvation through Christ who God had put in control of all things, Islam denies you that. be repented

If we choose to approach things this way,no Muslim will buy that idea.

Christianity came before Islam hence the bible before Quran but it's so amazing that many Muslims are not asking vital questions. ..WHY? Because they have been indoctrinated from birth to believe that the story that was first presented by the bible is false and it is the Quran version that is right and to them nothing can change that.

So why should we continue to fight a battle no one can win?

The simple truth is that religion is overrated and GOD is not even interested in anything called religion.

To GOD it is your soul that matters and your soul can ONLY be saved if you meticulously accept Jesus as your saviour meaning accepting that he died on the Ross as an atonement for the sins of the world.

Muslims have pondered and Athieste have reasoned it out...why must Jesus die before the sins of the world is washed away?....I don't know too but all I know is that the Bible made it clear that in the past GOD commands that sinners slaughter lambs to pray for forgiveness of sins and people do this from time to time but GOD wanted a one time sacrifice but the blood of animals cam not take away the sins of the world so GOD sent Jesus called prophet Issa in Islam to carry out one vital and mysterous task of laying his life down to save the whole world and he came and he was sacrificed on the cross...HALLELUJAH!

Hebrews 10:4-7 clearly states;

"It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,but a body you prepared for me;
with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll,I have come to do your will, my God.’”

Now the question is;why is GOD so keen about spilling blood for atonement of sins? that I will know when I get to heaven but for now,it will cost me nothing to accept Jesus as my lord and saviour and it will cost Muslims absolutely nothing to do same...at least let us believe and we will know after death if it is Worth it or not.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
OK I guess the just might be someone reading this and wondering..."how exactly can I accept Jesus as my saviour?"....

Well the truth is that it is amazingly and incredibly easy and it still baffles me till date why it isthis simple.

Romans 10;9
"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved".

So wherever you are on the surface of the earth,just read these words out and believe every letter as you read.

"Lord Jesus,I believe you died on the cross to take away my sins and I accept you from this moment onward as my saviour. Thank you Jesus for saving me"

That is it...so unbelievably simple...if you read those words out,I say CONGRATULATIONS. ...You are saved and your name is now written in the book of life as the angels get to work to construct your everlasting mansion.

The next step is to pray for the Holy spirit to come on you and perfect your salvation...

GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Toks2008:

the offering you did not desire,but a body you prepared for me;
with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll,I have come to your will, my God.’”[/b]

Now the question is;why is GOD so keen about spilling blood for atonement of sins? that I will know when I get to heaven but for now,it will cost me nothing to accept Jesus as my lord and saviour and it will cost Muslims absolutely nothing to do same...at least let us believe and we will know after death if it is Worth it or not.

Well, I will start viewing video about how to get muslims converted
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hier:

Well, I will start viewing video about how to get muslims converted

Lol! that is exactly the issue....no one needs to convert from one religion to another...

Do Muslims not pray to GOD? IN FACT they pray more than most christians.

Do Muslims not keep God's commandment? sure many good Muslims do so what exactly is the need to convert them?

The only thing you need to do is to explain to them the importance of accepting Jesus as their saviour and they can this even as a practising Muslim.

Many Muslims would have accepted Jesus as their saviour if only they know that they don't have to convert to Christianity and that is exactly my mission...to open their eyes to that fact that even while they maintain their religion,they can still accept Jesus as their saviour.

Hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Didov1(f): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmmnnn
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 3:48am On Sep 06, 2017
Toks2008:

Lol! that is exactly the issue....no one needs to convert from one religion to another...

Do Muslims not pray to GOD? IN FACT they pray more than most christians.

Do Muslims not keep God's commandment? sure many good Muslims do so what exactly is the need to convert them?

The only thing you need to do is to explain to them the importance of accepting Jesus as their saviour and they can this even as a practising Muslim.

Many Muslims would have accepted Jesus as their saviour if only they know that they don't have to convert to Christianity and that is exactly my mission...to open their eyes to that fact that even while they maintain their religion,they can still accept Jesus as their saviour.

Hope you understand.

Well, salvation if you say so.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 3:49am On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:
Hmmmnnn
hi, wad up
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Didov1(f): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:

hi, wad up
.hmmnn..good morning,...any contribution abt dix new movement d op jst created on dis thread..
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:
.hmmnn..good morning,...any contribution abt dix new movement d op jst created on dis thread..

Good morning, your pastor is doing a good job, tell me about your christian background.

I think he is a part, not sent to the christian, I don't think his kind lives in king houses. loool,I pray God takes him to his place of assignment, he's a missionarist sent to fetch specific harvest for the kingdom. Don't criticize him, just understand him. 1 Corinthians12:14-19. Heb2:10
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Didov1(f): 8:55am On Sep 06, 2017
that a opinion bro...sum pple believe dat christianity is nt a religion bt a way of life..to be a christian u av 2 b christlike in nature which is believing n doing what christ taught n do........preaching abt dis 2 d muslims is nt a bad idea..bt u av alot of explanations 2 do 4 them 2 believe dix whole idea....how can u make them do dox things u jst write when they dnt believe in d holy TRINITY,?..how cn u make them believe wen their prophet issa u mentioned never died on d cross bt died a quiet n natural death,n u want 2 make dem believe dat someone died 4 their sin which is holy book,?..bro m nt trying 2 discourage u,bt i think u av 2 do more preaching n explanation 2 make dem see dat jesus is nt a mere human,after dat u cn add ur new ideas....m nt tryin 2 discourage u,m jst tryin 2 show u some point i think is necessary#shalom
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 9:18am On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:

Good morning, your pastor is doing a good job, tell me about your christian background, or add me on Facebook

Avwemoyan Gerald

I think he is a part, not sent to the christian, I don't think his kind lives in king houses. loool,I pray God takes him to his place of assignment, he's a missionarist sent to fetch specific harvest for the kingdom. Don't criticize him, just understand him. 1 Corinthians12:14-19. Heb2:10

About 5 years ago,GOD gave me a mission to reach out to the house of Ishmael (The muslims).

GOD said he loves them so much and that those who worship him do so in truth,they keep his commandments and do not deserve the massive denial almost all of them go through talking about entering paradise just because they do not accept the sacrifice of my Son Jesus and they thought they can enter paradise just by being a good Muslim.

God further opened my eyes to the negative role religion has played in leafing many souls to hell and that many muslims are willing to accept Jesus as their saviour but what makes it difficult is their believe that they must first renounce Islam before they can accept Jesus as lord and saviour.

So GOD opened my eyes and he promised to empower me to fulfill this task and trust me,GOD has been marvellous....I have many muslims in Iran,Iraq and other parts of the world who have gladly accepted the lordship of Jesus without changing their religion because God has nothing to do with that.

GOD also opened my eyes to the fact that the Quran supports the divinity of Jesus to the letter and even urged muslims to believe in Jesus but there is a dark cloud heating up the minds of many muslims and have blinded them to seing the fact that even Islam agrees with the divinity of Jesus.

The most controversial part is their believe that Jesus was never crucified but once again,some muslims misconstrued that citation in the Quran.

So my mission is to open the eyes of many muslims to understand that...

1.Indeed Jesus was a servant and a prophet sent by GOD to perform a task of laying down his life for the atonement of the sins of the whole world.

2.That though Jesus was never the biological son of GOD but GOD chose to make him his divine son and as a result,he was conceived not by man's fluid but by the holy spirit (Quran agrees with this).

3.That they can never enter Aljonah(Paradise) except they accept Jesus as their saviour.

4.That they don't have to convert to Christianity before they can accept Jesus as their saviour because GOD is only interested in Believers in christ and not those who practise Islam or Christianity.

5.And that they can continue to be a practising Muslim even after accepting Jesus as their lord and saviour because all the worship and religious acts of Muslims is directed to Allah which is just an Arabic translation of the same GOD the Hebrew nation calls Jehovah,the Yorba nation calls Eledumare...

One GOD
One saviour
Two religions

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by adepeter2027(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Toks2008 is stylishly fighting for christ oo

Kwantnue cheesy
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:
that a opinion bro...sum pple believe dat christianity is nt a religion bt a way of life..to be a christian u av 2 b christlike in nature which is believing n doing what christ taught n do........preaching abt dis 2 d muslims is nt a bad idea..bt u av alot of explanations 2 do 4 them 2 believe dix whole idea....how can u make them do dox things u jst write when they dnt believe in d holy TRINITY,?..how cn u make them believe wen their prophet issa u mentioned never died on d cross bt died a quiet n natural death,n u want 2 make dem believe dat someone died 4 their sin which is holy book,?..bro m nt trying 2 discourage u,bt i think u av 2 do more preaching n explanation 2 make dem see dat jesus is nt a mere human,after dat u cn add ur new ideas....m nt tryin 2 discourage u,m jst tryin 2 show u some point i think is necessary#shalom

I quite understand you sis but remember what the Bible says...
John 6:44:"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

It is the holy spirit that draws people to christ and it's never the eloquence or intelligence of the preacher so my task is to present this new school of thought to them and leave the rest to the Holy spirit.

Furthermore,salvation is not theology and it has nothing to do with trinity,there are many people in paradise as I write who do not know one name out of Jesus disciples,they have never even heard of that word trinity but they are there because they accepted Jesus as lord and saviour....this is the DE facto and every other thing is secondary.

The Quran according to muslim scholars might have been misconstrued by some Muslims talking about that verse about Jesus not being crucified.

That verse of the Quran was reaffirming the fact that Jesus was only going through a transition while his enemies where ignorantly boasting that they have killed him.

How can the Quran agree with every other story about Jesus and differ on this? is it not a common knowledge that the Bible existed first or were these stories not written by those who witnessed these historic events? so won't it be strange for anyone to counter a story as real as the day and night

Even the ancient dispute was never about Jesus not being crucified but it was about his body stolen from the tomb he was buried so some Muslims simply misquoted that verse in the Quran about Jesus not been crucified.

Let's read that part again and we will all see that the Quran was only referring to the thoughts of the people who crucified Jesus but the Quran did not directly discredit the historic account of christ crucifixion.

Now let's see that Quran verse again and pay attention to the phrase used in the very beginning. ...

"That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him , but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157,Yusif Ali)

Can you see that this was a mockery of those who thought they killed him and not that the Quran specifically state that he was never crucified but many Muslims have lost the Kingdom of GOD because they misconstrued this verse and have died without accepting Jesus aa their saviour WHICH IS THE ONLY WAY ANYBODY can enter paradise.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 9:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Looking further into that sane Quran verse about Jesus crucifixion, here are 7 very parallel translations and I guess it is some of these translations that added the fact that someone else took the face of Jesus that led to the while confusion but the original Quran verse never included that

7 Parallel translations in English for the 157th verse of chapter 4 ( sūrat l-nisāa ).

Sahih International : And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Pickthall : And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

Yusuf Ali : That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Shakir : And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

Muhammad Sarwar : and their statement that they murdered Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God, when, in fact, they could not have murdered him or crucified him. They, in fact, murdered someone else by mistake. Even those who disputed (the question of whether or not Jesus was murdered) did not have a shred of evidence. All that they knew about it was mere conjecture. They certainly could not have murdered Jesus.

Mohsin Khan : And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ]:

Arberry: and for their saying, 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God' -- yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him surely are in doubt regarding him; they have no knowledge of him, except the following of surmise; and they slew him not of a certainty -- no indeed;

So we can see where the misconception came from.

However, a renowed Professor and Islamic scholar Mahmoud M. Ayoub sums up what the Quran states despite interpretative arguments:He said

"The Quran, as we have already argued, does not deny the death of Christ. Rather, it challenges human beings who in their folly have deluded themselves into believing that they would vanquish the divine Word, Jesus Christ the Messenger of God. The death of Jesus is asserted several times and in various contexts."

And I perfectly agree with him so with this,no Muslim has any reason not to accept Jesus as his or her saviour who was crucified to take away his or her sins

A denial of this by any Muslim is an automatic eternal denial of having access to Paradise when he or she leaves the world. Simple and straightforward...GOD is not an author of confusion
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2017
adepeter2027:

Kwantnue cheesy

Oh how I pray this moment that GOD opens the eyes of as many Muslims as possible to see this great revelation that Jesus is the only way to paradise...even the Quran supports this....Please let's read this merger.

The Quran 7:10-17 states.
"Allah created Adam out of mud, fashioned him and told the angels to fall and prostrate before the man. Iblis (Lucifer) did not obey. God degraded him. Still he asked God to reprieve till the day when the human beings are raised from the dead. It was granted. Then Iblis said to God that he will lurk in ambush of man on God's Right Path. Again he said that he will go upon them from before them and from behind them and from their right hands and from their left hands for God would not find most of them beholden"

Mankind does not see the Right Narrow Path, because it is hidden by Iblis. Also he tries to lead them into wrong, broad and worldly ways. But the children of Abraham and Ishmael knows the broad path is not the right one to Heaven. So we pray to God to show us the Right Path.

But Jesus said: "Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able" (Lk 13:24).

Now read what the Quran says in 19:21 about Jesus as "a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Allah, and it is a thing ordained."HALLELUJAH

Jesus destroyed the head of Iblis, and opened the narrow door of Heavens.

And the Same Jesus declared : "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but by me" (Jn 14:6).

This matter is settled.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
adepeter2027:

Kwantnue cheesy

I think I miss Adepeter26, where is he
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Didov1:

Hmmmmm, lemme say, you wrote exactly what i intended to reply as my initial response, but somehow, my phone mistakenly closed the page for the comment and i had to retype the one i typed above, but this time, the inspiration changed. i believ he knows what hes doing, as a matter of fact, missionaries like T L Osborne has preached christ at a point of his missionary work to muslims using appealing words, and no convert was earned. But we all know, the gospel is the power of God. No Power, No gospel
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
I really don't know if lalasticlala will see this front page worthy.

It is a neutral thread and every discussion is based on vivid citations both from the Quran and Bible.No warring.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
Toks2008:
I really don't know if lalasticlala will see this front page worthy.

It is a neutral thread and every discussion is based on vivid citations both from the Quran and Bible.No warring.

front page??, do you think so
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
sir, I think you need to read about about John the baptist, I said something the other time, that your post is not for christians. i don't think you should be seeking front page, rather, spending more hours in prayer and i will be disappointed if this thread get to FP
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:

front page??, do you think so

No contradiction of any rule out of the 22rules of nairaland and according to the disclaimer at the bottom of every page....
Disclaimer : Every Nairaland member is
solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.

And because of course it will generate huge traffic so YES it is very Frontpage worthy.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
Toks2008:

No contradiction of any rule out of the 22rules of nairaland and according to the disclaimer at the bottom of every page....
Disclaimer : Every Nairaland member is
solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.

And because of course it will generate huge traffic so YES it is very Frontpage worthy.

Is Nairaland a training ground or a manifestation ground
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Hier(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Am sorry to say this, your assignment is to a particular audience. Your assignment is more specific than general, you should know that, FP is not your thing, pls

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:
sir, I think you need to read about about John the baptist, I said something the other time, that your post is not for christians. i don't think you should be seeking front page, rather, spending more hours in prayer and i will be disappointed if this thread get to FP

Why will you be disappointed? Lol! please explain.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by Toks2008(m): 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hier:
Am sorry to say this, your assignment is to a particular audience. Your assignment is more specific than general, you should know that, FP is not your thing, pls

I thought front page will make more people see this and contribute.

How many people come to religion section? After Romance section I don't see any other section that is good for wider audience.

This is an intellectual piece and a thought provoking one. Is it not more Catchy than the threads about E-money pics,bikini pics or snake threads?

My idea is to get this to a wider viewership and Frontpage is the best medium.

Nevertheless I believe that is left for lalasticlala to decide.
Re: 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. by godfromGod: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
Toks2008:
Looking further into that sane Quran verse about Jesus crucifixion, here are 7 very parallel translations and I guess it is some of these translations that added the fact that someone else took the face of Jesus that led to the while confusion but the original Quran verse never included that

7 Parallel translations in English for the 157th verse of chapter 4 ( sūrat l-nisāa ).

Sahih International : And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Pickthall : And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

Yusuf Ali : That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

Shakir : And their saying: Surely we have killed the Messiah, Isa son of Marium, the messenger of Allah; and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them so (like Isa) and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they killed him not for sure.

Muhammad Sarwar : and their statement that they murdered Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of God, when, in fact, they could not have murdered him or crucified him. They, in fact, murdered someone else by mistake. Even those who disputed (the question of whether or not Jesus was murdered) did not have a shred of evidence. All that they knew about it was mere conjecture. They certainly could not have murdered Jesus.

Mohsin Khan : And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ]:

Arberry: and for their saying, 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the Messenger of God' -- yet they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them. Those who are at variance concerning him surely are in doubt regarding him; they have no knowledge of him, except the following of surmise; and they slew him not of a certainty -- no indeed;

So we can see where the misconception came from.

However, a renowed Professor and Islamic scholar Mahmoud M. Ayoub sums up what the Quran states despite interpretative arguments:He said

"The Quran, as we have already argued, does not deny the death of Christ. Rather, it challenges human beings who in their folly have deluded themselves into believing that they would vanquish the divine Word, Jesus Christ the Messenger of God. The death of Jesus is asserted several times and in various contexts."

And I perfectly agree with him so with this,no Muslim has any reason not to accept Jesus as his or her saviour who was crucified to take away his or her sins

A denial of this by any Muslim is an automatic eternal denial of having access to Paradise when he or she leaves the world. Simple and straightforward...GOD is not an author of confusion

Good research... That is the case bro... According to the Koran, Someone is crucified instead of Jesus, and he is coming back... Look into it carefully, the Bible itself said "It is appointed unto man to die once, and after death is judgement" .... For me the Koran come clear in this aspect as it also said human can only die once... Now for Christian to believe that Jesus died on the cross and he is coming again (as a human) is not really valid except if he is coming back in spirit.

And also... The mission of Jesus according to bible taking a look at it outside of religion view is somehow dumb... When God wants to eradicate the killing of animals for forgiveness of sin, how can God requested so much that he gave his sons life when he can just forgive us without shedding the blood of innocent Jesus for HE is merciful...

and meanwhile to validate the Koran proof that someone else was crucified instead of Jesus

When the time when Jesus would be captured was near, it was said in the bible that He prayed to God that if possible he should save him from the death as he is afraid and after the prayer there was light from above which is a sign of a prayer been answered

now fast forward to when he is on the cross, Jesus made a statement, "My lord, my Lord why hast thou forsaken me" meanwhile think of it, if truly it was Jesus who knows his father would never leave him for a sec said that... and also it is said that who ever keep pushing to the end shall be saved... This statement made by Jesus show that he can't bear the pain for making such utterance.

in other view.. to the prayer he made, that means God has really forsook him by letting him die on the cross and made a statement like someone who doesn't know what his father is up to.

This is why I will always take Koran more reasonable than Bible

Iamirreligious

cheesy cheesy cheesy

buabuabuabuabua (laughing like an atheist)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?" / Jesus Appeared To Chris Okotie At 3-years-old / Kids Raised Going To Church Are Happier Adults, Study Finds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.