Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls (39677 Views)

Governor Bala Mohammed Returns To Bauchi In Style After Supreme Court Victory / Mariem Bala Mohammed Arrives Bauchi In Style / Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2017
HATE SPEECH SERIES: SEUN DID NOT JUST DIE. SOMEONE'S HATE SPEECH KILLED HIM!

"Pray for me Uncle. They are coming for us at the police station and the policemen are running away. They are about setting the station on fire. Please pray for me."

These were the last words of Adewunmi Seun Paul, a graduate of political science and native of Imojo-Ekiti, Ekiti State. He was one the youth corps members killed in Bauchi on April 19, 2011. He was actually calling the then Venerable (Now Bishop) Samuel Ojo who was then Provost of African Church Cathedral, College Road, Ifako, Ogba, Lagos. That is where I worship.

Seun did not just die. He was killed. Gruesomely killed. Ironically, no one was put on trial for his death and those of others. They were: Teidi Tosin (Kogi), Adowei Elliot (Bayelsa), Okpokiri Obinna (Abia), Gbenjo Ayotunde (Osun), Ukeoma Chibuzor (Imo), Nwazema Chukwuonyerem (Imo), Adeniji Jehleel (Osun) and Akonyi Sule (Kogi).

Some of those who killed these lights of their families probably walk free on the streets of Bauchi today shouting "Sai Baba"; the same thing eye witnesses said they were shouting as they macheted Seun and his colleagues to a most painful death!

If today hate speech (or anything close to it) has become an offence, Seun and his colleagues were killed because someone lost an election he was never destined to win in the first place and resorted to hate speech!

Candidate Mohammadu Buhari of the now defunct CPC had worked his supporters to believe that he could only lose the election if it was rigged, they went on rampage and targeted NYSC members. It was in same Bauchi that he told his frenzied supporters:

"Let us get the Kafri out of Ask Rock."

Till tomorrow, Buhari never condemned the violence. In fact, he more or less goaded them on. Baboons were really soaked in blood as he said in his "love" (not hate) speech. Yet, hear same Buhari in 2017:

"Opposition does not mean hostility, enmity or antagonism. Democracy needs opposition, one which is vibrant but responsible."

As we continue this debate on hate speech, we need to know where we are coming from. Let those people, especially Yorubas, who could die for Buhari go and visit Seun's still agonising mother and pray:

"MAY YOUR FATE BEFALL US MA"

Then I will know they really love their man!

Note: Photos show a distraught Seun's mother (left) after the news of son's death was broken to her. Second picture is Seun in his NYSC kit.

— © Samuel Ajayi.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154977674333100&id=715588099

125 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Joshuasaintiago: 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2017
NOW THEY ARE AFTER MEDIA SO U CAN'T REPORT SUCH, IF U DO, U BE LABELED HATE SPEECH, hypocrisy

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by aolawale025: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
Someday a government would take corrective measures

20 Likes

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by zionmade1: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
I remember burying my head in my pillow and crying profusely wen i first heard that news. coming now to read this is resurrecting that feeling.
Even though buhari is very much guilty of hate speech, but its still not good because many more can loose their lives. No matter wat we see today, Peace is priceless

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by vault(m): 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
sad

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Sprumbabafather: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nobody will see them Yoruba born zoneB s here. They are wanking on IPOB news wey no concern them.

Rest in peace fine boy.

218 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Omeokachie: 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gullible were hoodwinked into voting a hypocrite into office.

This is what happens when the youth believe in "baba so wipe", "chairman said".

President "Do what I say, not what I do".

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by DanseMacabre(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
For a moment I almost thought you were referring to Oluwaseun Oseni.

8 Likes

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
For their souls shall rest peacefully in the hereafter! so mot it be.

26 Likes

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
Please, modify this post abeg..
I was even thinking of Seun the CEO grin

3 Likes

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Arysexy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
Originator of hate speech now wanna ban hate speech, and zombies are applauding

139 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
A pity...what a country!

6 Likes

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
It's annoying to see Buhari talk about stopping hate speeches. A hate speaker who never for once hid his hatred for anyone or his appreciation for injustice and the then Boko Haram attacks. That he is president is because the intelligence of the human race is overrated.

People like Buhari, in any civilised society, would have been cast out, if not for the treason and the abuse of human lives he committed between 1983-85, for his stupid and blood shedding utterances. I remember in 2015, as PO even the INEC head that came around warned us on how to survive such madness.

Today, that man is the president. No one becomes a Vice Chancellor of our today's Universities without being a Professor. No one heads the economic team except he or she has an understanding of Economics. But we brought a man who has zero knowledge of human relationship, an ethnic bigot, a religious fanatic and intellectually achondroplaesic and made him President. Genius!

305 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2017
This is very sad because I knew that Obinna from Abia,he was a school mate,rest on bro.

How a dictator was repackaged as a democrat and was sold to Nigerians is the greatest scam of the century.

You wont see the likes of sarrki,madridguy,ngeneukwenu and other BMC crew that are offered crumbs by APC on this thread.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN.

204 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
I remember reading the article back then in 2011, and how supporters were shouting "sai Buhari, Sai CPC, Allah Akbar." Those were the words chanted by his supporters who went about hacking innocent souls to death.

I also remember the atmosphere was tense in the buildup to the 2015 elections. We just have to thank GEJ for the relative peace we are enjoying in Nigeria. It would have been bloody if GEJ did not concede defeat.

People will look back and tag this current administration the worst in the history of Nigeria. It transcends beyond the failed economic policies or unfulfilled promises, but the failure to apply diplomacy in delicate matters and the failure to preserve life.

193 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by hegelian: 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
2011 was an eye opener for me,it was the beginning of my political enlightenment..I actually voted for Buhari in 2011 in Katsina (i narrowly escaped being killed despite voting for him)..I realized the futility of it all after the violence and killing that followed.the violence actually woke my spirit of discernment, my reading and investigation between the lines,it actually took me back to the beginning of it all.. I didn't vote in 2015 cos am over Nigeria but I still campaign vigorously against against him...I was the only voice against him in my office and everything I said would happen is happening, infact am being called a prophet this days.. because of 2011 and my experience in Kano in 2012, I vowed not to ever stepped my foot on nothern soil again,I remember how I was called different names for resigning from my lucrative bank work in august 2012 despite not having anything to fall back on(I have seen it all down there)

281 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by TheFreeOne: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
A divisive leader like buhari is surely one of those that created room for hate speeches to thrive.

His pronouncements / antecedents / actions are well documented and now wants to treat hate speeches as terrorism by using the military to gag same social media users which partly made it possible for him to become president? A man who once supported BH and whose utterances fuelled hatred?

And how many high profile sponsors has the military successfully monitored and prosecuted by the Nigerian government?

Bunch of unserious and incompetent clowns.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by stanluiz(m): 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
It's annoying to see Buhari talk about stopping hate speeches. A hate speaker who never for once hid his hatred for anyone or his appreciation for injustice and the then Boko Haram attacks. That he is president is because the intelligence of the human race is overrated.

People like Buhari, in any civilised society, would have been cast out, if not for the treason and the abuse of human lives he committed between 1983-85, for his stupid and blood shedding utterances. I remember in 2015, as PO even the INEC head that came around warned us on how to survive such madness.

Today, that man is the president. No one becomes a Vice Chancellor of our today's Universities without being a Professor. No one heads the economic team except he or she has an understanding of Economics. But we brought a man who has zero knowledge of human relationship, an ethnic bigot, a religious fanatic and intellectually achondroplaesic and made him President. Genius!
Guy I blamed gej for buhari president. Jonathan was very weak and coward he supposed to arrest buhari after that his statement that lead to pro election violence that wasted innocent lives and property. He supposed to arrest him and charge him for treason and jail him or send him into exile.

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by stanluiz(m): 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2017
RIP adenwumi seun I feel like crying. embarassedRIP adenwumi seun I feel like crying.

8 Likes

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by stanluiz(m): 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Where are those Yoruba's that are shouting said baba they should leave ipob thread and come to this thread.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by stanluiz(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
Mods don't be biased this topic supposed to be on front page so that everybody will see the truth and the father of hate speeches.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
stanluiz:
Guy I blamed gej for buhari president. Jonathan was very weak and coward he supposed to arrest buhari after that his statement that lead to pro election violence that wasted innocent lives and property. He supposed to arrest him and charge him for treason and jail him or send him into exile.
That would have got us the product of arresting Nnamdi Kanu. It would have been legal and moral but poorly thought. It would be catastrophic. I know how the pulse of Buhari's supporters beat. I blame men who knew better but sold an ostrich sh'it.

I was disappointed at men like Wole Soyinka who knew better. A man, who in the past, wrote about the outcome of a disdain for Buhari's history. He knew better. Their were other smarter men like Martin Onovo of the National Conscience Party we should had voted for.

Support for this unpopular men/man by a popular person could have rewritten and changed perception and results. The idea that it's either GEJ or PMB is dangerous. Even more disastrous when an erudite buys into such lies. I blame men who knew better, men who informed but chose to be mischievous.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by stanluiz(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
That would have got us the product of arresting Nnamdi Kanu. It would have been legal and moral but poorly thought. It would be catastrophic. I know how the pulse of Buhari's supporters beat. I blame men who knew better but sold an ostrich sh'it.

I was disappointed at men like Wole Soyinka who knew better. A man who wrote about the outcome of a disdain for Buhari's history in the past. He knew better. Their were other smarter men like Martin Onovo of the National Conscience Party.

Support for this unpopular men by a popular person could have rewritten and changed perception and results.
The idea that it's either GEJ or PMB is dangerous. Even more disastrous when an erudite buys into such lies. I blame men who knew better, men who informed but chose to be mischievous.

Buhari committed the worst treason since the history of this country. Sometimes I wonder how that man manage to contest president and some foolish Nigerians voted for him.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by rumours: 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Yet some NYSC members, despite knowing what happened in 2011, still voted for Buhari.
It is unfortunate.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by beautyoftheLord: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2017
Truly sad! What a country! Nigerians never learn. Unfortunately they will still chant sai baba come 2019. As if they are all bewitched.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by unohbethel(m): 12:18am On Sep 06, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Thunder strike you if you no vex.Why would I defend Buhari's hate speech?That southern corp members died because someone lost an election? I'm angry that someone cannot make his/her point without insulting or denigrating a tribe.What will your anger possibly do?If you meet me in person,you wouldn't say that to my face about you getting angry.
if u av sense u wudnt be saying this...

i guess ur new to this forum to see where the yorubas are gloatin about singlehandedly votin in buhari and apc..
we all know that the igbos didnt vote for buhari..

so wen this type of shit about buhari comes up, we call the yorubas to see wat they voted for and to see the consequences ...thanks

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech: How A Corper Was Killed In Bauchi In 2011 - Facebook User Recalls by hollah123: 12:29am On Sep 06, 2017
unohbethel:

if u av sense u wudnt be saying this...

i guess ur new to this forum to see where the yorubas are gloatin about singlehandedly votin in buhari and apc..
we all know that the igbos didnt vote for buhari..

so wen this type of shit about buhari comes up, we call the yorubas to see wat they voted for and to see the consequences ...thanks
igbos are losers n the reason why they keep losing till today is because they choke on mediocrity n refuse to move on with life. an igbo man can hardly engage in reasonable discussion without calling afonja or without insulting other tribes, free your mind from hate n u will have everything you desire

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FFK Disobeys Court Order Granting Precious Chikwendu Access To Her Kids (Photos) / Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.