Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) (28826 Views)

Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by digoster(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
Banter1:
really? Are you sure is not 13:30? Na reply you wan watch? Abi na Man utd you wan watch? You must be a RedDevil
na u ask na bros
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by deturla: 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
Martinmania:
1. it doesn't take 8mims to get to the island... kilodeh?
2. you didn't say they have a chief who sells beach sand and I don't know what he does with the money (my uncle tho)
3. the whole of badagry need good drinkable water... the people on the mainland actually get water from on filling station close to badagry grammar school... or a well at the police barracks which they consider clean
I'm a native of badagry... Ganho to be precise
good job anyways!!

Thanks a lot bro.

I was on the water for close to 8 minutes Sir, maybe the boat was slow, but who cares anyway. I was more concerned about the life vest that I did not have on.

I was told about a certain chief though, but did not get detailed information about him.

Well? The Ilaje community on gberefu island does not have an health centre. Is that affecting the whole of Badagry as well? They also do not have drinkable water, everyone drinks from a poor well in the centre of the village.

There were promises by politicians when they came to campaign. Were the promises met?

This goes way beyond a chief that sells sand bro, it balls down to intervention of well meaning Nigerians and the elected.

Thanks for your feedback once again. I hope to travel back to the island with people who can support these guys, seriously.

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by deturla: 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
musicwriter:
@deturla

Thanks for the video.

But, note there were no slave trade in Africa!. The so called slave trade was going on in the Americas and USA and all the other settlements where Europeans had plantations. Slave trade happened when Europeans bought and sold slaves among themselves, that's why they called it slave trade. It did not happen in Africa. Yes, you said based on history we were told slave trade happened here; but on who's account of history?

History was written and some erased while we were still in slavery. By the time we came out of slavery we've been schooled to take the blame for their crimes.

Slaves were acquired by acts of war, coercion, fraud, intimidation. Between 1700-1800, the whole of Africa was at war fighting off white people or fighting among ourselves to defend them. Today, those running from the wars would've been called refugees. But, in those days, a refugee was automatically a slave!.

If we bought and sold slaves in Africa; don't you think we would have also become wealthy? What part of Africa was developing during slavery?

In Britain, France, USA, you could still trace families that traded in slaves, their record of ships and family names are still there. What family in Africa is known to have been a slave trading family? NONE.

Slave trade began in Europe in medieval times, and its what they brought along to us to Africa when they came here. I don't know how I could get the African people understand this. And there's nobody to help me. Everybody has already bought white man's version of history, hook, line and sinker.

Slave trade in America.

Africans for sale is America - That's why it is called slave trade.

Africans (from Ghana) for sale is America - That's why it is called slave trade.

White man places order to buy fresh arrivals from Africa - That's why it is called slave trade.

White man advertises Africans ( from Sierra Leone) for sale in America- That's why it is called slave trade.

Their age range suggests African young population was wipe out leaving old people. There was no way development could occur under such circumstance.

And they paid cash. Those who said slave trade was going in Africa should let me know what currency and at what amount they were being sold here. By the way, by 1840, at the height of the slavery, they were fooling themselves that slavery had been abolished. Of course, it was only abolished on paper. Britain continued shipping Africans well in into 1900, until all the war they caused died out and the refugee crises lessened.

See the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

This is apt! Very very.
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by NoContract(m): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by ricki: 1:40am On Sep 10, 2017
musicwriter:
@deturla

Thanks for the video.

But, note there were no slave trade in Africa!. The so called slave trade was going on in the Americas and USA and all the other settlements where Europeans had plantations. Slave trade happened when Europeans bought and sold slaves among themselves, that's why they called it slave trade. It did not happen in Africa. Yes, you said based on history we were told slave trade happened here; but on who's account of history?

History was written and some erased while we were still in slavery. By the time we came out of slavery we've been schooled to take the blame for their crimes.

Slaves were acquired by acts of war, coercion, fraud, intimidation. Between 1700-1800, the whole of Africa was at war fighting off white people or fighting among ourselves to defend them. Today, those running from the wars would've been called refugees. But, in those days, a refugee was automatically a slave!.

If we bought and sold slaves in Africa; don't you think we would have also become wealthy? What part of Africa was developing during slavery?

In Britain, France, USA, you could still trace families that traded in slaves, their record of ships and family names are still there. What family in Africa is known to have been a slave trading family? NONE.

Slave trade began in Europe in medieval times, and its what they brought along to us to Africa when they came here. I don't know how I could get the African people understand this. And there's nobody to help me. Everybody has already bought white man's version of history, hook, line and sinker.

Slave trade in America.

Africans (from Ghana) for sale is America - That's why it is called slave trade.

White man places order to buy fresh arrivals from Africa - That's why it is called slave trade.

White man advertises Africans ( from Sierra Leone) for sale in America- That's why it is called slave trade.

Their age range suggests African young population was wipe out leaving old people. There was no way development could occur under such circumstance.

And they paid cash. Those who said slave trade was going in Africa should let me know what currency and at what amount they were being sold here. By the way, by 1840, at the height of the slavery, they were fooling themselves that slavery had been abolished. Of course, it was only abolished on paper. Britain continued shipping Africans well in into 1900, until all the war they caused died out and the refugee crises lessened.

See the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

read some of ur stuff and saw some things i disagree with undecided.........i am also doing research on this topic. However, if you dont mind, can we discuss this topics for enlightenment and fun?
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by deturla: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2017
NoContract:

Nice documentary.

Thanks.
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by Martinmania(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
[quote author=deturla post=60292179]

Thanks a lot bro.

I was on the water for close to 8 minutes Sir, maybe the boat was slow, but who cares anyway. I was more concerned about the life vest that I did not have on. (they usually have that, maybe they washed it or something but they always do request everyone on the boat to have one on no matter how rickety the boat is)

I was told about a certain chief though, but did not get detailed information about him.

Well? The Ilaje community on gberefu island does not have an health centre. Is that affecting the whole of Badagry as well? They also do not have drinkable water, everyone drinks from a poor well in the centre of the village. (badagry has a general Hospital, a very standard one atleast better than what I saw at isolo and a primary health care center)

There were promises by politicians when they came to campaign. Were the promises met? (did buhari meet his own promises seff?? To talk of local based chairman n Co., abeg..... they're currently ranting about building a sea port on the island tho)

This goes way beyond a chief that sells sand bro, it balls down to intervention of well meaning Nigerians and the elected.

Thanks for your feedback once again. I hope to travel back to the island with people who can support these guys, seriously. (you're verily welcome, me too)
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by iamnlia(m): 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
musicwriter:
@deturla

Thanks for the video.

Slave trade in America.

Boss, I sent you a mail.
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by NoContract(m): 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
deturla:

Thanks.

Next time bro, please invest more in professional audio. It would make your documentary more appealing.

I'm also open to working together. Sorry I had to write it here because Nairaland messaging system sucks.

And as for the guy above who claimed there was no slavery in pre colonial Africa, I pity his education
Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by deturla: 8:29am On Sep 12, 2017
NoContract:

Next time bro, please invest more in professional audio. It would make your documentary more appealing.

I'm also open to working together. Sorry I had to write it here because Nairaland messaging system sucks.

And as for the guy above who claimed there was no slavery in pre colonial Africa, I pity his education

Thanks for the feedback, will work on the audio thingy. Thanks.

Meanwhile, what do you mean by working together? You can hit me up on 080674841zeronine.

We can discuss. Cheers.

Re: A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) by musicwriter(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
iamnlia:

Boss, I sent you a mail.

Sorry, I didn't get any mail from you.

Email: Kemeticphilosophy@gmail

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vandals Damage Lagos-Ibadan Railway Track, Trains Forced To Stop In Bush / Azeez Ajasa Is Dead - Police Inspector Dies In Ogun Lone Accident - Picture / United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.