Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu (929 Views)

National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Hate Speeches Breeding Ground For Genocide – Osinbajo / Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by sarrki(m): 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
A former minister and educationist, Jibril Aminu, has said that hate speeches in the polity and fake news spread in the media were the main causes of the 1967 Civil War in the country.
Speaking in Kano, alongside the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, during the 4th annual conference of the Association of Communication Scholars and Professionals of Nigeria, which held in Kano on Wednesday, Mr. Aminu said Nigerians should be wary of being drawn into the same trap that led to the civil war.
The professor also asked the media to be proactive in its reportage and avoids acts capable of further dividing the nation.
Earlier, the minister of information said the government was disturbed by the trend of hates speeches from various individuals and groups which he described “as worrisome.”
He said the government is geared towards addressing the issue of hate speech, fake news and misinformation.
According to him, the “enemies of the government are responsible for the mischievous speeches” which he said was aimed at causing unnecessary distractions and heating the polity. He, however, said the government would not gag the media or free speech.
He also linked Nigeria’s recent exit from recession as an indication of the success of the economic policies of the present administration

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/242587-hate-speeches-caused-nigerian-civil-war-jubril-aminu.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by madridguy(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
The “enemies of the government are responsible for the mischievous speeches” e.g The Satanic umbrella Party, The leader of the pigs and idiots and others tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Sprumbabafather: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
So make we fry Amala?

Why didn't you push for the arrest of arewa yoots?

It's the zoneBs leading in hate speeches so far.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by sarrki(m): 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2017
I hope the children of hatred will stop all this

Also Nnamdi KANU should stop hates speech

We are all human first

In the beginning it was Adam and Eve

Any other attachment mostly are man made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by sarrki(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
So make we fry Amala?

Listen to the word of the elders

It will do you some great
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by attackgat: 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2017
No, what caused the war was the desire of the Northern oligarchy to control Nigeria.

Hate speech is hate speech, mere words. If people can kill each other over mere words, they shouldnt be together in one country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by luvinhubby(m): 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
Standing the truth on it's head.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by DanseMacabre(m): 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
The only thing that could be tagged as 'hate speech' then was that infamous Ahmadu Bello video that denigrated the Igbos and even outrightly supported segregation against them.

But that wasn't even what caused the war. What caused it was the coup and counter-coup of '66, the subsequent pogroms against the Igbos and other peoples of eastern extraction living in the North; and the failure or refusal of Yakubu Gowon to abide by the Aburi Accord.

But of course sarrki my good man, you should have known this much if you knew your basic history.

On a lighter note, abeg you fit link me with job for BMC? I can do better and I promise I won't usurp your position. grin

4 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by greatiyk4u(m): 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hate speech has destroyed many families

Most of us from Polygamous home know much about this

Some mothers will just force their children to hate other members of the family from her rival wife and even the father by making a lot of untrue allegations about them.

Hate speech thrives more among the populace of illiterates who hardly ask questions and even when they do, it is usually an unintelligent/foolish ones

#SAYNOTOHATESPEECH
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by bolanto24(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Abeg i'm tired of hearing all this talk about hate speeches and war war war.
Just fixed this god damned country and hate speeches will take the back seat. Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by LIFEisSIMPLE: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hate speech in Nigeria started even before independence

1 Like

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by LIFEisSIMPLE: 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2017
I saw a speech made by sarduna as far back as 1953 and i was amazed. That was the climax of hate speech

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Yyeske(m): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I saw a speech made by sarduna as far back as 1953 and i was amazed. That was the climax of hate speech
I hope you saw that of Nnamdi kanu too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Blooddiamond: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
madridguy:
The “enemies of the government are responsible for the mischievous speeches” e.g The Satanic umbrella Party, The leader of the pigs and idiots and others tongue
Thunder fire ur head there,imbe*.cile. The bigot n the demented figure Buhari,is the originator n father of hate speeches in Nigeria. The evidence is there all over YouTube. Once again, thunder fire ur yansh.

4 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by OBAGADAFFI: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Duh,

Hate speech also caused the 2011 election massacre.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by LIFEisSIMPLE: 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
I am not justifying or accusing anyone. Judgement is for God. Just note that hate speech in Nigeria was worse before Nnamdi Kanu was born
Yyeske:
I hope you saw that of Nnamdi kanu too

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Blooddiamond: 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
Im*beciles,they keep singing abt war! Do u think we are scared abt war?The whole of Nigeria military is abt 150thousand,then compare that to a well equipped Biafran army,whose members are abt 3million. Keep singing abt war,we will give it to u when d time comes. Anuofia

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by kettykin: 11:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
i totally diasgree with this , what caused the civil war was the wanton killing of people of the East by the soliders in the North and the people of the North , the rejection of the Aburi accord contributed in no small measure and the other things like the inability of the Government of the day the guaranee the security of lives , though the hate speeches was a co factor , it would not have triggered the war just like that

1 Like

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by HoluwarTohbar(f): 11:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
Buhari and his APC are the modern day proponents of hate speech, through hate speech they appealed to their gullible followers to get votes and even after winning elections have continued with their hate speeches syndrome.

Never has Nigeria been so divided as it is now.

Let the ruling class deal equitably with the ruled and see hate speeches disappear.
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by ayzTIGER: 11:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
madridguy:
Yoruba muslim your hated for a reason. Your hypocrisy stinks just like you lots smell.
Your attention was needed in this thread but you were nowhere to be found
https://www.nairaland.com/4035032/hate-speech-how-corper-killed
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by RZArecta(m): 1:17am On Sep 07, 2017
Just like one ídiot who spoke about "dogs and baboons" being soaked in blood if he lost an election. The fôol should have been arrested immediately and locked up for 30 yrs cool
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by vital: 5:42am On Sep 07, 2017
Good governance really needed.A hungry Maan is an angry man.Fix the country economy,everybody will forget hate speeches in the beer parlour.
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Eastside046: 6:13am On Sep 07, 2017
madridguy:
This man is de worst

Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Vicolan: 6:15am On Sep 07, 2017
Hate speech that didn't cause civil war during past government so its now ehn...

Lie Mohammed said more than hate speech during past gvt why is it paining them now......
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 07, 2017
Bad policies, divisive speech brought about the hate speech everywhere.

Please the citizens would tell better if the country is out of reccession..
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Paperwhite(m): 7:03am On Sep 07, 2017
The most bigoted President Nigeria ever had and the satanic APC are the origin of hate speech in modern times.
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Iceman2017(m): 7:06am On Sep 07, 2017
And the Op is the chief carrier of hate speech...
Do what you preach...
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Omeokachie: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2017
You finally found your voice after UN intervention?

Great!
Re: Hate Speeches Caused Nigerian Civil War – Jubril Aminu by Paretomaster(m): 8:24am On Sep 07, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
So make we fry Amala?

Arrest them for what? They simply want to avert the consequences of hate speech spread by your Albino, and his touts by simply asking you to leave.

Though the ultimatum is commendable, but it's way far better than reacting violently. ..

(1) (Reply)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Tribune Newspaper Headlines [9th September, 2017]. / Buhari Was Cloned In London, Current Nigerian President Is Fake – Asari Dokubo / I Was Sent Off Air For Discussing Asaba Massacre- Cheta Nwanze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.