Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat (1447 Views)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat by FreshMekanik: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house.
My boss have the practice of removing thermostat from customers cars to solve over heating problem when other things like water pump, radiator and head gasket are in good shape. it has been working for him so far but I know it is a bad practice and wouldn't want to learn that from him.

So what are the consequences of removing a thermostat? and like how much does it cost to replace one?
Re: Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat by honmusa(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2017
FreshMekanik:
Hello Gurus in the house.
My boss have the practice of removing thermostat from customers cars to solve over heating problem when other things like water pump, radiator and head gasket are in good shape. it has been working for him so far but I know it is a bad practice and wouldn't want to learn that from him.

So what are the consequences of removing a thermostat? and like how much does it cost to replace one?
Function of a thermostat is to allow your car engine to get to the optimum temperature as fast as possible to achieve closed loop condition for better fuel management and performance .And any delay to achieve this will spell doom for your engine.
Intentionally removing thermostat is just like ignorantly using your hand to set fire on your engine cos it won't be long before tear and wear beginning to occur in your engine and you have a smoking engine which why engine business car engine importation strives very well in this country !!!
For asian car ,tokunbo thermostat can not be more than 5k and installation will depend on the model of vehicle in question
If you need to know more u can visit my thread on this topic .I have done an experiment to drive this topic of thermostat removal home
https://www.nairaland.com/3729134/let-discuss-cooling-system-overheating
Re: Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat by FreshMekanik: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2017
honmusa:

Function of a thermostat is to allow your car engine to get to the optimum temperature as fast as possible to achieve closed loop condition for better fuel management and performance .And any delay to achieve this will spell doom for your engine.
Intentionally removing thermostat is just like ignorantly using your hand to set fire on your engine cos it won't be long before tear and wear beginning to occur in your engine and you have a smoking engine which why engine business car engine importation strives very well in this country !!!
For asian car ,tokunbo thermostat can not be more than 5k and installation will depend on the model of vehicle in question
If you need to know more u can visit my thread on this topic
https://www.nairaland.com/3729134/let-discuss-cooling-system-overheating

Thanks man.
Re: Consequences Of Removing A Car Thermostat by honmusa(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2017
FreshMekanik:

Thanks man.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes-amg Vision Gran Turismo To Feature In Justice League / Symptoms Of A Bad Engine Mount / Can You Refer A Good Mechanic Is Lagos To Inspect A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.