Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria (3958 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To Hit 2m Litres Daily By October As It Begins Production / Major Earthquake Could Hit Israel Any Time - Experts Warn / Earthquake/tsunami May Hit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by hillsate: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
Dear Nigerians,
It saddens my heart, and makes a complete nonsense of my sense of patrotism that a handful of humans have called and are calling nigerians fools to their faces. How then can you explain all that has surrounded the presidency over the past 93 days?
Dear Nigerians, something drastic is going to happen in the presidency on a morning over the next seven days. It will be very drastic. Everyone that has contributed to making a public show of nigerians will find their rightful place. I rest my case. Nature will always seek equilibrium!
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
una wan bring man made earthquake there?
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
I wonder how many casualty will be gone with it
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by oderemo(m): 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
Dear Nigerians, something drastic is going to happen in the presidency on a morning over the next seven days. It will be very drastic. Everyone that has contributed to making a public show of nigerians will find their rightful place. I rest my case. Nature will always seek equilibrium!

Einstein theory?. why 7 days .  shocked shocked
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2010
hillsate:

Dear Nigerians,
It saddens my heart, and makes a complete nonsense of my sense of patrotism that a handful of humans have called and are calling nigerians fools to their faces. How then can you explain all that has surrounded the presidency over the past 93 days?

are you predicting a bloody coup d'etat or the presidents death?
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Pharoh: 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
It seems you know something we don't actually know?
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by henry101(m): 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2010
@ poster
I troway massive n moral support 2ya.
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2010
henry101:

@ poster
I troway massive n moral support 2ya.

Ummmmm
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by ElRazur: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2010
I think he just had a vision from god.

Nigeria I don't think is on a fault plain so, how your prediction go come true I no sabi. But then, this guy may be working for the US military and he is giving us a warning before the CIA strike with HARRP [Not harp lager beer] lol.

grin grin
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by safeact(m): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
Pls d earthquake no reach my doormo, make it end 4 Aso rock!
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2010
safeact:

Pls d earthquake no reach my doormo, make it end 4 Aso rock!

Will that be possible?
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by MandingoII(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
Africa is DEVOID of earthquakes.

It is not in a plate tutonic zone.

Drought yes, earthquake NO!

Damn, the misinformation on this board is stunning.
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2010
MandingoII:

It is not in a plate tutonic zone.

Drought yes, earthquake NO!

Read btw the line and understand what the thread is about.
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by hillsate: 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Read btw the line and understand what the thread is about.
Thank you Fhemmy!
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
i tire for Una oh. One person just made an out of point Post and you are all rushing to post one thing or the other along side.
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Pifa: 8:49am On Feb 25, 2010
MandingoII:

Nothing could be further from the truth. Africa has had earthquakes of significant magnitudes as far back as the 1800s. The Lake Tanganyika area in East Africa recorded a 6.8 magnitude in Dec 2005. Two months later in 2006, Mozambique was hit by a 7.0. Rwanda had a 5.7 in Feb 2008 that killed over 300 people. The Somali or East African Plate runs through several countries including Kenya, Somalia, Eretria, Malawi, Rwanda Burundi. There had been 7.6 magnitudes in the Rwanda area in the 1900s. North African countries are also susceptible to large earthquakes. A 6.4 in Morocco in 2004 killed over 650 people.

Even the Nigerian city of Ibadan was hit by minor quakes in 1984 and 1990. Ibadan also recorded earthquakes as far back as the 1900s. Lagos, too, is in a quake zone, although I am not sure if the city actually lies on the West African fault.

Earthquakes in Africa are unusual, but the few recorded ones were of significant magnitudes. 

Anyway, now that you’ve learned a bit about seismic activities in Africa, you may get back to the subject of the thread. The poster who initiated the thread used earthquake as a metaphor. He didn’t mean it literally.

http://rockyweb.cr.usgs.gov/outreach/africa/act5.html
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=vn20091203130558810C905208
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Kx: 8:57am On Feb 25, 2010
@Poster,
Political earthquake perhaps would have made a better subject.

We are all anxiously waiting for the good news in 7 days sha.
Re: Major Earthquake To Hit Nigeria by Imeobong(m): 10:55am On Feb 25, 2010
hillsate:

Dear Nigerians,

I say a loud Ameeennnnnnnnn!!

(1) (Reply)

Constitutional Amendment - Ex Convicts Can Run For Presidency / How Much Should The President Receive As Food Allowance / Govt Officials Opened 73,000 Fake Pension Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.