Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (29952 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Biblical Quotes About Salary Payments / Share Your Opinions On These 'bizarre' Biblical Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Odunnu: 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2010
Hey V.whtz wt d asterisks?is NL against exchange of emails?
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2010
toba:

I agree with u that he was given authority.U should then tell what the authority given to him qualifies him to be.
Yar adua is sick,the NA gave goodluck authority to act as what? Which function is goodluck performing? Liken that to d functions Jesus is performing

Hehe ... but we should know that being given authority does not change the "essential being" of the person. Before Yar Adua was sick, he was a HUMAN BEING. When he became ill, he was still a HUMAN BEING. When he leaves office as President, he will remain a HUMAN BEING.

The same with Jonathan Goodluck - before he dreamt of Yar Adua becoming President, Goodluck was HUMAN BEING. When NA gave him "authority", he did not transform into an angelic being, but was still a HUMAN BEING. After Jonathan Goodluck, the next person is still a HUMAN BEING! grin

Question:
    WHAT was Jesus Christ before He "became" a Man?

Answer:
    He is God (John 1:1)
    The Word who is God (John 1:1) "became" a Man (John 1:14)

@karo93, WHAT was Jesus Christ BEFORE He "became" a Man? cheesy
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2010
Odunnu:

Hey V.whtz wt d asterisks?is NL against exchange of emails?

Lol, no - nothing against sharing email addy. I don't know if you ever experience this, but in other forum where I made the mistake of posting my email online, all sorts of spam mails were sent to my e-box (I almost got the sack at one time) - that's why I asterisked yours and thot you'd delete it afterwards. But it doesn't matter if you choose to leave it though. I'll send it later today. wink
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2010
Jesus was a spirit like God and the angels before he became man

Jesus couldn't use "was" because he is still alive.it doesn't mean eternity.was is for that of the past and jesus is not past.

Acts.4.27
   and the people of Israel against Jesus YOUR HOLY SERVANT  WHO YOU MADE MESSIAH.

THE SERVANT AND THE MASTER Can never BE THE SAME PERSON AND THE ONE WHO WAS MADE Cannot BE THE One WHO MADE.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
karo93:

Jesus was a spirit like God and the angels before he became man

What kind of 'spirit' exactly? To say that He was "a spirit like God and the angels" is meaningless, because it seems to be saying that there is no difference between God and the angels.

For all we know, I reckoned you would fall for that JW trickery on that question. And that was why I left you a clear outline, repeated below:

viaro:

Question:
     WHAT was Jesus Christ before He "became" a Man?

Answer:
     He is God (John 1:1)
     The Word who is God (John 1:1) "became" a Man (John 1:14)

After that outline, I asked you the question:

viaro:
@karo93, WHAT was Jesus Christ BEFORE He "became" a Man? cheesy

Therefore, coming back with the evasive answer that Jesus was "a spirit like God and the angels" is to confuse issues for yourself and be neither here nor there. Human beings also are "spirits", but they are NOT deity - the angels are called "ministering spirits" (Heb. 1:14), and they are not "like" God, for they are NOT deity.

Unless you're in the habit of trying so hard (and failing) to deny the obvious, I don't see how that question should be difficult for you, especially since i have shown you an outline already - John 1:1, 14 and Revelation 19:13.  I really don't know what you find satisfying to yourself in deliberately denying what is in front of you.

Acts.4.27
and the people of Israel against Jesus YOUR HOLY SERVANT WHO YOU MADE MESSIAH.

THE SERVANT AND THE MASTER Can never BE THE SAME PERSON AND THE ONE WHO WAS MADE Cannot BE THE One WHO MADE.

This is a sure sign of your desperation. What do you gain from repeating the same thing that has been answered already - several times? This is the same hoax DeepSight was playing by making redundant repetitions until he injured himself and had to bail out of Nairaland. You don't want to injure yourself, dude - so quit acting like a child and grow up.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2010
Viaro

your only reply was that the servant is to be worshiped and is still a master and i have told you why.

it doesn't change the fact that he was MADE messiah,GIVEN authority and all things and IS A SERVANT TO THE GOD OF Abraham,isaac and jacob.

hence my repitition.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2010
karo93:

your only reply was that the servant is to be worshiped and is still a master and i have told you why.

Please stop monkeying around. How many times have I quoted John 1:1 to you both from GNB and KJV? Are you deliberately evading that verse showing that Jesus IS God? Can you tell us why you keep dodging that simple verse? grin

it doesn't change the fact that he was MADE messiah, GIVEN authority and all things and IS A SERVANT TO THE GOD OF Abraham,isaac and jacob.

You're mixing up issues here - typical of JW and their errand boys. The God whom the patriarchs and Israel knew is the same Messiah who is the Mighty God - Isaiah 9:6.

hence my repitition.

Your repetition is a sure sign of your desperation. Do you want to keep confirming how desperate you are? Go on then. grin
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
Odunnu:

Viaro,seen my mail yet?

Hi Odunnu. I tried but the mail failed. Said that the account does not exist. Try sending me one at [ . ]@yahoo.com - I'll try and reply soonest. wink
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Odunnu: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2010
So sori V. I evn tried to log bt it kpt saying that 'yahoo encounterd a problem while processin my last request' Its alrite.I'l send u a mail ryt away wt anothr addy.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by TrueSeeker(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
@viaro
about the john1.1 i still go with true seeker. and i think you should too.lol
Oh c'mon , hehe - even TrueSeeker knows that his JW arguments do not have a leg to stand on in this thread on John 1:1. I was trying to be polite to him that was why I simply left his cut-and-paste for a while until I picked it up on the question of "the μονογενής (monogenēs) of the Father". Of course, that one also JW will deny - and any cut-and-paste from them will be roundly trashed in this thread. Try me.

You are wrong. You should have refuted my cut-and-paste in the light of scriptures.
Mind you the thread is not just for one ideology.

I only step-aside from the thread, because you agree that doctrine of trinity is not important to salvation. I reasoned that any further contribution will just be wasting of valuable time that I can use for other important thing than discussing or argue trinity which is not relevant to christian faith.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2010
Odunnu:

So sori V. I evn tried to log bt it kpt saying that 'yahoo encounterd a problem while processin my last request' Its alrite.I'l send u a mail ryt away wt anothr addy.

That's fine. Will check in due course. Thanks. smiley
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Moyola(f): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2010
Whoever thinks Jesus is God?! undecided
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by viaro: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2010
TrueSeeker:

@viaroOh c'mon , hehe - even TrueSeeker knows that his JW arguments do not have a leg to stand on in this thread on John 1:1. I was trying to be polite to him that was why I simply left his cut-and-paste for a while until I picked it up on the question of "the μονογενής (monogenēs) of the Father". Of course, that one also JW will deny - and any cut-and-paste from them will be roundly trashed in this thread. Try me.

You are wrong. You should have refuted my cut-and-paste in the light of scriptures.

What is there in your cut-and-paste that has not been refuted by others in so many instances on the net? Unless you also want me to go cutting-and-pasting, I don't see what substance that is fresh for anyone to bother on "refuting" that post of yours.

Mind you the thread is not just for one ideology.

Never said it was, did I?

I only step-aside from the thread, because you agree that doctrine of trinity is not important to salvation. I reasoned that any further contribution will just be wasting of valuable time that I can use for other important thing than discussing or argue trinity which is not relevant to christian faith.

Nobody predicated salvation on a doctrine of the Trinity (other than DeepSight who had tried to dribble that non-starter into the thread and hang it upon my neck). That aside, there's no problem in withdrawing when you did, and I wouldn't suppose that you stayed because you wanted to argue Trinity one way or another as the foundation of salvation.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Enigma(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2010
Moyola:

Whoever thinks Jesus is God?! undecided

Only the whole of Christianity --- except people who are in error or are heretics!
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Marlbron: 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
OP,

Jesus had existed as part of the Godhead before the world was created. He assisted his Father God in creating the world. Note:'he was in the world and the world was made by him and the world knew him not". He is a God, or he is God, but he is not the Almighty God. Jesus himself made clear in several passages in the Bible that his Father was supreme. SO in a way, you are correct,Jesus is NOT Almighty God the Father, but he is God the Son. In other words he too is a creation of God the Father,though much before the world was created.

Ther is a confusion among Christians about the "God' in the old testament. The God in the old testament could not have been the Almighty God. The old testament fathers related with an angel called Jehova. He instituted things like an eye for an eye, and he killed very easily.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Moyola(f): 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2010
Enigma:

Only the whole of Christianity --- except people who are in error or are heretics!

What?! undecided
Anyone that claims to be a xtian n know not that Jesus is not God, that one of the reasonz he came to the world was to turn people back to The Father. . . well! tongue
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by karo93: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2010
According to jn.14.28 God and jesus are unequal and therefore different but according to the trinitarian they are equal.why?

[alternate views are welcome]
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2010
karo93:

According to jn.14.28 God and jesus are unequal and therefore different but according to the trinitarian they are equal.why?

[alternate views are welcome]
Madam ive told u to consider Acts 20vs 27&28 on the subject matter
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by chakula: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2010
The disciples prayed to God just as they were commanded by Jesus in Luke 11:2, and considered Jesus to be God’s servant.
The Bible says that Jesus was God’s servant, chosen one, and beloved.Mattew 12:18 “Behold, My servant, whom I have chosen, in whom My soul is well pleased.
Why all this conflict while it was decleared by the gospel jesus is not god and not to be god forever.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 13, 2011
SO YOU WATCHTOWERIES SNEAKED OUT OF THE MAIN TOPIC POLLUTING THE WHOLE SITE angry
IF YOU DO AND WILL ALWAYS ACCEPT THE TRUTH, PLEASE GO BACK TO

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-22184.0.html
cool cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by gbigbega: 10:53am On Dec 02, 2011
I have taken time to read through about all the responses in this post. Its old but i want to put in my simple knowledge.

I see we all argue and derive formulars to explain the concept of the trinity. I think the answer is right within us.

During Creation, the bible says in Genesis 1:26 " And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness, " If we are trying to define the personality of God, I thinks it was all embeded in the creation of man. If you believe God made man exactly like him; Not just in his image but also in his likeness, then you should know that the answer lies in you.

Lets look at who/what a man is made of.

Man is made of soul, spirit and body. You can say man is three in one. What everybody sees, know and interact with is your body. your Spirit interact with the Spirit world e.g when you are asleep you go places without leaving your bed. Your soul is the real you. Bible says "the soul that sinneth shall die". This means the consequence of living in the body and spirit will be meted on the soul. It is the soul that makes the final decision on what you do, though advised by the spirit and the flesh. the souls is more like the head. Remember that the bible says “let us make man in our own Image and Likeness”. This means Man (the soul) existed before God decided to wrap him in his image (give him a Body like God's) and breath in him his likeness (give him a spirit like God's). So you can actually say "we are gods" like the bible also say (Ps 82:6, John 10:34). This is because of our absolute resemblance of God.

As stated above, God exist in this form, 3 in 1. He can function as one person, having the three in Him or as separate entity but united in decision. all in all, He is one person with 3 different personality in him just like you are. While man find it hard to separate the 3 voluntarily, God's personality can exist "independently" as God.

At creation, in Genesis 1:26, God said "Let us, " which mean he was talking with some personalities. It also mean it was not the decision on one person (so to speak) that brought man into existence. It was the decision of the Trinity. Though one, yet in a group of 3, Just like you and me are. Many verses in the scripture points to this. I will mention some

John 1: 1 -In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, vs 14- and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us,

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Note here that Jesus was Called THE MIGHTY GOD, and also THE EVERLASTING FATHER. Jesus was referred to as the Father here.

Some argue that Jesus is not God because he said in Mat 24:36 that no one knows the day and hour of the second coming except the Father only. They say if Jesus is God, he should also be aware of the day and time. Again I will ask you to look at yourselves for the answer. Have you ever unconsciously sang a song that you did not learn, did not like or is against your believe to sing? At such time, you suddenly jolt out of it after maybe singing it half way. While your Body and maybe spirit refused to learn the song, your soul learnt it and even started singing it against your will. In this instance, the knowledge of this song was not revealed to your body. There are also times when you have dreams and you where giving instruction which you did not remember when you wake up. That instruction was meant for your Soul and not your body. For man, this is an involuntary action but for God it is voluntary. He is all powerful.

Sometimes we just accept everything by faith, which is good, but if we look closely, there is always a shadow of every spiritual thing, here on earth.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by theseeker2: 12:06am On Dec 05, 2011
Trinity = A vindictive father, A suicidal son and A Dove
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by snakova(m): 9:33am On Dec 05, 2011
christ is not GOD. just watch
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Ozichim(m): 8:38am On Dec 07, 2011
Watch what? Your thoughts or belief does not matter here. We have many things to prove that Christ is the same as God himself. Even the present day revelations keep proving that Christ is God.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Ozichim(m): 8:54am On Dec 07, 2011
I want to start by clearing some popular misconceptions amongst Muslims and some young Christians.

Please anybody that thinks that the Muslem god "Allah" is the same as the Christian God "Jehovah" is really deceived.

The author of Christian is Jesus Christ.
The Christian God can be called Yahweh or Jehovah.

The founder of Muslem is Mohamed
The Muslem god according to Mohamed is called Allah.

Christians and Muslims are completely different, they never look alike.
"Jehovah" is and will never be the same as Muslem god "Allah".

So the big question now is who is this Allah?
This question should be left for Muslims to answer.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Ozichim(m): 9:26am On Dec 07, 2011
John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Why should somebody still be doubting the claims made by Christ himself.

Without fear of contradiction we are very sure of who Jesus Christ is. The only thing we are doing now is to tell people about Christ.
Because except they put their faith on Him (Jesus Christ) they will like wise perish.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by theseeker2: 9:49am On Dec 07, 2011
Good luck with you bro. Happy burning in hell
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Ozichim(m): 10:28am On Dec 07, 2011
Don't make mockery of Gods redemption plan for man. So long you are still breathing you still have the opportunity to believe so that your sin will be forgiven; and them you can make heaven.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by theseeker2: 11:07am On Dec 07, 2011
Ozichim:

Don't make mockery of Gods redemption plan for man. So long you are still breathing you still have the opportunity to believe so that your sin will be forgiven; and them you can make heaven.

I am not making mockery. Am only warning you cos you worhip a guy who does not even qualify as good as your GOD

Mark 10:18-24
New International Version (NIV)   18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by Ozichim(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
@the_seeker,
New International Version (NIV) 18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

This man Called Jesus "GOOD MASTER", Jesus deliberately echoed it to the hearing of everybody. He want to let people know that the man called him Good and no other person is Good except God. So he was just telling the man and everybody that the man called him God.

Can't you see that he did not deny to be Good and he did not ask the man not to call him Good. So he accepted the worship.

Let me tell you that the man that called Jesus Good Master is a Jew and he was aware that no man is Good except God.
So, even While Jesus has not returned to his Glory( While he was still on earth he was been worshiped and was recieving worship).
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by theosci: 6:12am On Feb 01, 2012
Is this deliberate or can't you all get my point??
i didn't say there is no holy spirit and matter of fact according to rev.4:5 and 5:6 God has 7 spirits.

The chapter that you are getting this text from is a vision. Actually a good amount of of Revelation are visions and you can't take these visions at face value. There is lots of symbolism. For example, you will find the numbers 4, 6, 7, and 12 used in the book of Revelation. The number 7 in Revelation is used to represent God, because it is known as the perfect number. As opposed to 6 which represents the ruler of the earth, Satan, which means man's number. Hence the term 666.

So you can't use a verse from a vision, take one of the symbols, and take it literally. Revelation is a highly controversial book that is still a pretty big mystery and deals with a lot of prophecy. If you are going to use text to prove or disprove anything fundamental in the Bible or Theology, I would really try to avoid using Revelation as much as possible if I were you.
Re: Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. by theosci: 6:37am On Feb 01, 2012

I am not making mockery. Am only warning you cos you worhip a guy who does not even qualify as good as your GOD

New International Version (NIV) 18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

Okay, answer me honestly about something. Do you believe in the Bible? If not, how does it make sense to disprove what Christians believe with a book you don't even believe in? Taking into account all of the historical, theological, and personal context of the Bible, it does not contradict itself. Every part harmoniously agrees with the other parts. Even the parts of the old testament that seem to contradict the new testament. The children of Israel had to be handled differently in the old testament vs. the new testament since they did not have the same level of maturity.

I won't lose sleep or worry if you don't believe in God. That is your right to believe what you want. But, Christianity is a world-wide faith that many people believe in and that have many scholars and professors (with doctorate degrees Theology) that devote their lives to the study of the Bible. You have to admit that it is pretty twisted to try to disprove someone else's religion with their own teachings. I wouldn't be nearly so bold as to do something like that, such as disproving Islam with the Koran.

Besides how much do you even really know about the Bible? Trying to understand it doesn't take a couple of months. It takes several years or decades to understand and in a lot of ways the Christian community is still learning new things about the Bible. So I would recommend getting off that high horse of yours before you start debating about a religion you may not know much about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Emmanuel Omale Predicts Death Of Actress In 2016 / How To Meet with Prophet TB Joshua in scoan / Pastor Kumuyi: If Your Wife Is Not Beautiful, Its Your Fault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.