Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? (22805 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree? / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by okoyeizu: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2017
I have a friend who graduated with a Third Class and got a good job immediately after service. I graduated with a 2:1 and got job after 10years of graduation. Today, we both work in same University and he earns better cos he got the job before me. U can get a PGD and if possible an M.Sc..pls don't be discouraged!! If I can make it after 10yrs,there's nothing GOD can't do.
Hardex247:
I graduated with a third class in Mathematics from the University of Ibadan. Do I still have a chance of getting a job? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Ashibelieve: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2017
Truth is you have an amazing chance. Some dropouts are doing more in business than first class.

The energy and focus you used in other things outside of your studies, just channel it to your anything you find your hands to do ~No matter how small and I bet just the way you succeeded in failing, you will succeed in your work.

As you play hard it shows you can work hard too...#OgaGoSucceedJare
visit www.Bertatechsolutions.com.ng that company employ creative people and don't care about certificate first.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2017
D
Hardex247:
I graduated with a third class in Mathematics from the University of Ibadan. Do I still have a chance of getting a job? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Please start a business.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Daddybright1986(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2017
This is a stupid questions @OP......wetin .......una President the take rules us
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Maj196(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2017
The irony of life is that most people who didn't do so well in school end up being better than most who did. The reason? The one who did well channel all energy in only school while the other didn't. Now reality sets in.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by donokoh(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This your 3rd class might be the blessing you need in life ...
bros no be lie o. Every disappointment may be a blessing

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2017
Hardex247:

I can do something for you.. Anywhere you step into that there is vacancy. You must get a job and if you even step into where there is no vacancy. You will be recommended to where vacancy is and you will be given the job. I like to help people, on a norm with the way most Nigerians behave, I will just keep quiet and watch people suffer, but my good nature won't let me.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Worldbest281: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2017
u need two things, God and Connection...
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by dukeprince50: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2017
scorpio2013:
So a third class degree holder will create job for a first class degree holder? Between the two, who needs supervision? Those with first class brains should be out there solving problems through research and innovation.
do you know that mark zugerback didn't go to school but he has master degree holders working for him, your degree will not determine level of your success. a first class can earn 100k monthly a school dropout can take 5m monthly from business
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by lonelydora: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2017
Hardex247:
Yes. Go for PGDE and Masters, that's if you want a blue collar job. But you can start up a business on your own amd later in life employ First Class Graduates. Don't allow it affect your thinking.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by dukeprince50: 9:05am On Sep 09, 2017
Maj196:
The irony of life is that most people who didn't do so well in school end up being better than most who did. The reason? The one who did well channel all energy in only school while the other didn't. Now reality sets in.
true talk. I for buy u one Pepsi but the price never come down
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by lonelydora: 9:05am On Sep 09, 2017
sulaimon22:
Those who have 1st class and 2nd upper are even struggling to get employed. No company/school will want to employ u with ur grade unless u av Long Leg ( Connection) my advice for u is jst to go into ICT u can learn Digital marketing, graphic design, app development, or find some cash and invest in Agric business

Am a 2nd class upper graduate and still unemployed and dats wat am doing.. digital marketing+Plantain farming

I need lessons on this.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2017
AbimbolaGCFR:

Your friend is a dullard, what is so very difficult in ENGLISH that she could not even graduate with at least a 2.2?

It doesn't matter, I made a third class from UNILAG and I thank God for what I have achieved with my degree.

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by newslifeop: 9:09am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2017
holysainbj:

I know Igbo men billionaires who do not know how the four walls of a class room looks like, they employ a number of first class graduates..so yes, a pass graduate can employ a first class one

I don't know why people think that their class of degree automatically entitles them to certain privileges in the jungle known as "labour market, business environment or market place".
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by afrika4real(m): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2017
Who said you can't make it? Change your mind set and like a champion not like a looser. Sky will be ur starting point if youbthink straight. 3rd class is never a disease. I graduated with 3rd class and within 10 years I have claimed the ladder to the position of manager in a reputable organization. Go and do good

2 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by andyxyler(m): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2017
Of course! As a matter of fact I have a friend who graduated with a Third Class and he's a Customs Officer. He just got promoted recently.

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Praktikals(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2017
PoisonedOne:

Don't bother yourself trying too hard to get a job thereby allowing other people to judge your intelligence and decide whether you're good enough or not. You can prove to yourself you're street smart and use your brain and work hard.
Op, pls tap from this man's wisdom
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by kacyjabari: 9:37am On Sep 09, 2017
Don't bother urself much, u will surely get job, it's just depends on whom u kno, I kno a guy in my Area dat got a job with 3rd class.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Kutunban: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2017
I love reading people's comments I just can't help myself. It's like an addiction. So in honor of those comments that I have read, I have decided to write my own comment. And it's all for you. I hope you enjoy reading my comment as much as I have enjoyed writing it. It's not an interesting comment, but I'm pretty certain you have read the comment up to this point, so you may as well just keep reading right down to the end. And also thank me for wasting your time cause this is very useless

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Kokaine(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Hardex247:
forget everything about a job. who job epp??
after all salaries these days are around 120 - 150k. market women and bus drivers make that amount. you should think about more of how to establish yourself on something, raise funds and grow bigger. salary is just a bribe to prevent you from personal growth and self establishment. learn a skill and be happy you did.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by elohimoutreach: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Op, i understand your fear because i had a 3rd class too from Tasued. Friends rejected me, many gossiped about me and i had no confidence to apply for jobs but i encouraged myself, even though not "easy". I became determined and went back to school. Today as i type this piece, i have 2 PGDs, 2 Master Degrees, Phd in view, Married and Self employed. MY ADVICE IS GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND OFFER YOUR SACRIFIES.

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2017
Hardex247:
You can afford it , go to the U.K. And do a program called top up, it will convert your grades if not do a pgd and proceed for masters, I know people in your shoes who did this and are gainfully employed now
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Zirah: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2017
swagguElite:

Dude ...just because she got the job doesn't mean her degree gave her the job! ... Am not saying she fvcked her way thru ...she could hv _but it doesn't matter since they are some with poor degrees but you be surprised with the torque of exquisite use of english when they engage in serious talk!

I would advise Op to follow the words of this wise man!

Thank you very much. People are just being fantastical in the way they reason. Op had better follow that wise guy's comment. It is somewhat disturbing that misleading comments like tosbobby's garner so many likes. I hope Hardex247 will not be misled by that.

Limibanti
sulaimon22

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by confiritch(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2017
Do not be discouraged. In the process of searching for job, ensure you keep yourself busy with a productive venture. Do not rule out the God-factor in all you are doing. In 2009, I got a job in a Federal Parastatal and when a second round of screening of credentials was conducted, all applicants with 3rd Class and Pass Degree were disengaged. After four years, the leadership of the Agency was changed and one of the affected persons was re-engaged because of the connection of his late father. He is currently on grade level 9, while I have been promoted to G/L 10. The underlining factor is that he is back to the organisation inspite of his Class of Degree. Cheers.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by serverconnect(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2017
Sometimes in life, it is not by grade but Grace.

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Coolgent(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2017
Of course yes! It depend on CONNECTION.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 09, 2017
Try to do your postgraduate then after that your masters you will get a job anywhere
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by babaRUNtinz(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2017
OP, nothing is impossible... U will surely get a good paying job. Self development is an essential key bro
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by dayowunmi(m): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2017
Op, don't listen to the nonsense being said to you by some ppl here that you can't get a job. Whenever you find a vacancy apply for them with an open mind. UI is a prestigious university and your course is not a cheap one so whatever the case employers will understand and most importantly God will see you through. You are not inferior to anyone! Always Remember that! However you will need prayer just like anyone else irrespective of grade. God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Coolgent(m): 10:37am On Sep 09, 2017
Hardex247:
3rd class degree is not a problem if u have COMNECTION! if the absence if connection there is a program call TOP UP its for conversion of 3rd class and HND, i think its 2semester.
Benin & Ghanian Universities offered it, I dont know wether it exist here in 9ja.

NB: they have affiliation with some Institutions in 9ja
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by EHIRIMCHA(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2017
Probably a marketing job in a company/financial institution.job is a scarce commodity in Nigeria so many organisation uses d grading system(d grade u graduated)to reduce d number of applicant.dis days dey will say "all applicant shud av nothing less dan a 2-1 with a master degree"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fraudster Posing As TY Danjuma's Son Clinches Job At Ministry Of Niger Delta / N-power News / Don't Ever Submit CV In PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.