Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

2019 Election: Two Questions Atiku Must Answer To Win! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Two Questions Atiku Must Answer To Win! (674 Views)

Atiku Must Pick Up His Phone To Call President Buhari- Keyamo / Atiku Must Tell Us Who He’s Planning To Sell NNPC To - Bismarck Rewane / Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: Two Questions Atiku Must Answer To Win! by OKURINMETA: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2017
It is safe to say that the north whichever side(core or liberal) will be in power for the next eight years after this "SAD REGIME" of Buhari ends in 2019; the political elites know this and the earlier the populace come to terms with this the better we can align ourselves with the reality that beckons every time the north rules.
Without fear or favour the three main aspirants from the North are Atiku, Buhari and El-rufai, a lot has been said about the last two.
Atiku as a candidate has a lot of questions to answer, permit me to ask him these two:
Relevance:
I logged in to Twitter and saw a poll of youth preference for president come 2019 and to my surprise you were behind Buhari in third place as Jonathan claimed first place. These are youth that decide elections,lead public opinion and who you might lead if you win the election. You trending on twitter for comical reasons, won't help you stay relevant , as a matter of fact many savege your post more than acknowledge it as a key note adresss. I read about your clamour for restructing and I asked myself if you couldn't restructure when Nigeria's history gave u a tabula rasa in 1999 and again in 2003 with power as the VP, what assurance do we have you will as president, what political machinery do you have that can bring this dream to reality.
Recently I saw a pic of you eating jollof rice with kids and I laughed! reason? 2019 is around the corner and politicians are forming relevance with cheap political PR stunts. The fact that you don't have any political achievement personally since you left office in 2003 really puts a dent on your relevance as a politician in Nigeria.. Dear Atiku how relevant are you?

Trust:
Many are of the opinion that you are disloyal and power greedy, they ask the one million dollar question "what is he looking for, if not power to avenge his enemies" how do you respond to this Sir?
Furthermore, I watched hard talk on the BBC network some times ago and i saw your former boss kill your image while defending himself and his cabinet, only to single you out for corrupt practices in front of millions both home and abroad, this is bad for your reputation.
Also, your inability to answer the PTF corruption questions makes many doubt your anti-corruption rhetoric, although to your credit you have never been found guilty of any financial crime by EFCC or other bodies in Nigeria but we all know how judgement works in Nigeria. Much more, a recent poll was conducted as to what comes to Mind when your name is mentioned and out of the 10 thousand people that votes; 84% said corruption comes to mind when your name is mentioned as against 16% who chose fight against corruption.Others opined that you want to buy the presidency. Your battered image is not helping.
The disloyal pendulum swinging on your head has not helped much, a lot of youth that I have spoken to nailed you to the cross with this. Obasanjo was not a saint in government but for OBJ to oppose your candidate because of this single attitude is worrisome, it will take a PR Miracle to clear this bad air around you.
With your wealth of experience in Government from the days of SDP I ask my self could it be because of this negative public view of disloyalty that makes the core north favour El-Rufai against you?

Copied from https://allthingsokunrinmeta.
Re: 2019 Election: Two Questions Atiku Must Answer To Win! by madridguy(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

We Will Continue Agitation For Biafra’s Freedom IPOB Tells Nigerian Army / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Tribune Newspaper Headlines [28 September, 2017]. / You May Be Moved To Tears Seeing What A Frm Commissioner Is Doing In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.