Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Check Out Ex-president Jonathan Speech On Global Peace And Security In Malaysia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out Ex-president Jonathan Speech On Global Peace And Security In Malaysia (484 Views)

Flood Sacks Otuoke, Ex-president Jonathan’s Hometown In Bayelsa / Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech / Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Ex-president Jonathan Speech On Global Peace And Security In Malaysia by LadyNaija(f): 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Former president of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, has advised young people around the world to unite with the old so as to forge a common front. Jonathan spoke on Friday, September 8, in Sarawak, Malaysia, as a guest at the International Summit on Peace organised by the Junior Chamber International.

He also noted that “the conscience and integrity of leaders are germane to solving societal problems.” Making a presentation at the event, the former president quoted the late Maitama Sule on the reason the youth must relate well with elders in any society.

“As an organisation of dynamic young global citizens aiming to positively impact our world, I had expected that JCI would be seeking the attention of a youthful serving leader, to inspire the world’s young, at an important Summit as this.

“But then I took a second look at your theme and consoled myself that even as a former president and a much older person, I may not, after all, be an unsuitable choice. “This is because both the young and the old have key roles to play in matters of leadership and peace,” he said.

Jonathan thanked the organisers and added: “I have to say that I am encouraged by the successes recorded by your organisation in galvanising young people around the world for good causes and promoting peace on our planet.

“I believe that if more societies and organisations would join JCI in this crusade for global peace, the world will be a better place for all of us."

He said he had earlier thought that the JCI would look for a younger and dynamic person for the presentation instead of him. He however changed the thought saying: “This consideration also reminded me of a statement by one of Nigeria’s elderstatesmen and sage, Alhaji Maitama Sule, who died just two months ago.

“He once said: ‘The young breed without the old breed will breed greed’. I believe, in saying so, he meant that the young and old must come together for a better tomorrow.”

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/09/check-out-ex-president-jonathan-speech.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SPPtnZXvkoo/WbK7xKQrbnI/AAAAAAAAF2o/IVjsslgGvfwEZmpqCXxp1_x7bzT3TU2jwCLcBGAs/s640/jona.jpg[/img]

MORE PHOTOS CHECK: https://www.nairaland.com/4040987/goodluck-jonathan-meets-nigerian-students
Re: Check Out Ex-president Jonathan Speech On Global Peace And Security In Malaysia by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
Great

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Wants To Push Biafrians 2arm Struggle - Turkish Diplomat / / Nnamdi Kanu May Have Been Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.