Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? (727 Views)

REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On / GEJ's Speeches Used Against Him In APC Sponsored Newspaper Adverts / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Jarus(m): 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
I have come to observe the activities of the rampaging anti-Fashola boys on Nairaland.
I have seen a lot of threads springing up, defaming Fashola, some calling for his impeachment.
The manner those threads and posts come appear coordinated and sponsored. It appears these people are out to wreck the man's soaring political image by changing public opinion about him.

This appears to me a product of the machination of the man's political opponents.

It can easily be argued that I am also here to do PR job for Fashola, by the same token I accuse the people speaking ill of Fashola on NL as doing PR job for Fashola's opponents. No, I have never commended Fashola on NL or beyond, even though I acknowledge his good works. I just honestly think these attacks on the man on NL appear too clean to be uncoordinated.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by nduchucks: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
Jarus, I'm not sure of the said sponsorship but I wouldn't be surprised if the said opponents and even Fashola himself are nairalanders. I know of some very unexpected political bigwigs who have posted on NL. Most of the players are online 24/7.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Jarus(m): 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
I also remember once reading somewhere that Speaker Bankole has a number of guys whose job is to look for what people are saying or writing about him on the internet, and, veiling as neutral contributors, counter them.

One state governor I countered in newspaper some three years ago also accused me of being sponsored by opposition.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by nduchucks: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
Jarus:

I also remember once reading somewhere that Speaker Bankole has a number of guys whose job is to look for what people are saying or writing about him on the internet, and, veiling as neutral contributors, counter them.

One state governor I countered in newspaper some three years ago also accused me of being sponsored by opposition.

Excellent point. The governor accused you of being sponsored probably because he himself was guilty of sponsoring journalists to oppose his adversaries. There may indeed be sponsored NLers.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by DrKitaun(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fashola reads thru NL but cant be bothered enuff to join issues with FACELESS riff-raffs.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
How come whenever people are saying their mind, they all of a sudden are paid to do so?
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by gbengapro: 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fashola has been accused of massive fraud by a group who publicised as "true face of Lagos".  Another group known as "Lagos Progressives" also accused him and Tinubu of massive fraud and large scale corruption.  Since these publications came out, both Fashola and Tinubu has not deemed it fit to refute, explain or deny these allegations.  
Some Nairalanders supporters of Fashola have taken this personal rather than join in the calls for the Gov. to make a statement on these allegations, they have resorted to name calling.  
It is obvious that these people like tpia, kushamotu, baba pupa etc are Fashola's paid agents.  They see nothing wrong with Fashola for has long as he's performing.  They even came up with this warped and stupid logic that the poster should face those other politicians at the federal level and other ex-governors who stole larger amounts and who didn't perform rather than Fashola who is "performing".  Can you belief this people?
They went further to say the poster should leave Lagos and go back to where he came from.  Talk about deranged minds and blind loyalty to their pay master.  These pro-Fashola posters are obviously sponsored.  Those who are bringing corruption issues to other nairalanders should be commended for their patriotic and anti-corruption stance.
Pro-Fashola posters should know that this matter will not die.  They better go back to Fashola-their sponsor to collect more funds because they should await more bombshell
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Fhemmmy: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
^^^ That is what bothers me too.
How could they accuse some people of such and yet nothing to say, i never did it, and just pretend like nothing ever happen
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Afam(m): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2010
@topic,

Yes, especially when you begin to see people register on the forum for the sole purpose of doing that.

Fashola may not be a saint but considering the work he is doing (acknowledged both within and outside Lagos) I believe he should not be distracted by all these allegations that bother on over inflated contracts. Who determines the level of inflation of contracts?

I have quoted sometimes 1000% higher than others on some programming or power backup projects before without problems and some who insist on quality don't bother paying even when others claim they could do same for ridiculously low amounts.

If all the governors can develop their respective states with inflated contracts then Nigeria will be better for it. This is 100% better than stashing funds in foreign accounts.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by ib612(m): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Gbegapro:

[b]And on whose side are you?

Logic dictates that you are either for or against; your opinion is either for or against what you believe in.

For what you stand up for here, it may be concluded that you are also a paid agent of Fashola opponents. Is that true?

A matter was taken to court and a competent Judge decided that's a rubbish, not Fashola, how do you see that. He is in a better position than you and i to know what these allegations by a faceless group is all about.

In all he's accountable to all Lagosian. That is not to suggest he's answerable to all accusations. If infact you read through all of the posts that seems to suggest that Fashola is corrupt, you'll notice that the accusations in real fact is not corruption but that he patronise some individual to the detriment of others.

Performance is measured on what you stand for and you are able to accomplish. If the writers of the posts had suggested that he was not using the money on the projects at all, then it would have been a different thing.

Having said all that above, i should like to see Fashola become more accountable to Lagosians by publishing the names of contractors, the costs, and the projects.

Trust me, all these things you read and see as posts, for or against Fashola, have a political under-tone.[/b]
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Lagosboy: 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fashola and Tinubu in my opinion are birds of the same feather. Anyone taking sides between the two is just a pun in the murky waters of nigerian politics. Lagosians deserve better Fashola is only gettin gpraiesed because of the mediocrity in our intellect, otherwise we should know the perfomance bar should be raised for lagos state and not comparing lagos to kebbi or oyo state.

Fashola was chief of staff and witnessed Tinubus dirty deals without raising any issue, if he was mr clean why did he not resign on principle. As far as i am concerned Tinubu has the right to kick out fashola in Nigerian political context if he can. Fashola owes every single thing he has achieved in politics to Tinubu
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2010
Smartly said
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by pcicero(m): 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Lagosboy,
I don't think there is any new thing in what you wrote. However, if Tinubu was instrumental to his election as governor, then Fashola should bequeath the treasury to him? Was Tinubu's emergence as governor not as a result of other people's goodwill? What was the fate that befell the likes of Ganiyu Dawodu, Wahab Dosumu, Funso Williams etc. Didn't Tinubu ensure that they remained politically irrelevant in AD before they decamped? How did he conspire with other AD governors to conduct a sham in the name of presidential primary election to scheme Bola Ige out of reckoning? How did he become the leader of AD and then AC? If anyone lacks wisdom,, (James 1:5). We all need to know more about our contemporary political history.
If he is now being given a bitter taste of his own medicine, why are you crying foul?
More so, if Fashola now decides to walk differently, shouldn't we all rally around him and ensure that he succeeds? At least, he has started well. I did not even vote for Fashola and i am sure that some of you don't know that the Epe people (my home Local govt) are in avowed opposition to the AC led government in Lagos State. Even Ikuforiji Adeyemi (the Speaker) cannot claim to have won the LSHA fairly in Epe.

Having said all that, Fashola has given so much elixir to governance in Lagos and our hopes as indigenes are being rekindled. Although, I have complained here on Nairaland severally that my people are yet to feel the impact of his governance, but i am sure that he needs my support to achieve his goals for the Greater Lagos as a Mega City (Epe inclusive).
As for the hired hands, "The time has come when the sun will shine only on men who accept no other master except their own reasons"- Mikhail Bakunin
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by doyin13(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2010
I thought Fashola had already come out to say there was no need
to protest on his behalf. undecided
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2010
doyin13:

I thought Fashola had already come out to say there was no need
to protest on his behalf. undecided

But has he deny all the allegation against him that he is fraud?
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by doyin13(m): 8:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

lol. . . would that sway your opinion one way or another over his guilt?

I actually find his silence refreshing. I get quite nauseous when all this
big men come to the public and start accusing one political opponent or another
for their troubles.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Fhemmmy: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
doyin13:

lol. . . would that sway your opinion one way or another over his guilt?

I actually find his silence refreshing. I get quite nauseous when all this
big men come to the public and start accusing one political opponent or another
for their troubles.

Yes, i do agree with you, but for the head of a state to be accused of major money embezzlement and yet not saying anything, that to me, means he does not give a hoot what anyone thinks, and mind, he is working for you and i.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by xterra2(m): 12:22am On Feb 26, 2010
Maybe they are trying to destroy his good image which i doubt they can
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by Beaf: 12:46am On Feb 26, 2010
Fashola has done well for Lagos, but you know what they say about birds of a feather. . . No decent person would rent (or be seen with) ultra low quality hoodlums like babapupa, talkless of them having him as a spokesperson in a public space like NL. When things don't smell right, something rotten is bound to be around.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by babapupa: 4:04am On Feb 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Though he responded already, too bad you conveniently missed it. He is not under any obligation legally or constitutionally to respond to every baseless and unproven allegations except in a court of law with credible proof of wrong doing presented. He said he'll respond at the appropriate time, meaning when evidence/proof of wrong doing on his part is produced in a court of law or before the state legislatures.

What do you really want from the man? You want him to go door to door or hold daily press conference and endlessly defend himself against what?
All we have so far is just talk and silly innuendos by some group and you're siting here calling it fraud, do you or the people behind the silly nonsense have any proof that he did anything wrong? How come they haven't produced anything till this very second? How come we still  don't have any exposes and revelations in the media, even by the people making the allegations.

Are we really ready to crucify the man because of some words of mouth allegations? The burden is on the accusers to take their case to court or before the grand jury where all evidence of wrong doing gets tendered to decide if the allegations have any merit  or before the legislators.

Again, what do you want the man to do? He said there's no need to demonstrate in his support and he'll respond when the people making the accusations gets their act together and present something via the legislative body or court of law.

Any reasonable human being talk less a lawyer don't go around talking till he knows for sure what he's being accused of.   

You guys need to stop acting as if Lagos is a banana republic where people scream ole and the accuser heads to the gallows. There is due process to follow. It's called democracy. You guys need to stop thinking and acting like we still live in the stone age.

Fashola is the governor of Lagos state and he's not running  anywhere, he'll be here to attend to their allegations when  the time comes. In civilized societies, they don't discuss and defend allegations on the side walk, they do it in the court of law under oath.

It's very disappointing looking at people talking about democracy, but they still reason undemocratically. Some of us are not matured or ready to toe the true lines of democracy.

We still have scream Ole, shower with petrol and kill, no freeking due process or any kind civilized sense of jurisprudence. 

Doe's the phrase anything you say can be used against you in a court of law mean anything to you? Fashola is a lawyer, not your average pepper soup honorable.

EFCC already looked in Fashola's wardrobe, his personal account and everything Fashola and found nothing illegal or incriminating.

Don't we all know EFCC has the best financial forensic in Africa, if EFCC didn't find anything, what is the legislature going to find?

"Now that the EFCC came and found nothing illegal or criminal as they x-rayed Fashola's office, and having found nothing incriminating in his political wardrobe, the project of making Lagos a new mega city should proceed unabated. Lagosians should continue to lend their support. EFCC members must have felt grossly disappointed as they flip through Fashola's wardrobes recently finding nothing incriminating . There is no doubt that this action could have been politically motivated.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002251301.html

I strongly suggest you read the article, it's not written by Babapupa and I have tons of similar ones like that, just let me know if you need more.

Obviously, decades of lousy and autocratic governance have screwed us up in the head that we don't even thing straight and rational no more.
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by gbengapro: 8:15am On Feb 26, 2010
Babapupa, your logic is upside down and you are obviously an old fool. A group has come out to petition the house that Fashola embezzled public funds and he went to court (using a proxy) to stop further investigation by the house, he has not deemed it fit to explain to the public and anoher group came it with more revelations.

What do you expect us members of the public to belief? Do you want us to continue singing his praise and glorifying him? Please dont treat us like fools.

I predict Fashola will eventually be impeached by the house because he is dining with the devil with a short spoon. Those who ride at the back of the tiger will soon end up in its stomach
Re: Anti-Fashola Campaign On Nairaland: Could It Be Sponsored? by babapupa: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
gbengapro:

Babapupa, your logic is upside down and you are obviously an old fool.  A group has come out to petition the house that Fashola embezzled public funds and he went to court (using a proxy) to stop further investigation by the house, he has not deemed it fit to explain to the public and anoher group came it with more revelations. 

What do you expect us members of the public to belief? Do you want us to continue singing his praise and glorifying him?  Please dont treat us like fools.

I predict Fashola will eventually be impeached by the house because he is dining with the devil with a short spoon.  Those who ride at the back of the tiger will soon end up in its stomach

Mr superb logic, do you and your group have any proof/evidence that he embezzled money besides insinuations? 

If yes, then put up or shut up.

The yeye group didn't say anything about embezzlement, but trust disgruntled bad bele people on NL to add their own jara.

You people are getting comical by the minute.

Fashola don't own you jacks!.s!hit till you and your silly group show proof of wrong doing in a court of law. Till then, find something better to do with your time.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Literally Have No Clue What Currency Is / Pdp Signs N11.5b Contract For Secretariat Complex / Nigeria Arrest Ogbulafor Now, Says Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.