Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria (50319 Views)

Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / Father’s Reaction To His Daughter Choosing A Black Man For Prom / Oyinbo Husband Caught Wife In Bed With Another Man & Took Picture For Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Royalfurnitures: 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
How strIght herlegs are, how prsgty she is, etc

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by chatinent: 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
Interesting15:

You know?

You know it's a Bible verse, and you tagged it an Igbo proverb?
There exist an adage about it in Iboland.
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by larrybabanla(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2017
A liability can be an asset in the long run embarassed
vizkiz:
Biggest mistake; Marrying a liability.

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
You have good points here but sometimes not all marriage work d same way. What works for marriage A might be a disaster to marriage B.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by nairanaira12: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
chatinent:

Origin: http://chatinent.com.ng/index.php?act=ST&f=31&t=347&st=0#entry654

Where she comes from really matters a lot
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by ashjay001(m): 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2017
menxer:
You would never know you made a mistake until the the result is out.

I object, that saying, "he who finds a wife has found a good thing..." is not an Igbo proverb but Bible verse.

U marry a good wife, u're happy

U marry badly, and u become a philosopher!

Seems u're a very good philosopher! grin

6 Likes

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
TINALETC3:
If u really wnt 2 d attitude of ur partner, 4get abt d way he or she treats u in particular, focus on hw he or she relates wt her family , frnds and neighbors, mind u, she has bin wt dose pple even b4 she met u so, Wateva attitude she dishes out 2 dem is d "real her", no pretence.
2.once in awhile, pay her family home a visit and wen u do, secretly focus on d mother, watch how she treats her husband, ladies most times, treats dia hubby exactly d same way dia mom treated dia dad. Al D same, u cn neva no her 100% bt jst try
so much sense in what you just dished out ✓✓✓✓

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by oglalasioux(m): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2017
Marriage, like religion, is a fraud. No matter how you chose, (you can employ the nonexistent gods to help you choose), the dreaded cheating will happen. Prepare to live with it or don't marry.
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
mccoy47:
May God protect us from karashikas angry
Big Amen to that, they are so many of them out there.
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
Evaberry:

Many women pretend during courtship and that's part of the reason why marriages are breaking up.

Nobody is perfect but pick someone you know will never hide anything from you.

when looks and a sexy body fade what will make her attractive to you?

Think about that.

How do you know someone that will never hide anything from you ?
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by menxer: 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2017
ashjay001:

U marry a good wife, u're happy

U marry badly, and u become a philosopher!

Seems u're a very good philosopher! grin
Hahahaha

You almost had me.

I AM...
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Goldfaze1: 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
menxer:
You would never know you made a mistake until the the result is out.

I object, that saying, "he who finds a wife has found a good thing..." is not an Igbo proverb but Bible verse.
the writer is a Muslim he doesn't know Bible verses.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Bowwow11(m): 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
may God guide our part in choosing our live partner
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by menxer: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
Goldfaze1:
That is your opinion.
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
Even those Davido strippers still hope for a "God fearing" decent man. Lubbish!

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
ayam not undersitting
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Chiboi404: 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
All d good girls have gone bad my own wife is still unborn am waiting to take her up and train her to my taste lollllz plenty coperate olosho in the school of marriage with evil heart
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by StarUp: 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
MARRIAGE 101​

MARRIAGE is like a shoe. When you wear oversize be ready to drag it along through out life, and when you wear under-size be ready to feel the pains through out life." One thing about marriage is that you don't drop your shoe or remove it at any point, no matter how painful or how stressful it is.

That is why I thought it necessary to write you this letter.

Dear Singles,
When you are ready to buy your own shoe please take note of these three things:

1. PHYSICAL APPEARANCE : Do not look for the beautiful ones, the nice ones or the cheap ones. Look for the one that is your size. Not every handsome, wealthy or intelligent guy is for you, not every beautiful woman is for you. Look for the one that is meant for you, the one that aligns with your values and belief, the one who you meet at your life's journey. It is important to know where you're going in life before you think of getting a wife.

2. POSITION: All sizes of shoes are not placed in the same place.
There is a place for court shoes, laced up shoes, sport footwear, snickers etc. We have Children sizes, young people's sizes and the adult sizes. Know where to get your own shoe. Your size cannot be everywhere my brother, your type cannot be everywhere my sister. You cannot be a Christian, and be looking for a wife material at a club. Your wife or husband can't just be everywhere.

Stick to your values and therein you shall find someone like you, but when your values are not defined anyone can just match you. Discover yourself and define your values

3. PERCEPTIONS: In this kind of shoe purchasing enterprise, you are not permitted to try the shoe before you buy. This is why it is important to seek guidance and counseling, from people who have bought shoes before or are into the business of directing people to the right shoes (pastors, marriage counsellors and Relationship coaches).
And most importantly to avoid much time wasting, simply consult the shoe manufacturer to tell you your size (Almighty God).

"You do not prepare for wedding, you prepare for marriage."

Ladies these days get so motivated when they attend wedding and they will quickly want to say yes to that guy. Wait!!! It is not just the wedding oh. The wedding is just one day. After the wedding WHAT NEXT?

Finally, it is not something you rush to the market and just pick a shoe because you like or can purchase it.
Ask questions

-Where is this shoe made from? (Background)

-What's the size (Values)

-How much (His/Her interest)

-How long will it last (His/Her Character)

-Who made it? (Is she/He of the same faith This is compatibility)

-Will it match me? (This is whether he/she love you and will

accept you the way you are)

Dear one, remember many are dragging their foot and they
would hardly reach their destinies, many are feeling endless pains and wish he could pull off the shoes but no way!!! I have seen people with beautiful shoes and when they show you their foot, you will see scars. Beloved, it is not about the physical, it is the size, you can't know the size from afar so come close, build a relationship first but remember 'you are not permitted to try it before you buy it'.
And for those who have purchased the wrong shoes, you can still make it your size again if you'd consult the manufacturer and let Him have His way in your marriage.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by chatinent: 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
Goldfaze1:
There are many writers using the 'Chatinent' handler.
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Afhounja(m): 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria

How to avoid these mistakes
: do not marry.

Problem solved.

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by millionboi(m): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by inno87(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
goingape1:
I keep my stand with number 3 undecided

any woman who is not a virgin is a useless woman and deserve a useless Man!

a woman will open her shiit hole for someone preek to enter sometime in her life and you want me to go that same shiit hole? undecided

I rather have my package new than to use an second hand product.

as for the question you ask "who then will marry the one you deflower" of cause some stvpid idiot will marry your waste product!
chai dearis God oo
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by muller101(m): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
Stop getting married
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by brain54(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
chatinent:
I know. Thanks for reading.
you didn't know that...you clearly stated it as an Igbo saying...
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by stevecantrell: 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
with blaqcoffee109 can i ever make a mistake ?
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by chatinent: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
brain54:

you didn't know that...you clearly stated it as an Igbo saying...
The discretion is mine, its origin is the holy scriptures, however, to look traditional, I directed it this way. Thanks for reading.
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by sandland: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
LordKO:
@op

Your number one point made you to appear parochial. Being a nightclub goer (I hold no brief for the addicted one's though) doesn't make one irresponsible. Also, one's persona (dressing sense, not holding brief for people that goes around naked) shouldn't be a yardstick to ascertain one's nobility. Attributes (good or bad) always lies beneath persona. So, your number point is invalid.

On your second point, believe you me, the importance of physical beauty can never be undermined - by the way beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and of course, the eyes must eat and feel filled up first before the stomach. My point here is that beauty is as important as good attributes when choosing a wife, this will always ensure sustainable loyalty. I don't see the good in a woman that has good attributes but repulses me physically.

About your number 4, even though it's not a bad idea to go down to a lady's hometown to inquire about her before making a final decision, yet, you shouldn't forget that people do change either for good or bad. Therefore, personally, I would rather make my decision based on a lady's current attitudes than how good or bad she was said to be from her hometown.

Your number 5, 6 and 7 are on point. Only feeble-minded people allows others - parents in particular or other people in general - to decide a fate for them. Actually, it takes a conscientious person to live life at the periphery of conventionalism.

From my own perspective, the easiest way to choose the right life partner is for one to achieve self-realization first. When you achieved self-realization, you'll find it easy to understand what constitute the ambiguous word "love" to you and based on that you will lookout for someone that possesses the good physical and innate attributes that made up the constituency. There's always "the right one" for everyone, what's not obtainable is the "perfect one" and no sane person look for that, because perfection is only of the creator of the universe.

Dressing is the most outwards attributes that we see. A girl who keeps her boom open for all to see must accept to be treated as a public property!

Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Chiscomax(m): 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
TINALETC3:
If u really wnt 2 d attitude of ur partner, 4get abt d way he or she treats u in particular, focus on hw he or she relates wt her family , frnds and neighbors, mind u, she has bin wt dose pple even b4 she met u so, Wateva attitude she dishes out 2 dem is d "real her", no pretence.
2.once in awhile, pay her family home a visit and wen u do, secretly focus on d mother, watch how she treats her husband, ladies most times, treats dia hubby exactly d same way dia mom treated dia dad. Al D same, u cn neva no her 100% bt jst try

u ve marriage experience bro. how many times ve u been married?
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Jhamzy(m): 11:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
TINALETC3:
God bless you my dear!
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 09, 2017
stevecantrell:
with blaqcoffee109 can i ever make a mistake ?
...what can i say?
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by Dangerousboy(m): 12:40am On Sep 09, 2017
The Igbo people say: 'he who finds a wife has found a good thing; Thats from the bible not igbo people
Re: Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 1:55am On Sep 09, 2017
All sales are final.
No refund after payment.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Some assembly required.

People date for 5 years, get married and divorce after one year. What happened?

Marriage is not for everyone.
/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life / Man Sent Away From Home For Demanding Too Much Sex / Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.