Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: (987 Views)

12 Months Hospitality And Tourism Management Program / Hospitality And Tourism Management A Good Course???? / Opportunities In Tourism & Hospitality In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: by mendo90(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
am a young man of 19yrs of age, i was granted admission to study hospitality and tourism managment,but my father says he wuld wnt me to be a banker or nothing, pls is any thing wrong wit the course,i nid ur advise on wht to tel my father about dis course, am nt ready to write any exam again, plss help me
Re: My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: by afrobaby(f): 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2010
What u av to know first is why u really want to study the course, the labour market is highly competitive now that u cant just go for any course without knowing what it entails, so understand what the course is first then try and see why u shud go for the course and not the one dad wants u to study
Re: My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
@poster
lets be real man, is this 9ja you are talking about?! you are not asking the right question here because what YOU want is unimportant to 9ja folks, the important question IS:
- WHO IS PAYING FOR YOUR EDUCATION?
- WHO IS PAYING THE RENT OR OWN THE HOUSE WHERE YOU RESIDE?
- CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF WITHOUT YOUR FATHERS "HELP"?

we all know that its best to study something that you enjoy doing and that you are passionate about but unfortunately thats for people living "in the real word"!!!!
Re: My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: by Jcob(m): 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2010
You can only make the right decision. Whatever you plan to do, remember you will live to enjoy it or face the consequences. Your father wont be with you forever !
Re: My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: by justright1: 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hospitality management is a very lucrative course. You can either be on your own or be employed. I advice you discuss with your dad and try to make him see reasons why you prefer this course. It's your life.
Re: My Father Dnt Wnt Me To Study Hospitality Nd Tourism Management: by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
Talk to your Dad. Let him know what your plans are with H&T. I’m sure he’s just looking out for your best interests, but he cannot force you to do something you don’t want to do, especially with something as important as a career. If you do, you will not have the motivation…i.e. when it comes to studying. And when there’s no motivation, you will not do well. You’ve to go where your heart is. But at the same time, you’ve to be realistic with your goals. Do your research and make sure you know what you're getting into. MrBrownJay also asked some good questions. Anyways, whatever you decide, good luck. Hope you and your Dad are able to come to a kind of compromise and understanding.

(1) (Reply)

Project Management, Ideas/advises Needed / Career In The Brewing Industry / Got A Job In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.