Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? (21927 Views)

A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Never Date At Your Place Of Work / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by enabledgoddess(f): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
what are the rules? what makes them difficult to keep ? I think the school is moving up to a new standard, and if you can't keep up then you should leave . you sound like a mediocre who is scared of growth and change. I know the new codes of conduct won't be to witch hunt anyone, rather to build professionally . you write poorly for a teacher ; go for a career switch and save our education

8 Likes

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by bedspread: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
Make ur decision known to the authority relating wat u can do and wat u cant...

But if u don't have faith don't do oooo
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by IYANGBALI: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2017
I search google to see whether the sack go reach you,google talk sey na next week you go collect your sack letter. Congratulations in advance grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by emerich(m): 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lots of grammatical blunders in your write-up and wrong punctuation as well, coming from a teacher'..... Not impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by udemzyudex(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hmmm,i thought they said we are out of recession?

Op, I'll advice you use your free time to learn a skill or how to do trade. This will will help, in case you get sack, and don't have anything to do yet.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by luminouz(m): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
meelerh:
Hustle and open your school...Goodluck
I see u my sister!! grin
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by AuroraB(f): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Them for give you your own since you don initially vex say dem no give you grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by tolexy123: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
Halo22:
I received a great trauma yesterday when i watched about 45% of my fellow teachers received they sack letter. At first I taught it was going to be mere talk by the new director of the school, who happens to be the daughter of the owner of the school. Lo and behold the reality took place yesterday.

Up till now, i have not recovered from the shock as most of the sacked fellows were very to the proprietress. First they said there would be a re-interview and a kind of verification. Then after, we were told to return later the result.

I arrived a little bit late to the venue for the meeting and i met the director sharing a brown envelopes to the bearers. I thought it was cash prize and asked for mine, but they told me my name was not among, i was lost. when i realized what was going on was when i glanced at my colleagues own . and the content briefly.

Now my problem is that they issued a new code of conduct, which most of them as far as am concerned, are like threats and stringent rules and am sure i cannot keep to them.

So dudes, what do you suggest i should do?
This your bad English can even get you sacked right now grin

2 Likes

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by limitless777(m): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Vivly:
I hope you don't teach English Language to those innocent pupils

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
The peak of SAVAGERY.

BUT my thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by limitless777(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
Don't worry, God will hear your cry and give you another job....

BUT he has not been SENT packing now.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by obidevine(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
Vivly:

You're a bad person, for asking this question grin

1 Like

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by CosmeticChemist(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2017
limitless777:

BUT he has not been SENT packing now.
He doesn't need to be sacked before getting a better job.

1 Like

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by JesuEruOluwa: 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2017
Halo22:
I received a great trauma yesterday when i watched about 45% of my fellow teachers received they sack letter. At first I taught it was going to be mere talk by the new director of the school, who happens to be the daughter of the owner of the school. Lo and behold the reality took place yesterday.

Up till now, i have not recovered from the shock as most of the sacked fellows were very to the proprietress. First they said there would be a re-interview and a kind of verification. Then after, we were told to return later the result.

I arrived a little bit late to the venue for the meeting and i met the director sharing a brown envelopes to the bearers. I th[b]ought it was cash prize and asked for mine, but they told me my name was not amon[/b]g, i was lost. when i realized what was going on was when i glanced at my colleagues own . and the content briefly.

Now my problem is that they issued a new code of conduct, which most of them as far as am concerned, are like threats and stringent rules and am sure i cannot keep to them.

May God be with you
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by ValeRider(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2017
Vivly:

Abi oh.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by handsomebanana(m): 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ontshafega:
Work is not a doe or die. If you can't cope, quite.

U got a problem wit d letter "E"?

5 Likes

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by SenorFax(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
No idea

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by royalamour(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2017
chidichuddo:
and one stupid girl is calling me all sort of names cos I'm saving should incase I loose my job,

#savesavesave

Next time use either "should" or "in case". It is wrong to use them together.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by expensiveguyman(m): 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2017
I understand ur state of panic, bcoz even d man piloting d affairs of our dear nation is very confuse right now.

As things stand now nobody is sure of anything, neither is anyone safe in anything in Nigeria right now.

Sorry for telling you that but am just being honest.

In other words Op, as a teacher I think ur English should be much better than ds grin
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Fourwinds: 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
Halo22:

I arrived a little bit late to the venue for the meeting and i met the director sharing a brown envelopes to the bearers. I thought it was cash prize and asked for mine, but they told me my name was not among, i was lost. when i realized what was going on was when i glanced at my colleagues own . and the content briefly.

Is it in Lagos
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by hardbody: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
Halo22:

In your first line you wrote you taught, instead of you thought, do you seriously think you should be retained?

I stopped reading from that point, by the way.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by lereinter(m): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ontshafega:
Work is not a doe or die. If you can't cope, quite.

quit
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Halo22: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
hardbody:

In your first line you wrote you taught, instead of you thought, do you seriously think you should be retained?

I stopped reading from that point, by the way.
oh that was a typographic error. pls bear with me.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by 400billionman: 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
1983/1984 REMIX.
Nigerians no dey hear word..
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Halo22: 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
tolexy123:
This your bad English can even get you sacked right now grin
Can you pls ignore my typing error and get my point. I am not that perfect, I admit that.

1 Like

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by tolexy123: 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2017
Halo22:
Can you pls ignore my typing error and get my point. I am not that perfect, I admit that.
You are covered wink
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by pb99: 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Just be careful to observe the new rules while you're still there,I'm sure sth good will come out from it.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Halo22: 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2017
[quote author=Vivly post=60298519]I hope you don't teach English Language to those innocent pupils[/quote No I don't.....pardon my mistakes, i was still undergoing the trauma when writing. Pls try and engage me in an interactive session some other time and see my strength academically, even though am science inclined.
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Halo22: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
Vivly:
Pls pardon my error. I was still under trauma while writing. You may engage me in an interactive session anytime, so you will confirm my strength academically. Though am science inclined, but am sure am not downstairs when it comes to grammar
Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by osazsky(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2017
your English teacher Bleep up big Tyne.I swear

1 Like

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by Halo22: 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
hardywaltz:
Are you sure you teach in a school coz it was quite difficult reading and understanding ur grammar
You should go back to SS1 and learn to understand. Even though I had some few errors in that write up, but am sure my points were clear.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? by mike4real2(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Change is real.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur / Is This Modern Day Slavery Or Forced Labour? / Justice For Sacked Glo Women Protest In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.