Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? (870 Views)

Ambazonia And Biafra: Same Goal, Different Method / What The FG Knows About IPOB And Biafra / Israel And Biafra Alliance: The Tsunami That Is Hitting A Rickety Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Abduljabbar1313(m): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE INITIAL IDEOLOGY OF BOKO HARAM AND BIAFRA?

The word "Boko Haram" literally means western education is forbidden. The ideology was nursed by late Muhammad Yusuf, an Islamic Scholar based in Maiduguri, Borno state.
This Islamic Scholar who taught in Islamic school during his life time, had a look at the application of Islamic law in the then sokoto caliphate during the precolonial era and what is obtainable under the Nigeria constitution in the present day Nigeria.As there are a number of constitutional provisions under the Nigeria law that are contrary to Islamic Law. eg aspostacy, so also Muslims every where in the world like to be governed by the holy Quran as against the Constitution, which is often associated with lacunas here and there.
Based on these factors this group of Muslims began to agitate for a sovereign Islamic state within the 12 Northern states that implemented shariah in the year 2000.
When this man (Muhammad Yusuf) started to invite Muslims and other Islamic Scholars to subscribed to this ideology, he succeeded in persuading some, while some rejected it vehemently. Particularly, sheik Ja'afar Kano who agreed with his reasonings, but based on logistics urged him to drop that idea because the man didn't have what it takes to fight with the Nigeria government. The man insisted on the agitation and ignored the advice given to him by his fellow Islamic scholars. Along the line he mobilized his followers and began the struggle in which majority of the Muslims in the North were happy as they are not happy with the present system, full of corruption which they believe, if Had pushiment will be melted on the corrupt politicians in Nigeria, life would have been better.
As the struggle continues, it was hijacked by unknown individuals, things started to get out of control, churches and mosques were bombarded. The people in the North got confused as to what these people really want. As they began to do things which are unislamic in nature. The Northern populace therefore withdrew their support and condemned their activities. Subsequently, the United States of America declared them terrorist and backed the Nigeria government to fight them!
When we come down to the issue of the sovereign State of Biafra being agitated by a young man called Maazi Nmandi Kanu. He too, had a look at pre colonial era of the hitherto Nigerian society, claiming that before the advent of colonial masters he had nothing to do with a person living in the sokoto caliphate, as the country we see today as Nigeria is man made, it was not made by God, as he can tell people the second, minute, hour, day, month and year in which the British imperialists amalgamated the Northern and Southern protectorates to become a country known as Nigeria today. He further stated that, it's only God that makes country, and since he was born as a Biafra, why would a man from sokoto whom he has nothing in common with, continue to exercise dominion over him, As such he wants be free from the zoo he was kept by the British imperialists, Hence, his struggle for independent state of Biafra.
The arguments of this young man seems to be tenable, but my fear is that, if along the line of this agitation, some groups of people hijacked it into something else the agitation will also be treated as something else by the Nigeria government, as the word " TERRORISTS' is not only ascribed to Islamic state agitators. Any group of agitators who engage in terrorists activities can be declared as terrorists group. The implication of such doing is known to everyone. That is to say their blood shed will not be considered as genocide!
During this sallah break, I was opportuned to have a brief discussion with a military officer who serves in porthacourt, being the state I want serve my mother land, Nigeria. I asked him about the issue of Biafra. He said: they don't have the strength to fight with the Nigeria government, that all they need is for the Nigeria government to declare them terrorists just like Boko Haram, and they will send 1000 troops for the first time, if they could not suppress them or the troops were killed another one thousand soldiers will also be sent just as they have being doing for Boko Haram!
Therefore, my brothers and sisters in the struggle of Biafra, I urge you to adhere to the advice of late Ojukwu who is proud of leading the first one, but said: he doesn't think if the second one is necessary.

For comment and observation reach me through my email address below :
abduljabbar01313@gmail.com

Written by Mustapha Abduljabbar a member of Mu farka matasan Arewa Association

Dated 8 of September 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by attackgat: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2017
The stand if IPOB is a non violent one. What they are seeking is a referendum in the lower Benue and SE/SS area with the exception of Edo state.

So far, IPOB have not killed anyone or turned violent. It is actually IPOB that have been shot and killed and all manner of violence dished out on them by the security agencies of Nigeria just excercising their contitutional right to peaceful agitation.

8 Likes

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
Abduljabbar1313:
[s]IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE INITIAL IDEOLOGY OF BOKO HARAM AND BIAFRA?

The word "Boko Haram" literally means western education is forbidden. The ideology was nursed by late Muhammad Yusuf, an Islamic Scholar based in Maiduguri, Borno state.
This Islamic Scholar who taught in Islamic school during his life time, had a look at the application of Islamic law in the then sokoto caliphate during the precolonial era and what is obtainable under the Nigeria constitution in the present day Nigeria.As there are a number of constitutional provisions under the Nigeria law that are contrary to Islamic Law. eg aspostacy, so also Muslims every where in the world like to be governed by the holy Quran as against the Constitution, which is often associated with lacunas here and there.
Based on these factors this group of Muslims began to agitate for a sovereign Islamic state within the 12 Northern states that implemented shariah in the year 2000.
When this man (Muhammad Yusuf) started to invite Muslims and other Islamic Scholars to subscribed to this ideology, he succeeded in persuading some, while some rejected it vehemently. Particularly, sheik Ja'afar Kano who agreed with his reasonings, but based on logistics urged him to drop that idea because the man didn't have what it takes to fight with the Nigeria government. The man insisted on the agitation and ignored the advice given to him by his fellow Islamic scholars. Along the line he mobilized his followers and began the struggle in which majority of the Muslims in the North were happy as they are not happy with the present system, full of corruption which they believe, if Had pushiment will be melted on the corrupt politicians in Nigeria, life would have been better.
As the struggle continues, it was hijacked by unknown individuals, things started to get out of control, churches and mosques were bombarded. The people in the North got confused as to what these people really want. As they began to do things which are unislamic in nature. The Northern populace therefore withdrew their support and condemned their activities. Subsequently, the United States of America declared them terrorist and backed the Nigeria government to fight them!
When we come down to the issue of the sovereign State of Biafra being agitated by a young man called Maazi Nmandi Kanu. He too, had a look at pre colonial era of the hitherto Nigerian society, claiming that before the advent of colonial masters he had nothing to do with a person living in the sokoto caliphate, as the country we see today as Nigeria is man made, it was not made by God, as he can tell people the second, minute, hour, day, month and year in which the British imperialists amalgamated the Northern and Southern protectorates to become a country known as Nigeria today. He further stated that, it's only God that makes country, and since he was born as a Biafra, why would a man from sokoto whom he has nothing in common with, continue to exercise dominion over him, As such he wants be free from the zoo he was kept by the British imperialists, Hence, his struggle for independent state of Biafra.
The arguments of this young man seems to be tenable, but my fear is that, if along the line of this agitation, some groups of people hijacked it into something else the agitation will also be treated as something else by the Nigeria government, as the word " TERRORISTS' is not only ascribed to Islamic state agitators. Any group of agitators who engage in terrorists activities can be declared as terrorists group. The implication of such doing is known to everyone. That is to say their blood shed will not be considered as genocide!
During this sallah break, I was opportuned to have a brief discussion with a military officer who serves in porthacourt, being the state I want serve my mother land, Nigeria. I asked him about the issue of Biafra. He said: they don't have the strength to fight with the Nigeria government, that all they need is for the Nigeria government to declare them terrorists just like Boko Haram, and they will send 1000 troops for the first time, if they could not suppress them or the troops were killed another one thousand soldiers will also be sent just as they have being doing for Boko Haram!
Therefore, my brothers and sisters in the struggle of Biafra, I urge you to adhere to the advice of late Ojukwu who is proud of leading the first one, but said: he doesn't think if the second one is necessary.

For comment and observation reach me through my email address below :
abduljabbar01313@gmail.com

Written by Mustapha Abduljabbar a member of Mu farka matasan Arewa Association

Dated 8 of September 2017[/s]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by kingxsamz(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
hmm
Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by kingxsamz(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
chai
Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by nkwuocha1: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
No!Ipob is not fighting a religious war unlike boko Haram.

Boko Haram- equals Western education is a sin.
Ipob -indigenous people of Biafra.

The first is filled with religious extremists with no regard to human lives, as well as their own lives.While the latter is after a sovereign nation of their own through referendum.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by wakaman: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2017
Kanu
Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Integrityfarms(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Ops juxtaposition of light and darkness is the limit of his rationality

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Cyynthia(f): 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2017
Desperation to level freedom fighters as terrorist should be seen as stupiditty of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by ExpiredNigeria: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
I didn't read the rubbish because the title tells all and from that I can deduce you're illiterate foo.l to liken Boko Haram terrorists to IPOB separatists

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by SalamRushdie: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2017
When I said most northerners support Boko Haram it looked like I was lying but can you all can now see how this hausa op is confessing

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Joshuasaintiago: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
YES BOKO HARAM IS /WAS NOT ASKING FOR REFRENDUM, BOKO HARAM WITH SLIGHTEST PROVOCATION BOOM, BOKO HARAM, START BOMBING CHRISTIAN, RELIGION BASE JIHAD.......

I GAVE THIS SPACE CAUSE IPOB CANT BE ON SAME SENTENCE WITH THEM,

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Omeokachie: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
Is there any difference between Buhari's ideology and those of Fulani herdsmen?

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by anibi9674: 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
ok.
Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by ayagha: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Common, this is a silly question to ask. How can you compare terrorists with a group of people advocating for country of their own. With tribalism driven argument like this, Nigeria will never grow.FYI I'm not Igbo

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Nemesis1: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
One and the same, when you have a cult of brainwashed followers they tend to messup

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Ogbeide85(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2017
IPOB ideology is different from boko haram. Their mission is to have their sovereign nation call Biafra. What is boko haram mission and why are they killing innocent souls in the name of religion?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2017
IPOB's ideology is different from BH. But the threat they present to the FRN is "exactly" the same.

Hence IPOB and Boko Haram should be treated similarly. Like rabid dogs who need to be hunted down and shot! angry
Re: Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? by 989900: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hijacked ideology by crazies is the OP's drift.

Who can guarantee IPOB won't go the way of ISIS, Al Qaeda, or BH, IRRA (Ireland), BLA (Pakistan), ATTF (India) and many more of similar history in Ukraine, Colombia, Nepal, China, Korea, the Philippines, etc.?

They all started as ignorable threats!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Trouble Looms For Senator Melaye As INEC Releases New Timetable For Hi / Nnamdi Kanu Is The Most Popular Person In West Africa Today. / Biafra Joke: A Tale Of Two Kanus By Okey Bakassi The Other News (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.