Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? (4229 Views)

Historical Perspective Of Hatred Between Igbo And Yoruba / Why Is There Hatred Between Yorubas & Igbos? / Historical Perspective Of Hatred Between Yorubas & Igbos (Very Historic Piece) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by pazienza(m): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
obailala:
@Pazienza, stop flattering yourself with this empty talk; you are the one being mischievous and dishonest for attempting to twist a known fact. Oh yes! MASSOB and ((even ipob) existed before 2015, but that does not change the fact that 99%% of Ipob members of today only declared their allegiance to Kanu and ipob after 2015 elections.

Regarding the Yoruba vs Igbo feud, it's also been in existence for decades, but the magnitude of the feud exploded after 2015 elections also....

How exactly is this true!
Are you okay at all?

One moment you are talking about SE, the next you are talking about IPOB and MASSOB like they both don't represent SE.

The bone of contention is if Biafra agitation had been on and strong in SE before and during GEJ regime . And the answer is YES!

Between 2012-2014 was a transition period for the Biafran struggle. Uwazuruike couldn't maintain the momentum he started with in 1999-2007, he was compromised by Nigeria after his incarceration and derailed the struggle a bit, as it lost its steam. And then as is bound to be in nature, Uwazuruike lost his place, and was gradually replaced by Kanu between 2012-2015 who breathed New life into the struggle.
And just like the early years of Uwazuruike was strong( remember his legendary tuzzle with ObJ regime) , the early years of Kanu had been strong too.

But unlike Uwazuruike, Kanu came out of incarceration stronger, he had refused to compromise the struggle, unlike Uwazuruike, he had sustained his early momentum and this had translated to where we are today.

The Igbo Yoruba feud didn't explode. We just got tired of being at the receiving end of their hate for us, because of our Biafra ideology, and had decided to return hate for hate. This had changed things.

5 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by obailala(m): 12:32am On Sep 12, 2017
pazienza:

How exactly is this true!
Are you okay at all?

One moment you are talking about SE, the next you are talking about IPOB and MASSOB like they both don't represent SE.

The bone of contention is if Biafra agitation had been on and strong in SE before and during GEJ regime . And the answer is YES!

Between 2012-2014 was a transition period for the Biafran struggle. Uwazuruike couldn't maintain the momentum he started with in 1999-2007, he was compromised by Nigeria after his incarceration and derailed the struggle a bit, as it lost its steam. And then as is bound to be in nature, Uwazuruike lost his place, and was gradually replaced by Kanu between 2012-2015 who breathed New life into the struggle.
And just like the early years of Uwazuruike was strong( remember his legendary tuzzle with ObJ regime) , the early years of Kanu had been strong too.

But unlike Uwazuruike, Kanu came out of incarceration stronger, he had refused to compromise the struggle, unlike Uwazuruike, he had sustained his early momentum and this had translated to where we are today.

The Igbo Yoruba feud didn't explode. We just got tired of being at the receiving end of their hate for us, because of our Biafra ideology, and had decided to return hate for hate. This had changed things.
Mr Man, you aren't talking to a child and neither are you talking to a non-Nigerian that is oblivious of happenings in Nigeria; stop trying to twist obvious facts. Even toddlers know that there was a massive explosion in the Biafran agitations following the events of the 2015 elections and similarly, the tribal feud in Nigeria exploded following that election. I'm not sure if it's comprehension of my English language that's your problem.

I'm not down to argue any of these obvious facts with anyone cos it's pointless and a waste of my time. If you want to keep deceiving yourself or living in ridiculous denial, then feel free to keep pleasing yourself and leave me out of it.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by pazienza(m): 12:45am On Sep 12, 2017
obailala:
Mr Man, you aren't talking to a child and neither are you talking to a non-Nigerian that is oblivious of happenings in Nigeria; stop trying to twist obvious facts. Even toddlers know that there was a massive explosion in the Biafran agitations following the events of the 2015 elections and similarly, the tribal feud in Nigeria exploded following that election. I'm not sure if it's comprehension of my English language that's your problem.

I'm not down to argue any of these obvious facts with anyone cos it's pointless and a waste of my time. If you want to keep deceiving yourself or living in ridiculous denial, then feel free to keep pleasing yourself and leave me out of it.

There are no facts to argue. You are pulling things from thin air and labelling them as facts.

Whatever IPOB is doing today, whatever support they are pulling in Igboland today, Uwazuruike and MASSOB had done same, and that was even before GEJ ventured into national politics.

If we are to take you and your fellow clowns serious, the emergence of Uwazuruike in 2000, can as well be attributed to a reaction to Ndiigbo and Ekwueme losing out on the presidency to OBJ.

#Anakogheli

6 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by obailala(m): 1:01am On Sep 12, 2017
pazienza:

There are no facts to argue. You are pulling things from thin air and labelling them as facts.

Whatever IPOB is doing today, whatever support they are pulling in Igboland today, Uwazuruike and MASSOB had done same, and that was even before GEJ ventured into national politics.

If we are to take you and your fellow clowns serious, the emergence of Uwazuruike in 2000, can as well be attributed to a reaction to Ndiigbo and Ekwueme losing out on the presidency to OBJ.

#Anakogheli
How many supporters did ipob have prior to 2015 elections compared to present day??... How many rallies did ipob have prior to 2015 elections?.... How many people heard of Nnamdi Kanu prior to 2015 elections?... Okay lets assume MASSOB was the main group before now, how many supporters did MASSOB have prior to 2015 compared to present day?... Keep coughing out nonsense arguments from your anus because you think you are talking to a child, noro ebe ahu n'akogheri ka onye nzuzu ibu. angry

#Iberiberism

4 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by raumdeuter: 3:03am On Sep 12, 2017
All the TAN agents became IPOB

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by raumdeuter: 3:18am On Sep 12, 2017
Vikky014:
keep it up dear. GEJ TILL 2019 OR DEY GIVE US BIAFRA

luggy:
buhari is a bokoo haram, buhari is an old man., let he go And rest, GEJ tilly 2019, or BIAFRA

Akamaramma:
Nothing consigns me for voting to some one since I was born, but this time around I must vote for GEJ, he is my choice and with my prayer he must wine in JESUS NAME Amen.

UP GEJ Till 2019 if not BIAFRA will go before that 2019, but mind you that my people must go one day.

https://www.nairaland.com/1965713/ss-seif-nigeria-divides-today
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by pazienza(m): 6:53am On Sep 12, 2017
obailala:
How many supporters did ipob have prior to 2015 elections compared to present day??... How many rallies did ipob have prior to 2015 elections?.... How many people heard of Nnamdi Kanu prior to 2015 elections?... Okay lets assume MASSOB was the main group before now, how many supporters did MASSOB have prior to 2015 compared to present day?... Keep coughing out nonsense arguments from your anus because you think you are talking to a child, noro ebe ahu n'akogheri ka onye nzuzu ibu. angry

#Iberiberism

I wouldn't know how many members IPOB had, before or after 2015 as I'm not a member nor do I have the stats . But I do know that MASSOB had a massive fellowership ship in the East between 1999-2007, it was so massive that they were able to bring many Igbo Controlled Nigerian markets trading activities to a halt with their sit at home orders which was obeyed all over the SE and beyond, they had so much control that OBJ considered them a national threat and sought to shut them down and curb their activities, culminating in their leader arrest.

With the death of MASSOB, natural osmosis took place, many of their members became IPOB members, and IPOB number increased , also with the aid of the social media and radio station, both of which MASSOB never had much access to, remember that a Biafran group during GEJ era were caught trying to hijack Enugu state radio station to broadcast their Biafra message and reach more audience.

IPOB was able to reach out to more Igbo youths and deliver their messages faster, using radio and social media. No Biafran group ever had such.

The social media also gave them visible presence that MASSOB never had, it made conducting of rallies more efficient and easier and put them more on the news.
Ofcourse, Buhari actions, encouraged by incompetent and narrow minded advisers such as your ilk, only succeeded in making IPOB more popular, and attracted more members for them.

These are things a person with brain cells would understand.
But I understand it's a big ask, asking a jellyfish to understand them.
It's easier to blame GEJ for every problem on earth.

Umuaka ka di gi nma. Ibu ozu nwulu awu na-esigbu ora. Ifere megbu kwa gi ebe afu, nkapi.

3 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by attackgat: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2017
When it comes to Yorubas, most tribes in the south including us Igbo have learnt that Yorubas are acolytes of the North.

Yorubas will sell Southern Nigeria down the River in their desperate attempt to please their Northern Lords.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Michael004: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2017
greatCharley:

I have observed the rubbish you say on this platform for a while, I conclude that you are either a kid or you are an educated fool. did APC play opposition politics quietly? and calling Igbo's pigs sounds ironical, when we know the real dirty tribe. you people defeated Jonathan with politics of hate, but now that the same is hunting you, you want to cry down the heavens
So you believe igbo are pigs too? Shame on you. When you say you know the real dirty tribe, who are now the real dirty tribe? Cos the last time I checked world health organisation WHO statistics of most dirtiest state in the world, three states from Nigeria from a region were mentioned and they were shamed as the world dirtiest states. Can you also tell us here that WHO are lying?

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Michael004: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2017
[s]
attackgat:
When it comes to Yorubas, most tribes in the south including us Igbo have learnt that Yorubas are acolytes of the North.

Yorubas will sell Southern Nigeria down the River in their desperate attempt to please their Northern Lords.
[/s]Change this your 1870 music. Nobody listens to it again.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by obailala(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2017
pazienza:

I wouldn't know how many members IPOB had, before or after 2015 as I'm not a member nor do I have the stats . But I do know that MASSOB had a massive fellowership ship in the East between 1999-2007, it was so massive that they were able to bring many Igbo Controlled Nigerian markets trading activities to a halt with their sit at home orders which was obeyed all over the SE and beyond, they had so much control that OBJ considered them a national threat and sought to shut them down and curb their activities, culminating in their leader arrest.

With the death of MASSOB, natural osmosis took place, many of their members became IPOB members, and IPOB number increased , also with the aid of the social media and radio station, both of which MASSOB never had much access to, remember that a Biafran group during GEJ era were caught trying to hijack Enugu state radio station to broadcast their Biafra message and reach more audience.

IPOB was able to reach out to more Igbo youths and deliver their messages faster, using radio and social media. No Biafran group ever had such.

The social media also gave them visible presence that MASSOB never had, it made conducting of rallies more efficient and easier and put them more on the news.
Ofcourse, Buhari actions, encouraged by incompetent and narrow minded advisers such as your ilk, only succeeded in making IPOB more popular, and attracted more members for them.

These are things a person with brain cells would understand.
But I understand it's a big ask, asking a jellyfish to understand them.
It's easier to blame GEJ for every problem on earth.

Umuaka ka di gi nma. Ibu ozu nwulu awu na-esigbu ora. Ifere megbu kwa gi ebe afu, nkapi.
Just imagine the reasoning of simeone I've been arguing with?... How on earth did your brain arrive at the conclusion that I was blaming GEJ for Yoruba vs Igbo feud?.... When I said GEJ was the bone of contention, I simply meant that the electioneering process of 2015 incited a lot of bad blood between both tribes thereby escalating an already existing cold war. Like I said before, I am not up here for an argument with anyone over a matter that even toddlers are aware of. For you to even interpret my statement as me blaming GEJ, that speaks volumes about your understanding already.

Guy, I no get your time today abeg.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by tommynico(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2017
It's useless talking to most of you; yorubas are this, igbos are like that, na who those ones help? Can't you all just put those Shit aside for once and focus on the areas where you both have jointly prospered?... Majority of you yorubas have a relation married to an igbo and surely, you have an igbo friend, likewise the igbos having a Yoruba inlaw and many yorubas as friends. If you really want to hate each other, what stops you from starting from them? You igbos especially, you need to change your thinking because it has made a lot of you, especially those from the east so paranoid that all you see is the perceived bad side of all Yoruba which have made u all to generalize your opinion about us, but the truth is that, such thoughts only make you forget the bright side of them. Come to think of it, are the igbos any better that the Yorubas in any way?

Even you my Yoruba people, I think we should change and improve our image from what they perceive of us. We made a lot of mistakes in the past which we must correct now but still, I praise you guys for your resilience and perseverance against the hate and insults, not that I support our actions too oo, I only appreciate it that we are enduring. The time is now or never for us to decide which path to thread, I am tired of this country and as such, I want us to actualize the odua nation dream if restructuring is not feasible. Tnx to you all.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by attackgat: 8:02am On Sep 12, 2017
Michael004:
[s][/s]Change this your 1870 music. Nobody listens to it again.

I heard the new track in town is "operation beg the North for restructuring" which was launched in Ibadan last week
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Michael004: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2017
mpianya39:

You mean this..
No, he meant this

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Michael004: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2017
attackgat:

I heard the new track in town is "operation beg the North for restructuring" which was launched in Ibadan last week
What of this title. Operation beg for freedom. Hope you know those who beg for freedom. A characteristic of a typical slave.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by attackgat: 8:14am On Sep 12, 2017
Michael004:
What of this title. Operation beg for freedom. Hope you know those who beg for freedom. A characteristic of a typical slave.

Its better to beg for freedom which is one agenda than to

beg the North for restructuring

Beg the East for ONE NIGERIA

Beg the South for Oil

Next, you people will be begging your selves in the west about which method of begging is the best.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Michael004: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2017
MasterKim:

Lol.
Unity begging, we have wema bank, we have odua group amongst the rest.
U don't av anytin apart from ipob and ohaneeze. U can't create a country without adding Niger delta, u can't make it untill u come to d west. No better school until u school in d west.
If u no build house for west, u neva build anything.
If u neva rent house for west, u neva achieve anything.
If u neva carry ur ugwu, gala, fanyogo, aboniki, bread come sell for Lagos Ibadan express, ur life neva settle.

So who is now begging for unity
You dey mind that kid. The same people that complain how people don't go to their land is talking about unity begging hahahahaha. Igbo people reasoning just weak me.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by pazienza(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2017
attackgat:

Beg the South for Oil

Next, you people will be begging your selves in the west about which method of begging is the best.

. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Michael004: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2017
attackgat:

Beg the South for Oil

Which east if I may ask, the one in Pluto or the one in Mars. You people are the same people crying day and night about how we don't come to your barren land hehehehe. You can't succeed in that God forsaken land without running to west. It is like begging European to come to Africa. If someone even won beg, na barren people of barren land e go come be hahahahaha. Tufiakwa. You can't do thing without attaching south south. You just want to take them by firs by force, even begging delta that never be part of you in the beginning when the whole world knows they are from western region. Forcing them now turn you people to laughing stuck. Shame on you people awe. Do you know that for every one westerner going to your land, there are 500 of you trouping to west through young shall grow hehehe. If you doubt, go and check statistics.

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by introvertedsoul: 9:03am On Sep 12, 2017
No explanation necessary.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by ofai: 9:36am On Sep 12, 2017
Michael004:
Which east if I may ask, the one in Pluto or the one in Mars. You people are the same people crying day and night about how we don't come to your barren land hehehehe. You can't succeed in that God forsaken land without running to west. It is like begging European to come to Africa. If someone even won beg, na barren people of barren land e go come be hahahahaha. Tufiakwa. You can't do thing without attaching south south. You just want to take them by firs by force, even begging delta that never be part of you in the beginning when the whole world knows they are from western region. Forcing them now turn you people to laughing stuck. Shame on you people awe. Do you know that for every one westerner going to your land, there are 500 of you trouping to west through young shall grow hehehe. If you doubt, go and check statistics.

So who has been more patriotic and adventurous, igbo or Yoruba? This lazy yorubas think Igbo took over Lagos on a platter of gold. Why not go down east and compete just as igbos are doing in Lagos? Lazy and fearful Bleep
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by wristbangle: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2017
obailala:
Jonathan Goodluck is the bone of contention. Yorubas and Igbos have always had a cold war, but the current escalation is just a creation of the 2015 elections. A lot of Igbos who supported GEJ passionately still feel deeply pained over his election loss and they harbour great contempt against Yorubas for daring to choose APC/Buhari over PDP/GEJ.

Too bad that a simple election has had this much effect on the psyche of many...

The bolded fuelled the current brawl between Igbos and Yorubas

1 Like

Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by kozmicity: 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Anticabal:

Lies, Before Kanu's rise...

Your Oba threatened to kill Igbo.

You opened radio chanji to spread hate.

You wicked dying dullard called us 'dogs and baboons'.

Your wicked dying dullard made hateful speeches that caused the killing of thousand of us in the north because he lost an election.

You started an 'Igbo must go' protest in lagos.

You defended your hateful Oba and said he can not apologize.

You defended the 5%er comment made by your dullard-in-chief.

I am an Igbo from Rivers and since you hate Igbos, I hate you too with even greater passion. It is not illegal to do so.

May God continue to bless Igboland with men like Kanu.
That's the problem with y'all...you always see Nnamdi Kqnu as a blessing...you never see him for what he truly is...

A CURSE!!!
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Anticabal: 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
kozmicity:
[s]
That's the problem with y'all...you always see Nnamdi Kqnu as a blessing...you never see him for what he truly is...

A CURSE!!![/s]

Kanu is a 'curse' to...

corrupt status quo zoogerianists

evil supporters of marginalization

Jihadists

Fulani herdsmen

Ritualistic yoruba mozzlems slaves of the caliphate

Sai Dullardeens

Political jobbers

BMC zombies

Evil anti-Igbo charlatans

Ewedu-Abooki hybrids

Where do you belong? cheesy
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by kozmicity: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
Anticabal:

Kanu is a 'curse' to...

corrupt status quo zoogerianists

evil supporters of marginalization

Jihadists

Fulani herdsmen

Ritualistic yoruba mozzlems slaves of the caliphate

Sai Dullardeens

Political jobbers

BMC zombies

Evil anti-Igbo charlatans

Ewedu-Abooki hybrids

Where do you belong? cheesy

I his want make Una go...me wan be halfcast
I belong to the Nnamdi must stop nonsense group... tongue
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by Michael004: 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2017
ofai:

So who has been more patriotic and adventurous, igbo or Yoruba? This lazy yorubas think Igbo took over Lagos on a platter of gold. Why not go down east and compete just as igbos are doing in Lagos? Lazy and fearful Bleep
My comment pain you hehehe. I will rather die in UK than telling my enemy to go to east. Go over the world and see my people. East my ass. What are they doing there.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by rlauncher(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Hahaha. I thought they said the recession was caused by drop in oil prices. Which one we go take?

Meanwhile they are now blaming the Chinese and Russians for drop in income from fishes.

You are suc h a dishonest person.

Tell me , if Jonathan and his surrogates didn't empty our treasury and savings, this government would have had something to fall back upon. But , alas they met an empty treasury , depleted savings and huge debts. All these despite huge dollar earnings from oil sales.
Re: On What Basis Is The New Profound Hatred Between The Yorubas And The Igbos? by rlauncher(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2017
obailala:

#Iberiberism

They did not complain before 2015 election. Why now I wonder o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DJ Switch And Her Lies Before The Canadian Parliament. / Twitter Users Mock Sanwo Olu As He Begins To Visit Churches Ahead Of Election / Why Peter Obi Was Arrested, Detained And Deported From UK - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.