Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer (608 Views)

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by apogeez(m): 7:32am On Sep 10, 2017
Am confuse about this passage in the Bible Mathew 18:20
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the middle of them"

So my question is this doesn't that means that if am praying alone that God doesn't answer it

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by Ever8054: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2017
OK..,you don't understand the passage...gathering and praying are two different things.
Re: Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2017
Everything bout the bible is confusing bruh..

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by CAPSLOCKED: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2017

HUNDREDS HAVE GATHERED IN HIS NAME AND HE LET THEM DOWN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by segunojo866: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2017
uzoclinton:
Everything bout the bible is confusing bruh..
The Bible is hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by bedspread: 9:42am On Sep 10, 2017
apogeez:
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the middle of them"

So my question is this doesn't that means that if am praying alone that God doesn't answer it
GOD ANSWERS
Read Psalm 50:15
Re: Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Feb 27
apogeez:
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the middle of them" So my question is this doesn't that means that if am praying alone that God doesn't answer it
That statement does not pertain to prayer at all but to the bearing of witness as far the veracity of a claim is concerned. There are similar laws contained in the Old Law of Moses. undecided
2 “You might hear about an evil thing that happens in one of the cities that the Lord your God is giving you. You might hear that a man or woman in your group has sinned against the Lord your God. You might hear that they have broken his agreement or
3 that they have worshiped other gods or maybe the sun, the moon or the stars. I never told you to do that!
4 If you hear bad news like this, you must check it carefully. You must learn if it is true that this terrible thing has really happened in Israel. If you prove that it is true,
5 you must punish the person who did this evil thing. You must take that man or woman out to a public place near the city gates and kill them with stones.
6 But no one should be punished with death if only one witness says that person did that evil thing. [b]But if two or three witnesses say it is true, the person must be killed. [/b]
7 The witnesses must throw the first stones to kill that person. Then the other people should throw stones to finish killing that person. In this way, you will remove this evil from your group. - Deuteronomy 17 vs 2 - 7
15 “If someone is accused of doing something against the law, one witness is not enough to prove that the person is guilty. There must be two or three witnesses to prove that the person really did wrong.
16 “A witness might try to hurt another person by lying and saying that this person did wrong.
17 If that happens, both of them must go to the Lord’s special house and be judged by the priests and judges who are on duty at that time.
18 When the judges carefully ask their questions, they might find that the witness lied against the other person. If the witnesses tell lies,
19 you must punish them with the same punishment the other person would have received. In this way you will remove this evil from your group.
20 Other people will hear about this and be afraid, and people will not do evil things like that again.
21 “Don’t feel sorry about punishing someone who does wrong. If a life is taken, a life must be paid for it. The rule is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot—the punishment must equal the crime. - Deuteronomy 18 vs 15 - 21
Bearing of witness to that which of God and ensuring that falsehood is not introduced using the name of God has nothing to do with prayer. undecided
Re: Does It Mean That God Don't Answer One Person Prayer by Kobojunkie: 1:10am On Mar 01
Ever8054:
OK..,you don't understand the passage...gathering and praying are two different things.
It also has nothing to do with the gatherings in your churches at all.. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Countering-muslim-claims-episode-5: Did-muhammad-perform-miracles / Bizarre Art! Locals Outraged As ‘crucified Cow’ Is Erected At Center Of Catholic / The Lying Spirit Of Islam. Rebecca Is 3yr Old At The Time Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.