Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price (20682 Views)

Woman Disrupts Wedding In Zambian Catholic Church; Claims Groom Is Her Husband / COVID-19 Taskforce Disrupts Wedding In Cross River. Guests Run / Ishaq Akintola Shuns Daughter’s Wedding Reception Over Wasteful Spending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by steveyoungwealth: 7:19am On Sep 11, 2017
undecided
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by njideoby(f): 7:20am On Sep 11, 2017
He had enough money to organise a wedding ceremony and probably a posh reception, but refused to complete his bride price and buy the would be father in- law his promised cloth?
VERDICT:
That young man is a crook, he want to chance the old man by paying half. Traditionally, he's not yet married to the girl until all requirements are settled, so baba is right... no wedding!!!
Once that wedding is over, the remaining balance of the bride price has entered voice mail.

2 Likes

Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 11, 2017
grin
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by campbelljosh(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2017
If you are broke having a wedding party is not what to think about. I hope the guy learnt something but the bride's father is stupid sha
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by ebilomaofficial1: 7:25am On Sep 11, 2017
Before unko,you don't have money for bride price and but you want to marry, are you a thief?
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by BlueMountain1(m): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2017
The groom still had an outstanding C500:00 bride token to settle, yet he planned a lavish wedding. Nobody should start a marriage on a foundation of falsehood. That can annul the whole process.

1 Like

Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by unitysheart(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2017
heykims:
The church should have verified that d pride price had been paid either before or during d holy matrimony..
U don't join couples with outstanding bride price

You are a joke. Lolz.
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by 9jaBloke: 7:37am On Sep 11, 2017
I always thought that men do not pay bride price in Ghana. I learnt it is the woman that marries the man and the man will have to change his surname. i.e polyandry.

Ghanaians on this forum pls clarify.
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by missyadorable(f): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2017
Nigerian men find it offensive when their prospective in-laws demand that bride price be paid before they whisk away their daughter in marriage BUT same men will make sure bride price and everything in the list is paid completely if the bride to be is their sister!

Nigerian men find it offensive,tag them "greedy,desperate,not a wife material" if their regular girlfriends of many years begs for 5000 Naira to make her hair after spending the weekend,cooking,washing,cleaning his house and warming his bed BUT will gladly spend 50,000 Naira on a prostitute they don't know in a hotel

Nigerian men want their wives to be to cook a pot of soup with 500 Naira but they spend more than 5000 Naira drinking beer with friends in a bar

When a lady leaves a struggling,Never do well,No future ambition guy for a well to do,bright future guy,Nigerian men are quick to label her "Gold digger" but when their sister does same,its the Lord's doing

Nigerian men will abuse,insult a lady who is above 28 and single for being choosy yet blame the same lady if she goes on to marry a wicked man who maltreats her and maybe,beats her to death

Nigerian men will hail a white lady who starts conversation with them on social media and agrees to date them,spending her money to travel miles to visit BUT will insult a Nigerian lady who attempts same,calling her "cheap and desperate"

Nigerian men all want to marry virgins but they can't do relationship without sex.Some of them comfortably defile underage girls and see nothing wrong with that.

If a Nigerian man asks you out on a date,if he pays all the bill,you are greedy,wretched,hungry.If you decide to go dutch and pay for what you consumed,then you are arrogant,showing off that you have money.

Nigerian men all over social media say they want independent working class ladies but they are afraid of such ladies in real life.

If you are a broke lady,Nigerian men will abuse you
If you are a rich lady,Nigerian men will insult you.

Nigerian men have double standards!

1 Like

Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by richidinho(m): 7:44am On Sep 11, 2017
ekemcy:
This is serious,So he did not want to pay bride price...Abeg who does dat?

Ekemini
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by freshvine(f): 8:29am On Sep 11, 2017
Foolish groom. How do you intend marrying a lady without the blessing of the parent. Anuofia
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by colossus91(m): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2017
imo especially mbaise pipu will do same!! grin
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by colossus91(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2017
missyadorable:
Nigerian men find it offensive when their prospective in-laws demand that bride price be paid before they whisk away their daughter in marriage BUT same men will make sure bride price and everything in the list is paid completely if the bride to be is their sister!

Nigerian men find it offensive,tag them "greedy,desperate,not a wife material" if their regular girlfriends of many years begs for 5000 Naira to make her hair after spending the weekend,cooking,washing,cleaning his house and warming his bed BUT will gladly spend 50,000 Naira on a prostitute they don't know in a hotel

Nigerian men want their wives to be to cook a pot of soup with 500 Naira but they spend more than 5000 Naira drinking beer with friends in a bar

When a lady leaves a struggling,Never do well,No future ambition guy for a well to do,bright future guy,Nigerian men are quick to label her "Gold digger" but when their sister does same,its the Lord's doing

Nigerian men will abuse,insult a lady who is above 28 and single for being choosy yet blame the same lady if she goes on to marry a wicked man who maltreats her and maybe,beats her to death

Nigerian men will hail a white lady who starts conversation with them on social media and agrees to date them,spending her money to travel miles to visit BUT will insult a Nigerian lady who attempts same,calling her "cheap and desperate"

Nigerian men all want to marry virgins but they can't do relationship without sex.Some of them comfortably defile underage girls and see nothing wrong with that.

If a Nigerian man asks you out on a date,if he pays all the bill,you are greedy,wretched,hungry.If you decide to go dutch and pay for what you consumed,then you are arrogant,showing off that you have money.

Nigerian men all over social media say they want independent working class ladies but they are afraid of such ladies in real life.

If you are a broke lady,Nigerian men will abuse you
If you are a rich lady,Nigerian men will insult you.

Nigerian men have double standards!

not Nigerian men ma,am a Nigerian i dont drink beer,i dnt even eat outside nor club,my gf is the best woman av seen in my life beautiful and understanding,love her crazily!!! pls dont judge alll as a result of few met pls thanks God bless u ma!!

1 Like

Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by iamord(m): 8:56am On Sep 11, 2017
9jaBloke:
I always thought that men do not pay bride price in Ghana. I learnt it is the woman that marries the man and the man will have to change his surname. i.e polyandry.

the story is as real as India beating nigeria 100-1
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by Lilyomi2: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2017
9jaBloke:

Lol! It is not true. Men pay bride price or token
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by mechanics(m): 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
hmm, the groom no try o.
Re: Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price by wowmagonline: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
You gave me this big list and you expect me to pay. I am not marrying again oooo
Make ulna help me tell am abeg
https://www.immigratefly.xyz/2022/04/bride-price-list-in-ghanatraditional.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Different Color Combos For Your Wedding Inspiration (lots Of Pictures) / Photos Of Calabar Dry Run Carnival Today / The Maiden Akwa Ibom Ukapisua Street Groove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.