Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? (11382 Views)

Poll: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark?

Yes: 45% (33 votes)
No: 54% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 26, 2010
well tribal marks should be stop in Nigeria less liking it. This practice is common among the yoruba clan, making the face weird looking expecially the giant marks.
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Armenian: 12:25am On Feb 27, 2010
Dont have any.

some tribal marks are terrible!!!! like a tiger attacked someone's face.
There are some cute ones though (mercy johnson and ini).

I dont think children are given tribal marks these days as more people are learned now and
see it as facial mutilation.
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by whiteroses(f): 12:34am On Feb 27, 2010
she eyin owala  feron ila amuni buni ti baba yin ati iya yin ko si yin loju. eya fi amo re ti eba n wa ise ni ilu canada
orisirishii ila ni owa ni ile yooba::
1. irun mu olongbo
2. iyana ipaja
3. gbagi relay
4. rerin muse
5. one one
^
MU tire ninu awon list yen ma she tiju nitori emi no wala amo bebere idi mi ni owa ati l'ori oyan mi skontolo
grin grin
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by mafioso2(m): 12:49am On Feb 27, 2010
whiteroses:

she eyin owala  feron ila amuni buni ti baba yin ati iya yin ko si yin loju. eya fi amo re ti eba n wa ise ni ilu canada
1. irun mu olongbo
2. iyana ipaja
3. gbagi relay
4. rerin muse
5. one one
^
MU tire ninu awon list yen ma she tiju nitori emi no wala amo bebere idi mi ni owa ati l'ori oyan mi skontolo
grin grin

and wtf is that? undecided
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 27, 2010
whiteroses:

1. irun mu olongbo
2. iyana ipaja
3. gbagi relay
4. rerin muse
5. one one
^
grin grin
grin
You're wicked
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:52am On Feb 27, 2010
lol i don't have any. not too deep about the igbo culture, but do igbos even have tribal marks?
THANK GOD i don't have any though, wouldn't want those.
 tongue
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by chamotex(m): 12:56am On Feb 27, 2010
whiteroses:

1. irun mu olongbo
2. iyana ipaja
3. gbagi relay
4. rerin muse
5. one one
^
grin grin

evidence please angry angry
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by collinx(m): 1:00am On Feb 27, 2010
Time for you to think home .
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Krayola(m): 2:04am On Feb 27, 2010
I've read some posts In which some males called tribal marks barbaric or abusive etc etc. I'm just wandering if any of them happens to be circumcised, and how barbaric or abusive they think that process is.

@op. Im sure there are women out there that won't be bothered by them. Goodluck
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by bawomolo(m): 2:12am On Feb 27, 2010
interesting comment about circumcision. the procedure is pretty much cosmetic these days. i personally won't want foreskin nor would i want tribal marks.

should circumcision be left to the male to decide when he is older?
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Borat1: 2:26am On Feb 27, 2010
I'm sure if anyone had a choice as a child, he/she will reject being carved up
Its not cool looking at all. . .
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by 3ndy(f): 3:07am On Feb 27, 2010
ain't got none, sorry, but no, i wouldn't be proud of it coz i see no reasons y my parents should cut d hell outta me when i couldn't even sit on my own,
and moreover it's a bad scar on a face,
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Tattooboy: 4:55am On Feb 27, 2010
Tribal marks? Lol! I dont av any but honestly i ain't like it
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by sley4life(m): 5:55am On Feb 27, 2010
wat is there to b proud. Abolish such evil act
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by sley4life(m): 6:06am On Feb 27, 2010
oyo n ogbomosho people shuld stop this. why do they behave like cave men/women given tribal mark to their kids. They spoil the beauty of d kids n make them look like terrorist
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by sley4life(m): 6:11am On Feb 27, 2010
i knw oyo n ogbomosho memb would vote multiple time. Thats y kids cry wen de see them
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by chiogo(f): 6:21am On Feb 27, 2010
Krayola:

I've read some posts In which some males called tribal marks barbaric or abusive etc etc. I'm just wandering if any of them happens to be circumcised, and how barbaric or abusive they think that process is.

@op. Im sure there are women out there that won't be bothered by them. Goodluck
Hmm. Good point.

Well, guess it's all about what the society considers "nice looking" these days.

@topic, As for me, I don't have those, wouldn't want it any other way either. cool
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 27, 2010
whiteroses:

1. irun mu olongbo
2. iyana ipaja
3. gbagi relay
4. rerin muse
5. one one
^
grin grin

Omo bawo lose ri idi joko nigba ti osese wa ila na ?
Se okunrin lo wa ila naa? To baje Okunrin ni baba nla igbadun niyen fun grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 27, 2010
@poster can I see ur face maybe my grandma fit manage u,
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 27, 2010
Can't even think about puting it on my dad's killer's face angry
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by sistajay(f): 7:51am On Feb 27, 2010
Such Act should be abolished, don't care to know the significant of this evil act.
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by GL(f): 8:04am On Feb 27, 2010
mafioso2:

You know there is alittle difference between the yoruba culture and Binis, BUT OUR MARKS NO WOWO LIKE THE ONES WEY I SEE NOW SHA, LOL

i didn't even know that Binis have tribal marks. i unconsciously touched my cheeks upon reading your post  grin

THE AMAKA:

lol i don't have any. not too deep about the igbo culture, but do igbos even have tribal marks?
THANK GOD i don't have any though, wouldn't want those.
 tongue

yes, some igbos do. but they are usually small, vertical, barely visible marks.
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 27, 2010
whiteroses:

1. irun mu olongbo
2. iyana ipaja
3. gbagi relay
4. rerin muse
5. one one
^
grin grin
@topic--victims of this act should sue their parents for body damage.@ whiteroses**mi like gbogbo effizi to n jami si yi but anyways mo wish lati ri ila idi e yen ati tiri oyan e yen
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by SmashingM(f): 9:03am On Feb 27, 2010
Do they still do those?
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by zeedee(f): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2010
People should let their children get to an age whereby they can rationally choose whether or not they want these tribal marks.

It's as good as child abuse!
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by noblegas2(m): 10:28am On Feb 27, 2010
@ Topic, Yes!
Dnt gives a phuck wat anybody thinks.i av a number 11 mark on ma face n jst lyk Mcdonalds, "i'm luving it"
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2010
Any way! I thanked GOD I DONT HAVE 1. Cos i would have hate myself. As young pple who had it are nt pleased with their tribal mark.
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by grandstar(m): 11:34am On Feb 27, 2010
Tribal marks are old fashioned and they have no place in the 21st century.

It is unfair to the kids and can lead to them being ostracised.

And to make matters worse, girls are at even worse disadvantage!  I an igbo man taking an ibadan lady home to his family with those marks. They'll freak!!

I saw a woman from the middle belt with 3 short tribal marks strating from the tips of the mouth and they were grotesque. I would never marry such a lady. And you know what, she was over 30years and still single.
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by SwtzMinx(f): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2010
.d0n't have.
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by mafioso2(m): 11:56am On Feb 27, 2010
GL:

i didn't even know that Binis have tribal marks. i unconsciously touched my cheeks upon reading your post  grin

yes, some igbos do. but they are usually small, vertical, barely visible marks.

lol, now that you know what are you going to do grin

For me Am proud of my Marks(he who is not proud of his colour is not fit to live)
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by dmxqo(m): 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2010
I use to have one small tribal mark. Now, i have 3! Got them frm an accident, yet am proud of them all!
Re: Are You Proud Of Your Tribal Mark? by mufasa(m): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
Saw this nice slim girl a couple of weeks back, but on looking at her face the 2 vertical marks on her face.
Each was a length of about 5cm, width of 0.5cm , depth of 0.5cm. You could put a stick of Consulate in It and the thing will blend in.
I remember when my Maternal Grandpa died in the 80s and my mum was taking us for the burial paroles, my Dad left a standing order that we should not be marked or else hell will break loose and this was my dad who had small 1-1 mark on his face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whats The Eglish Meaning Of Ekule / Can I Learn Esan? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.