Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. (5443 Views)

FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen / Nnamdi Kanu Spotted Celebrating Catalan Independence 2017 B / Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 7:45am On Sep 11, 2017
This is just a concise and simple truth as to why biafra will never happen.... Biafra has been an agenda of few men that is fueled by greed and dangerous motives. BIAFRA is not and was never the will of the people from the east,, it was an idea fueled from greed by ojukwu and now Nnamdi kanu..and this idea was forced upon to the gullible people of the east, and they took the bait...Catalan independence that is currently trending in spain was started by the people, online poll shows that about 80% of catalans wants independence,, they dont need a man like Nnamdi kanu before they protest, unlike in NIGERIA where majority of easterners dont even care of biafra,, all they need is for the federal government to represent their region well in Abuja...A biafra by Nnamdi kanu forced upon by gullible easterners will not hold....Biafra can only succeed if it indeed comes from the heart of 80% of easterners.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by madridguy(m): 7:46am On Sep 11, 2017
tongue
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 7:46am On Sep 11, 2017
cc mynd44 lalasticlala seun
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Cyynthia(f): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
[s]This is just a concise and simple truth as to why biafra will never happen.... Biafra has been an agenda of few men that is fueled by greed and dangerous motives. BIAFRA is not and was never the will of the people from the east,, it was an idea fueled from greed by ojukwu and now Nnamdi kanu..and this idea was forced upon to the gullible people of the east, and they took the bait...Catalan independence that is currently trending in spain was started by the people, online poll shows that about 80% of catalans wants independence,, they dont need a man like Nnamdi kanu before they protest, unlike in NIGERIA where majority of easterners dont even care of biafra,, all they need is for the federal government to represent their region well in Abuja...A biafra by Nnamdi kanu forced upon by gullible easterners will not hold....Biafra can only succeed if it indeed comes from the heart of 80% of easterners. [/s]
We have bigger issue bothering us here.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by attackgat: 7:55am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
This is just a concise and simple truth as to why biafra will never happen.... Biafra has been an agenda of few men that is fueled by greed and dangerous motives. BIAFRA is not and was never the will of the people from the east,, it was an idea fueled from greed by ojukwu and now Nnamdi kanu..and this idea was forced upon to the gullible people of the east, and they took the bait...Catalan independence that is currently trending in spain was started by the people, online pool shows that about 80% of catalans wants independence,, they dont need a man like Nnamdi kanu before they protest, unlike in NIGERIA where majority of easterners dont even care of biafra,, all they need is for the federal government to represent their region well in Abuja...A biafra by Nnamdi kanu forced upon by gullible easterners will not hold....Biafra can only succeed if it indeed comes from the heart of 80% of easterners.

So why is everybody afraid of referendum? By the way, how did Kanu, who is just one man, manage to force millions to accept Biafra?

At least Biafra is an idea, an ideology and an agitation. Nigeria was never any of the 3 but a mere colonial contraption foisted on the people by imperialists

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2017
attackgat:

So why is everybody afraid of referendum? By the way, how did Kanu, who is just one man, manage to force millions to accept Biafra?

At least Biafra is an idea, an ideology and an agitation. Nigeria was never any of the 3 but a mere colonial contraption foisted on the people by imperialists
Read inbetween the lines,,,Easterners dont need biafra, biafra is an idea fueled by dangerous motives...The people should not give in to Nnamdi kanu.. there are other ways to develop the east than biafra...Nnamdi kanu, just like ojukwu and few other men are snakes and enemies of a true easterner.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by kitaatita: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2017
I agree that feeling the impact of governance will douse the clamour for secession. You are also right that greed is fueling the agitation. I see Biafra as the military wing of PDP. Those who are financing Biafran agitation do not want secession. They will not want to leave their investments in Abuja and Lagos; their hotels and oil tankfarms and importation business. They don't want to leave their political offices in the National Assembly. They just want to destabilize the present administration so that they can come back to mainstream government and continue plundering the nation

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 8:02am On Sep 11, 2017
Cyynthia:

We have bigger issue bothering us here.
Funny you... The yorubas that i know are more intelligent and well cultured than to be agitating for oduduwa or whareva republic... stop being naive and misled by greedy men... NIGERIA will not seperate.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 8:09am On Sep 11, 2017
kitaatita:
I agree that feeling the impact of governance will douse the clamour for secession. You are also right that greed is fueling the agitation. I see Biafra as the military wing of PDP. Those who are financing Biafran agitation do not want secession. They will not want to leave their investments in Abuja and Lagos; their hotels and oil tankfarms and importation business. The don't want to leave their political offices in the National Assembly. They just want to destabilize the present administration so that they can come back to mainstream government and continue plundering the nation
You have said it all. "I dont know why some people are too gullible as to want to put their life on the line, all in the name of protesting for an agenda by greedy men who dont care about them... ATleast any human is suppose to know, when being misled.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by kitaatita: 8:12am On Sep 11, 2017
attackgat:

I like the ideological aspect of Biafra. Can you imagine a Biafra week where people from the old Eastern Region return home for weeklong activities of lecture, film shows, symposia, parades and lectures? It should be a period to ask questions; about the three R and its implementation, to talk about marginalization and restructuring. Can you imagine a Biafra Day with a National Public Holiday. Biafra Day is more relevant to Nigerians than May 29 or June 12. Biafra Day is accorded lesser respect because of people like Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB renegades who spew insults and threats. I would want the President involved in Biafra Day. That is my own Biafra.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by ApexPredator: 8:13am On Sep 11, 2017
No crime in self delusion. Some of you on this website will live to witness the glorious exodus of Igbo people from this failed colonial plantation.

20 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by thesicilian: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2017
I am not an Easterner, but I can't help but notice the flaw in OP's argument. He quoted an exact figure - 80% - for those in support of the Catalan independence but when he comes to Biafra, he confidently says "majority" are not in support. Was there any poll, online or otherwise, that brought about this conclusion?

27 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by megacity: 8:18am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
This is just a concise and simple truth as to why biafra will never happen.... Biafra has been an agenda of few men that is fueled by greed and dangerous motives. BIAFRA is not and was never the will of the people from the east,, it was an idea fueled from greed by ojukwu and now Nnamdi kanu..and this idea was forced upon to the gullible people of the east, and they took the bait...Catalan independence that is currently trending in spain was started by the people, online poll shows that about 80% of catalans wants independence,, they dont need a man like Nnamdi kanu before they protest, unlike in NIGERIA where majority of easterners dont even care of biafra,, all they need is for the federal government to represent their region well in Abuja...A biafra by Nnamdi kanu forced upon by gullible easterners will not hold....Biafra can only succeed if it indeed comes from the heart of 80% of easterners.

Sorry you are just plain stewpid

14 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 8:18am On Sep 11, 2017
kitaatita:

I like the ideological aspect of Biafra. Can you imagine a Biafra week where people from the old Eastern Region return home for weeklong activities of lecture, film shows, symposia, parades and lectures? It should be a period to ask questions; about the three R and its implementation, to talk about marginalization and restructuring. Can you imagine a Biafra Day with a National Public Holiday. Biafra Day is more relevant to Nigerians than May 29 or June 12. Biafra Day is accorded lesser respect because of people like Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB renegades who spew insults and threats. I would want the President involved in Biafra Day. That is my own Biafra.
hmmm you make sense,, there can actually be biafra day with one NIGERIA..

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
T[s]his is just a concise and simple truth as to why biafra will never happen.... Biafra has been an agenda of few men that is fueled by greed and dangerous motives. BIAFRA is not and was never the will of the people from the east,, it was an idea fueled from greed by ojukwu and now Nnamdi kanu..and this idea was forced upon to the gullible people of the east, and they took the bait...Catalan independence that is currently trending in spain was started by the people, online poll shows that about 80% of catalans wants independence,, they dont need a man like Nnamdi kanu before they protest, unlike in NIGERIA where majority of easterners dont even care of biafra,, all they need is for the federal government to represent their region well in Abuja...A biafra by Nnamdi kanu forced upon by gullible easterners will not hold....Biafra can only succeed if it indeed comes from the heart of 80% of easterners.[/s]

19 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2017
ApexPredator:
No crime in self delusion. Some of you on this website will live to witness the glorious exodus of Igbo people from this failed colonial plantation.
There is nothing like exodus of igbo people... what we have is gullible Nnamdi kanu followers, i am glad educated and well travled igbos dont support biafra.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by attackgat: 8:35am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Read inbetween the lines,,,Easterners dont need biafra, biafra is an idea fueled by dangerous motives...The people should not give in to Nnamdi kanu.. there are other ways to develop the east than biafra...Nnamdi kanu, just like ojukwu and few other men are snakes and enemies of a true easterner.

Which idea made you a Nigerian? Dont you see that as a Nigerian, you are much worse than Kanu? At least Kanu is asking for a referendum so that the people can decide if they want Biafra or not, which is democratic.

But your Nigeria was created by and is been kept together by force of arms which is much worse than the way Kanu wants Biafra to comme.

As a Nigerian, you are nothing more than a British colonial product.

The motivation for Biafra is freedom. It is time for the Igbo nation and the minorities who comfortable with us, to be independent. If there are no minorities that are comfortable with us, we go it alone.

Gambia is just 1.8 million people, not even up to the population of the city of Onitsha, but Gambia is a sovereign nation. The Igbo nation should be independent. Let the Abakiliki man develop his limestone, let the Ezza/Izzi man develop his agriculture, let the Nnewi man develop his auto-mobile industry, let the Aguleri/Otu ocha man develop his Oil, let the Enugu man develop his coal etc

We have to start thinking bigger than Nigeria but we must first start by being and independent nation.

18 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by CaptainGOOD: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2017
thesicilian:
I am not an Easterner, but I can't help but notice the flaw in OP's argument. He quoted an exact figure - 80% - for those in support of the Catalan independence but when he comes to Biafra, he confidently says "majority" are not in support. Was there any poll, online or otherwise, that brought about this conclusion?

Lol i wanted to say it..until i read down and saw ur comments.
its funny....Some1 who lacks the brain capability to argue with facts Wil just wake up and start typing trash!

9 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2017
@attackgat you still do not get my point,, biafra is not from the heart of the people, for the fact that the people failed to develop their natural resources or products like you said and i quote "let Enugu develop her coal" is not a reason to seperate, you made mention of gambia but you fail to realise that USA is great today because of her diversity and large population... Nobody will stop ABIA or Enugu from developing their products just as washington wont stop california from developing her products..

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2017
thesicilian:
Then why are the easterners in lagos and abuja giving a deaf ear to the agitation? why are igbo speaking states like anambra not part of biafra?.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by amjoseph19: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Then why are the easterners in lagos and abuja giving a deaf ear to the agitation? why are igbo speaking states like anambra not part of biafra?.
This one of those people who claim to be educated.
Product of a quota system. I believe you are from yobe state.

10 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by attackgat: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
@attackgat you still do not get my point,, biafra is not from the heart of the people, for the fact that the people failed to develop their natural resources or products like you said and i quote "let Enugu develop her coal" is not a reason to seperate, you made mention of gambia but you fail to realise that USA is great today because of her diversity and large population... Nobody will stop ABIA or Enugu from developing their products just as washington wont stop california from developing her products..

What do yoy mean Biafra is not from the hearts of the people? Are you in the hearts of the people? If you really care about what is in the hearts of the people,
, support a referendum like Kanu let the people speak for themselves. If Igbos vote by a majority to remain part of Nigeria, the issue of Biafra will die forever.

Diversity and population does not mean anything if the country is not working as a nation. Switzerland has a population of just 8 million people but has a bigger GDP than Nigeria. Belgium is just 10 million people but is richer than Nigeria.

Nigeria is stopping the Igbo nation because the coal in Enugu and the limestone in Abakiliki is not under the Igbo nation, it is under the Nigerian ministry of solid minerals.

The Oil and Gas in places like Ohaji, Aguleri, Ukwa is under NNPC. The Coal in Enugu is under Nigerian Coal Corporation. Igbo land does not control its resources because we are under Nigeria. Nigeri decide what we use, when and how.

It is time for the Igbo nation to be independent and manage its self outside Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2017
amjoseph19:

This one of those people who claim to be educated.
Product of a quota system. I believe you are from yobe state.
what has that got to do with my post?
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by hollah123: 9:43am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Funny you... The yorubas that i know are more intelligent and well cultured than to be agitating for oduduwa or whareva republic... stop being naive and misled by greedy men... NIGERIA will not seperate.
my guy God bless you, these igbo people think Yoruba's can b fooled the way they are being cajoled everyday without thinking it is aftermath of pdp loss. I even hear say one yeye boy wey dey call himself adeyinka grandson dey talk rubbish. I just laugh in swahili
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:

You've literally just picked one random country to use an example. Why not use India (before partition) as an example? Also, who told you that the majority of Igbos want to stay in Nigeria? I will tell you for a fact that the majority of Igbos in the East support Biafra and the majority of those outside of the East either strongly support Biafra or could easily be swayed to due to the actions of the Buhari administration. Buhari truly is IPOB's biggest asset.

14 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 9:49am On Sep 11, 2017
hollah123:
my guy God bless you, these igbo people think Yoruba's can b fooled the way they are being cajoled everyday without thinking it is aftermath of pdp loss. I even hear say one yeye boy wey dey call himself adeyinka grandson dey talk rubbish. I just laugh in swahili
Exactly, how can group of greedy men deceive a whole tribe into doing their bidding? These igbos are only good in shouting biafra online but in reality they dont want seperation... I pity the ones with hungry stomachs thats on the street protesting, instead of them to be creative and look for something doing, they are protesting on the promises made by greedy politicians.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

You've literally just picked one random country to use an example. Why not use India (before partition) as an example? Also, who told you that the majority of Igbos want to stay in Nigeria? I will tell you for a fact that the majority of Igbos in the East support Biafra and the majority of those outside of the East either strongly support Biafra or could easily be swayed to due to the actions of the Buhari administration. Buhari truly is IPOB's biggest asset.
Then you all should leave lagos, abuja and other non biafra states.. by doing that, we will take you guys serious.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Bede2u(m): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2017
attackgat:

What do yoy mean Biafra is not from the hearts of the people? Are you in the hearts of the people? If you really care about what is in the hearts of the people,
, support a referendum like Kanu let the people speak for themselves. If Igbos vote by a majority to remain part of Nigeria, the issue of Biafra will die forever.

Diversity and population does not mean anything if the country is not working as a nation. Switzerland has a population of just 8 million people but has a bigger GDP than Nigeria. Belgium is just 10 million people but is richer than Nigeria.

Nigeria is stopping the Igbo nation because the coal in Enugu and the limestone in Abakiliki is not under the Igbo nation, it is under the Nigerian ministry of solid minerals.

The Oil and Gas in places like Ohaji, Aguleri, Ukwa is under NNPC. The Coal in Enugu is under Nigerian Coal Corporation. Igbo land does not control its resources because we are under Nigeria. Nigeri decide what we use, when and how.

It is time for the Igbo nation to be independent and manage its self outside Nigeria

You are a very patient person. I like ur posts

8 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by ElsonMorali: 10:06am On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

@bolded, you really believe that? Then I'll say you're gullible. When the quit notice was handed down to you from the north, who do you think cried the loudest? Your people. Come and see high level of lobbying from the East, elders wailing like cry babies. cry

You were given a way out, you started crying. Come, what do you guys really want? Violence? Don't fool yourselves with that handful of skinny guys in black parading as Biafra Security Service. When sh1t hits the fan it'll be every man for himself.

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by GrandGarcon: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2017
kitaatita:

Before Nnamdi kanu, was there any attention paid to May 30? Ever since 1970, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB is the best thing to have happened to Igbos. The so called insults is just the plain truth, but charlatans like you who hate the truth see it as hate speech or insults. But it is 100% truth!

5 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by thesicilian: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
A simple online opinion poll could provide all the answers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget / APC Looses Poll On Its Own Twitter Page / Nigeria Police Execute The Arrested ESN Commander Cut Off His Manhood- Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.