Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! (3692 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / Professor Bose Afolabi Wins $2.5 Million Bill Gates Grant / UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Graypoint: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2017
BETWEEN NEYMAR AND BILL GATES - DON'T BE DECIEVED

Well, it is no longer news that last week Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 the biggest contract ever in the history of world football was signed. Neymar Da Silva Santos Junior officially signed for Paris Saint Germain from Spanish giant Barcelona after they met his buyout clause of €222M. Hours later the news of his weekly earnings of about €515,000 or 248 million naira broke the internet. have made out of it here at home.

Now, if Neymar without a WAEC result (according to those who claim to know) earns 248 million per week, how much does Bill Gates (who actually went as far as Harvard) earn? Mind you, Bill Gates went to school as far as Harvard, the whole talk of him dropping out is widely misrepresented. He didn't drop out because he was not good enough, he didn't drop out because he was irresponsible, in fact he had a meeting with the school authority when it became obvious that he needed more time to work on the Microsoft idea and in his exact words he told the school that he was going on a 'leave of absence' and should return if the idea failed to work as planned. He didn't leave the school empty, he left with the knowledge he had acquired, he left having made friends and built a network of like minds, he left having access to mentors from the school (for me, these are some of the most important reasons of going to university in the first place, and not just for that paper called certificate). With that knowledge and skill acquired directly or indirectly by going to school, Bill Gates was able to build Microsoft and in 2013 he earned 11.5 billion dollars in a single year. That figure would give you 1.38 million dollars per hour. What it means is that the 248 million naira Neymar earns in a week is what Bill Gates earns in 30 minutes.

Don't be deceived.

Why would I rather be a Bill Gates than a Neymar? Why would I rather point my kids to Bill Gates than to Neymar? It is simple. If you go by the figures, you have already seen it above. If you want to look at the future, then you will know that Neymar is 25 today, but will he still be playing football at this level at 35? What if in an unfortunate situation where he breaks his leg tomorrow (no one prays for that, but it does happen), that will be the end of everything, football doesn't even provide for pension or gratuity. But Gates can sleep for the rest of his life and the billions will keep flowing because alert has been set on auto run, he has 'programmed' his business directly into his bank account - with his knowledge (you need education to set up that kind of system). What if you are looking at relevance and significance, how many millionaires have Neymar made or will he ever make in his lifetime? Bill Gates has made 3 billionaires and over 12,000 millionaires.

I asked someone what Neymar will do with this money, and he said Neymar already has a private jet, now is the time to get a yacht and start paying for the penthouse of all the 5-star hotels in the world. Do you think someone who is well schooled will choose to spend the money that way?

Don't be deceived.

Education is still the key, education is still superior, education has birthed technology and technology is where the money is and not football. The most valuable club in the world according to Forbes 2017 rating is Manchester United and they are worth a whopping 3.69 billion dollars to edge both Barcelona and Real Madrid. But how whopping is that compared with the worth of Apple, Google, or Microsoft? In fact the total worth of the top 20 football clubs in the world (including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, PSG, Arsenal, Manchester City, Juventus, Liverpool) is 29.6 billion dollars. Mark Zuckerberg can simply pull out a cheque from his back pocket and buy those 20 clubs without even discussing with the board of Facebook (that sounds like an insult but that is the fact). That is how powerful ideas are, that is how powerful knowledge can be, that is how powerful education can be. What would you rather choose for your child?

Don't be deceived.

The standard of education in Nigeria has dropped so badly that it is beginning to lose its relevance, but rather than turn our backs on it completely, rather than encourage our children not to go to school, rather than insult it the more, we should champion a course on how to make it what it ought to be and more attractive. We should teach our children the real importance of education and not just to come out and get a good job.

Trends are changing, the world has evolved and our educational system must evolve and not allowed to dissolve.

Don't be deceived. Send your children to good school if you can afford it, and after that allow him or her the freedom of choice and if he or she chooses to play football he will be buying football clubs and earning 10x what Neymar earns today.

I choose to go to school, learn how to build and buy existing businesses. I choose to go to school, learn how to employ the grace God has given me to serve humanity. I choose to go to school and learn how best my ideas can be a solution to the problems of the society.

What do you choose, for yourself and for your kids?

Don't be deceived.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Kimkardashain(f): 8:39am On Sep 11, 2017
Lala Oya oh. nw this is what i call "the use of sixth sense" Education still stands to be the key. if not the master key.... Op oya chop kiss.

meanwhile

FTC

6 Likes

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by SirMichael1: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2017
Education is partly the key, anywhere anyday.

Gate had ideas coupled with fact he didn't finish from the university. Most graduate finish from university, have masters, have phD and still have no idea what to do with their life except to work for the government

Ideas rule the world.

Bill Gates has people working for him and Neymar on the other hand works for a government (a football company)

Money works for bill gate, neymar works for money. Simple difference

Nice one OP

10 Likes

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Aminu212: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2017
This post is worth 100million dollars.
Thanks op.

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by SirMichael1: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2017
Lalasticlala and mynd45, please move to FP. Awareness need to be created.

Some football fan may not like this but its the truth

1 Like

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Lamasta(m): 10:14am On Sep 11, 2017
Ideas coupled with knowledge rules the world
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Matrycx(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2017
i am wowed, thanks op
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2017
Truly it is the absence of intellectual cost that causes enterprises to crash out. As Bishop Oyedepo once said no one truly graduates, if you must succeed in anything then you must continue to consume knowledge voraciously. There is still a major difference between Gates and the typical educated man. While most are concerned with certification, the likes of Gates are committed to lifelong learning. So yes Education and not necessarily Schooling is the key to success.
Lalasticlala FP pls

1 Like

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by babyfaceafrica: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
This is super story.....some of us will be neymar,some will bebgates ,others will be Seun osewa..everybody in his own domain.. Formal education is not for all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Uchexxy(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2017
Everything lies on believe.........most people would still be broke even if they recieved business lectures from bill gates himself. What u believe in, would definitely work for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by COUNSELME: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
Being uneducated doesn't mean you can't be rich in life or make a difference but Education gives an edge over skills,it makes it easier and better,it gives quality to productivity and capabilities,wonder why these uneducated wealthy ones still employ educated ones,this is what people tend to ignore,they only say 'can still be rich using Neymar as example he isn't educated so i don't mind being like him'.Though he has the skills,check his team he surely has one or few educated persons giving him good logical advice on making right decisions,investments and signings. Still not clear enough? Talk to a counselor today on 092749494 or chat on counselme.ng,Ig@counselme
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Mightyify(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
In summary, EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT BUT MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT. ...SO go get d money
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by muller101(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
In NIGERIA EDUCATION Is the key to a non existing Padlock.

1 Like

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by jayson87: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
Bill gate is not educated OP. He is a drop out. I am sure you mean, you'd rather be a drop out cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by thoollz: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
One thing I want d op to understand is that some people can be comfortable being neymar kind of rich while others would want to attain bill gate's wealth. As someone rightly stated above, I don't think education has/had a part to play in bill gate's case because idea and determination brings forth success. Neymar is still young and if he's financially wise, he can still get to where bill is, I love mayweather and Ronaldo's business sense. Take a look at d top10 richest in d world and tell me education has a part to play. Idea and talent is needed bruv.

6 Likes

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by free2ryhme: 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2017
Graypoint:
BETWEEN NEYMAR AND BILL GATES - DON'T BE DECIEVED

Well, it is no longer news that last week Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 the biggest contract ever in the history of world football was signed. Neymar Da Silva Santos Junior officially signed for Paris Saint Germain from Spanish giant Barcelona after they met his buyout clause of €222M. Hours later the news of his weekly earnings of about €515,000 or 248 million naira broke the internet. have made out of it here at home.

Now, if Neymar without a WAEC result (according to those who claim to know) earns 248 million per week, how much does Bill Gates (who actually went as far as Harvard) earn? Mind you, Bill Gates went to school as far as Harvard, the whole talk of him dropping out is widely misrepresented. He didn't drop out because he was not good enough, he didn't drop out because he was irresponsible, in fact he had a meeting with the school authority when it became obvious that he needed more time to work on the Microsoft idea and in his exact words he told the school that he was going on a 'leave of absence' and should return if the idea failed to work as planned. He didn't leave the school empty, he left with the knowledge he had acquired, he left having made friends and built a network of like minds, he left having access to mentors from the school (for me, these are some of the most important reasons of going to university in the first place, and not just for that paper called certificate). With that knowledge and skill acquired directly or indirectly by going to school, Bill Gates was able to build Microsoft and in 2013 he earned 11.5 billion dollars in a single year. That figure would give you 1.38 million dollars per hour. What it means is that the 248 million naira Neymar earns in a week is what Bill Gates earns in 30 minutes.

Don't be deceived.

Why would I rather be a Bill Gates than a Neymar? Why would I rather point my kids to Bill Gates than to Neymar? It is simple. If you go by the figures, you have already seen it above. If you want to look at the future, then you will know that Neymar is 25 today, but will he still be playing football at this level at 35? What if in an unfortunate situation where he breaks his leg tomorrow (no one prays for that, but it does happen), that will be the end of everything, football doesn't even provide for pension or gratuity. But Gates can sleep for the rest of his life and the billions will keep flowing because alert has been set on auto run, he has 'programmed' his business directly into his bank account - with his knowledge (you need education to set up that kind of system). What if you are looking at relevance and significance, how many millionaires have Neymar made or will he ever make in his lifetime? Bill Gates has made 3 billionaires and over 12,000 millionaires.

I asked someone what Neymar will do with this money, and he said Neymar already has a private jet, now is the time to get a yacht and start paying for the penthouse of all the 5-star hotels in the world. Do you think someone who is well schooled will choose to spend the money that way?

Don't be deceived.

Education is still the key, education is still superior, education has birthed technology and technology is where the money is and not football. The most valuable club in the world according to Forbes 2017 rating is Manchester United and they are worth a whopping 3.69 billion dollars to edge both Barcelona and Real Madrid. But how whopping is that compared with the worth of Apple, Google, or Microsoft? In fact the total worth of the top 20 football clubs in the world (including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, PSG, Arsenal, Manchester City, Juventus, Liverpool) is 29.6 billion dollars. Mark Zuckerberg can simply pull out a cheque from his back pocket and buy those 20 clubs without even discussing with the board of Facebook (that sounds like an insult but that is the fact). That is how powerful ideas are, that is how powerful knowledge can be, that is how powerful education can be. What would you rather choose for your child?

Don't be deceived.

The standard of education in Nigeria has dropped so badly that it is beginning to lose its relevance, but rather than turn our backs on it completely, rather than encourage our children not to go to school, rather than insult it the more, we should champion a course on how to make it what it ought to be and more attractive. We should teach our children the real importance of education and not just to come out and get a good job.

Trends are changing, the world has evolved and our educational system must evolve and not allowed to dissolve.

Don't be deceived. Send your children to good school if you can afford it, and after that allow him or her the freedom of choice and if he or she chooses to play football he will be buying football clubs and earning 10x what Neymar earns today.

I choose to go to school, learn how to build and buy existing businesses. I choose to go to school, learn how to employ the grace God has given me to serve humanity. I choose to go to school and learn how best my ideas can be a solution to the problems of the society.

What do you choose, for yourself and for your kids?

Don't be deceived.

na so so write u dey write abi

write about your own fellow country men
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by thoollz: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
Get your children educated but also look out for d talents in them. I believe that's what pays in Nigeria. Even a music director earns as much money as u can think of. Not everyone is created to b a doctor, engineer, pharmacist or accountant. It's just d Nigerian factor that gives everyone limited choices.

In Europe, there r music schools, movie schools, dance schools, football academy etc. Here we've more secondary schools than students

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
I can't believe I wasted my time reading this rubbish
The consolation is that obstopped reading at the 3rd paragraph

1 Like

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
You wrote nothing but the gospel truth! Education is the key to success but sometimes we 'kill' true talent when we focus only on "the brighter side of" education. How many Nigerian parent would send their children to school of arts to learn painting, music and poetry without all that talk that "I want my children to be Doctors, lawyers, eengineer" etc.. Most globally recognized actors, painters, singers studied exclusively in school of arts. It's sad that many parent killed the talents of their killed unknowingly! Do you know how many great footballers Nigeria would have produced had their parent not whipped their ass to go study? Instead of encouraging talents, some parents unknowingly killed their children's.
thoollz:
Get your children educated but also look out for d talents in them. I believe that's what pays in Nigeria. Even a music director earns as much money as u can think of. Not everyone is created to b a doctor, engineer, pharmacist or accountant. It's just d Nigerian factor that gives everyone limited choices.

In Europe, there r music schools, movie schools, dance schools, football academy etc. Here we've more secondary schools than students

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by ovieokodhi(m): 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
Education still has a vital role to play in the human race and it still remains the key
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by otimothy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2017
I would have said it was an impressive write up.

However, for the fact that you even had to time to compare them both, then i am not impressed.

Only the folks with microscopic understanding would even "dare" such.

I mean, common.
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Outlaw07(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2017
After schooling it's fraud AKA (yahoo) SMH!
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Ay0delle: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
OP. You are neither Bill Gates nor Neymar. So whats your point?
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by NLbully(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2017
Bill Gate is a dropout oya shattap tongue
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by borntosuccess(m): 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
post of d year
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Oduok(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
This post will hardly reach front page. If it were, "My Regrets of Going to School", "First Class Yet No Job", "Who School Epp?" "Is My Degree Worthless?" By now it would have reached her destination - front page. I am sure what most of us hail today is what we'll be ashamed of tommorow when our children will pick it from us.

2 Likes

Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Hostermipo(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
Bill Gates went to Harvard to study law
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
I love this. great write up.... Op better Oil dey your head. cool
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Chiidi(m): 2:24am On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by lukman: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2017
bunch of lazy people are those who stand on 'who school epp'. bunch of lazy people.
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by KingLennon(m): 8:46am On Sep 12, 2017
jayson87:
Bill gate is not educated OP. He is a drop out. I am sure you mean, you'd rather be a drop out cheesy cheesy cheesy
A drop-out in Harvard university is like a Ph.D holder in Nigeria
Re: Choices: Between Neymar And Bill Gates - Don't Be Deceived! by Hostermipo(m): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2017
KingLennon:

A drop-out in Harvard university is like a Ph.D holder in Nigeria
Bill gates was studying law in Harvard before dropping out, so the programming knowledge was not from Harvard

(1) (2) (Reply)

Qatar Living Conditions / Wen Will Jamb Result Be Out,&site 2check It / What Is Your Worst Cgpa As A Student?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.