Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,547 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons (20591 Views)

Wikki Tourists FC Bus Burnt In Accident (Photos) / Pogba's Volleyed Pass To Rashford: Fans Go Wild On Social Media / Football Fans Go Crazy After N'golo Kante's Nutmeg In UEFA Super Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Richy4(m): 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by honestivo(m): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2017
barbaric ,I pray we get over this
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by comos: 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
It normally happens at the end of every league season,

even in EPL, La-Liga, Seria A, e.t.c, matches are normally given away to help fellow city or regional teams survive relegation.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by naptu2: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
NPFL 2017 final league table.

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by arewaboy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
Iscoalarcon:
I don't blame the Gombe United fans because the management sold the game to wikki who want to avoid relegation and as you all know wikki and Gombe are arch enemies just like Madrid and Barca. That Maurice guy intentionally headed the ball into his own net with the goalkeeper just standing that was what angerd the fans.
Something the op failed to report is that the fans even vandalised the stadium properties some even made away with things like TV and fridge grin grin grin but thank the police where able to identified some and even arrested them

Lastly the LMC have alot of work to do because this issue of match fixing is tarnishing the image of our league

Exactly what happened.
I was there.

1 Like

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by ernieboy(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
comos:
It normally happens at the end of every league season,

even in EPL, La-Liga, Seria A, e.t.c, matches are normally given away to help fellow city or regional teams survive relegation.

that's not true. match fixing is a serious offence in foreign leagues for which teams pay huge prices if convicted.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by kolaish(m): 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2017
Iscoalarcon:
I don't blame the Gombe United fans because the management sold the game to wikki who want to avoid relegation and as you all know wikki and Gombe are arch enemies just like Madrid and Barca. That Maurice guy intentionally headed the ball into his own net with the goalkeeper just standing that was what angerd the fans.
Something the op failed to report is that the fans even vandalised the stadium properties some even made away with things like TV and fridge grin grin grin but thank the police where able to identified some and even arrested them

Lastly the LMC have alot of work to do because this issue of match fixing is tarnishing the image of our league
Good analysis.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by ernieboy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
naptu2:
NPFL 2017 final league table.
I don't get it, but gombe themselves are going on relegation, why would they sell the match to another team that might be going on relegation
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by naptu2: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
ernieboy:

I don't get it, but gombe themselves are going on relegation, why would they sell the match to another team that might be going on relegation

The match is Gombe United vs Wikki Tourists.

Gombe are already relegated. Wiki Tourists needed to win that match in order not to be the fourth team to be relegated. Shooting Stars would be relegated instead if Wiki Tourists won the match.

The suspicion is that Gombe United felt that they had nothing to play for since they were already relegated and that Wikki Tourists induced Gombe United to lose the match so that Wikki Tourists would not be relegated. That's why Gombe United fans rioted.

Wikki Tourists ended the season with 53 points and survived, while Shooting Stars ended the season with 50 points and were relegated.

1 Like

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by samsam2019: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2017
When you're high on your religion of peace
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Willybos(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2017
K
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by stagger: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
That match looked fixed. Gombe United were already relegated and had nothing to lose or gain. Wikki needed to win to survive. How a team that had no away win all season could suddenly benefit from a generous own goal is absolutely scandalous.

Reminds me of the fixed collabo between Rangers and Shooting Stars in the 90s. Rangers lost at Enugu to Shooting 1-0 to guarantee Shooting a continental ticket, and in the same month, Rangers beat Shooting 1-0 in the FA cup semi final to get a guaranteed continental slot.

It was the ultimate disgrace between two highly reverred clubs who sold out stadia in the 70s and 80s.

2 Likes

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by ernieboy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
naptu2:

The match is Gombe United vs Wikki Tourists.

Gombe are already relegated. Wiki Tourists needed to win that match in order not to be the fourth team to be relegated. Shooting Stars would be relegated instead if Wiki Tourists won the match.

The suspicion is that Gombe United felt that they had nothing to play for since they were already relegated and that Wikki Tourists induced Gombe United to lose the match so that Wikki Tourists would not be relegated.

Wikki Tourists ended the season with 53 points and survived, while Shooting Stars ended the season with 50 points and were relegated.
OK I see, they were already relegated and chose to make some cash on their way out. shameful. this is part of the reasons our local league has not grown, no integrity.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Keeppushing: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
Na fear of losing abi wetin cause this one?

Don't be like those guys up there, Equip yourself with a skill, book a seat for a two days free training on web designing/developmnet
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by victor8269: 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
All d soldiers are dancing with Pythons
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Ezi39: 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
Enough of these blame games. I can bet you that the notoriety of fans in such act does not limit to the north.
It can happen to any derby in the south. Let's stop these blame games and face the reality.
With the preponderance of evidence here, I think the home team should be blamed for letting such own goal.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by naptu2: 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
ernieboy:

OK I see, they were already relegated and chose to make some cash on their way out. shameful. this is part of the reasons our local league has not grown, no integrity.

This is the latest update from Shooting Stars' Twitter handle. Not the teams highlighted in yellow.

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by boringnigerian: 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2017
Must Nigerians be hoodlums everywhere?
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by somehow: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2017
And why would an Esterner be the own goal scorer? E no like him own life?

A fixed match it is and must be replayed or cancelled in total.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by meforyou1(m): 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2017
arewaboy:

Exactly what happened.
I was there.
i'm sure u were one of those carrying dangerous weapons and setting bonfire
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by meforyou1(m): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ezi39:
Enough of these blame games. I can bet you that the notoriety of fans in such act does not limit to the north.
It can happen to any derby in the south. Let's stop these blame games and face the reality.
With the preponderance of evidence here, I think the home team should be blamed for letting such own goal.
where in the south did it happen?
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by ernieboy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
naptu2:

This is the latest update from Shooting Stars' Twitter handle. Not the teams highlighted in yellow.
so shooting stars are now relegated. that's unjust.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by naptu2: 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2017
ernieboy:

so shooting stars are now relegated. that's unjust.

I meant to write, "Note the teams in yellow". The LMC say that they have not yet determined the fourth team that will be relegated. They are waiting for the match report from the referee and match commissioner before they make a decision. Shooting Stars say that they are waiting for the LMC's decision.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by ashjay001(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2017
madridguy:
Ontop wetin?

One team score own goal!? Was very suspicious, as d other team needed it to avoid relegation.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Ashley86400: 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2017
undecided
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Ashley86400: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
Animals. Animals everywhere. Who on earth carries cutlasses, knives and sticks to watch ordinary match. . undecided

1 Like

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by ernieboy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2017
naptu2:

I meant to write, "Note the teams in yellow". The LMC say that they have not yet determined the fourth team that will be relegated. They are waiting for the match report from the referee and match commissioner before they make a decision. Shooting Stars say that they are waiting for the LMC's decision.
I see, let's hope justice prevails.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by chukzyfcbb: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
That was how in 2013, all because some Nigerian club wanted to gain promotion, they reported them to have scores 79-0!!!

79 bloody zero!!!

While the other team scored 67-0 In one match ooo

Can you imagine the level of stupidity?

After they will be asking why we don't watch Naija league, league where the home team cannot lose!

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by arewaboy(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
meforyou1:
i'm sure u were one of those carrying dangerous weapons and setting bonfire

Oh yes I am. �
Hope you can recognize me among them.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by IkennaDavid1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
It's really very funny how people think.. Gombe utd on 43 points and 19th on the table playing against Wikki tourists on 50 points, 16th on the log and a GD of - 5, indicating they are a better side than Gombe United this season.
More so, Wikki tourists needed just a draw to stay afloat which would have kept them at 51 points...
I don't think the fans went boo-boo-zah because of any match fixing of which we are not sure of, they were just angry and disappointed with the club for playing an awful season.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by IkennaDavid1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2017
somehow:
And why would an Esterner be the own goal scorer? E no like him own life?

A fixed match it is and must be replayed or cancelled in total.
I really don't understand.. Own goals are unavailable and inevitable in football.. I am a Chelsea fan so I will speak with evidence..
When batshuayi headed in an own goal to give Tottenham fc an equalizer just 3 weeks ago was it a fixed match? Or when John Terry slid and fell when taking the final penalty to give Chelsea fc their first Champions League trophy ever and Manchester United later went on to win it was it a fixed match?

More so, with the match ending 0:0 Wikki tourists would have gotten 51 points and would have still not been relegated. Not forgetting Gombe utd have been very poor and awful this season.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by smellingmenses: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
anibi9674:
reasons why they don't host super eagle's matches in the north.
Lololol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ / Top 10 Most Hated Soccer Players & Managers / Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.