Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons (20461 Views)

Wikki Tourists FC Bus Burnt In Accident (Photos) / Pogba's Volleyed Pass To Rashford: Fans Go Wild On Social Media / Football Fans Go Crazy After N'golo Kante's Nutmeg In UEFA Super Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by horlakunle25(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
Thunder fire gombe utd!! NFL management must do something fast ooo!! Bicos my darling shooting star must nt go on relegation oooo!!....nice one by d fans for standing there ground against corruption!
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by kjhova(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
samsam2019:
When you're high on your religion of peace

Come on, this matter has absolutely nothing to do with religion. Simple case of football related violence.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by naptu2: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

Complete Sports tweeted:

LMC Delay 3SC’s Relegation, Order Disrupted Gombe Vs Wikki Replayed

and a Shooting Stars fan replied:

Our relegation is not delayed cos we won't even RELEGATE. Kindly watch how u use ur words. Up Stars. Gombe is winning Wikki
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by somehow: 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
You still don't get. there's no way on earth Wikki was to get a draw because they have never done well in any away game this season. the match was obviously fixed and the fans knew this.

Imagine not performing well through out the season wasting fan's ticket money, then rubbing salt into their wounds again by selling your last match after getting relegated. some clubs don't deserve to be in the league!
IkennaDavid1:

I really don't understand.. Own goals are unavailable and inevitable in football.. I am a Chelsea fan so I will speak with evidence..
When batshuayi headed in an own goal to give Tottenham fc an equalizer just 3 weeks ago was it a fixed match? Or when John Terry slid and fell when taking the final penalty to give Chelsea fc their first Champions League trophy ever and Manchester United later went on to win it was it a fixed match?

More so, with the match ending 0:0 Wikki tourists would have gotten 51 points and would have still not been relegated. Not forgetting Gombe utd have been very poor and awful this season.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Austinoiz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
To think that these untamed dogs flood viewing centres to see European League games and celebrate when their favourite teams win away from home leaves you lost in wandering contemplation.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by pedronule(m): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2017
silent10:
I weep 4 my country cry cry cry
weep well
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Ezi39: 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
meforyou1:
where in the south did it happen?

Enyimba of Aba fans once engaged in free for all beating for a referee that officiated their match against Heartland of Owerri.
The record is there.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Walelavender(m): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
Iscoalarcon:
I don't blame the Gombe United fans because the management sold the game to wikki who want to avoid relegation and as you all know wikki and Gombe are arch enemies just like Madrid and Barca. That Maurice guy intentionally headed the ball into his own net with the goalkeeper just standing that was what angerd the fans.
Something the op failed to report is that the fans even vandalised the stadium properties some even made away with things like TV and fridge grin grin grin but thank the police where able to identified some and even arrested them

Lastly the LMC have alot of work to do because this issue of match fixing is tarnishing the image of our league
Brilliant submission. That match was sold. Both teams deserved to be relegated. 3SC should be favoured by the LMCs decision.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Walelavender(m): 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2017
horlakunle25:
Thunder fire gombe utd!! NFL management must do something fast ooo!! Bicos my darling shooting star must nt go on relegation oooo!!....nice one by d fans for standing there ground against corruption!
You are right. Though 3SC didn't have a spectacular season, they can be a beneficiary of the LMCs decision. Obviously the match was fixed. Wikki needs to follow Gombe to relegation
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Nairaboi(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
Dannidom:
And some mumu army left animalistic north to harrass the east in the name of parade
Maybe we watched different videos, but the one I saw showed East throwing stones and bottles at the Nigerian Army. So what would throwing bottles and stones be regarded as because I know that's an animalistic behaviour too.. .
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by samsam2019: 9:23pm On Sep 11, 2017
kjhova:

Come on, this matter has absolutely nothing to do with religion. Simple case of football related violence.
ask yourself why regions dominated by religion of peace is filled with violence.

Ask yourself if it has anything to do with the religion. I'll wait
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by somehow: 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
You know little about football and violence, just go and youtube, you will see hundreds of football violent videos mostly from Europe, Asia and SOUTH AMERICA. you think this one is violence? in Brazil, they even kill refs and most of the countries in these continents are CHRISTIANS.
samsam2019:
ask yourself why regions dominated by religion of peace is filled with violence.

Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by Mryacks: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
Knew there must be a reason why
quote author=Iscoalarcon post=60344768]I don't blame the Gombe United fans because the management sold the game to wikki who want to avoid relegation and as you all know wikki and Gombe are arch enemies just like Madrid and Barca. That Maurice guy intentionally headed the ball into his own net with the goalkeeper just standing that was what angerd the fans.
Something the op failed to report is that the fans even vandalised the stadium properties some even made away with things like TV and fridge grin grin grin but thank the police where able to identified some and even arrested them

Lastly the LMC have alot of work to do because this issue of match fixing is tarnishing the image of our league[/quote]
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by horlakunle25(m): 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
Walelavender:

You are right. Though 3SC didn't have a spectacular season, they can be a beneficiary of the LMCs decision. Obviously the match was fixed. Wikki needs to follow Gombe to relegation
abi ooo!! Can u imagine team dat fail to record an away win all thru d season, and d 1 goal dey were lead is even an own-goal scored by gombe player......I swear dat guy dat scored d own goal shud be jail for a criminal offence!
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by fm4real2k6(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2017
ApexPredator:

Exactly! South East is the most secure region in Nigeria according to UN. The only reason Army is there is to bother and provoke the people of Biafra.

Are you sure?
Hope you know we follow the news too.
Re: Wikki Tourists Vs Gombe United Match Stop As Fans Go Berserk With Weapons by kjhova(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
samsam2019:

Your question is a no-brainer and is merely a rehash of popular fallacy.

For many decades and counting, some of the most troubled places on Earth include Angola, Congo, Colombia, Guatemala, Sri Lanka etc. and none of these practise the religion you seem to dislike. While, Muslim nations like Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia etc have prospered exceedingly in the same period.

Some Muslim countries like Afghanistan and Iraq have been troubled for many years while some non Muslim countries like Sweden or Japan have thrived.

In a cap, there's no evidence that Islam brings more trouble to nations than other religions.

And to come back to topic, the issue at the Gombe vs Wikki match was due to fans frustration due to alleged match fixing and has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gareth Bale Retires From Football At 33 / AC Milan Is Back In UEFA Champions League After 8 Years / Pinnick: I’m A Soldier, I’ll Stay Till End Of My Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.