Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price (19802 Views)

Iphone 15 Officially Launched In Nigeria / Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Officially Launched With 5500mah Battery - Full Specifications / LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by eleojo23: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2017
lordmayor4:
When dodgee mix with same 6gb ram is 250-280$
I'll pass

Doogee phones come with Malware...
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by GreatEvilBeast(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2017
pcguru1:
SnapDragon 835 Adreno 4 Series ..... heavy breathing not that rubbish MTK Bullsh.it
are you even a programmer, or do you use the phone to run GTA V ,if no then trust me a good mtk phone is more than enough to meet everything you need, all these developers giving phones 6gb of ram which it will almost never fully utilize is just stupid,
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Officialzoe: 9:00am On Sep 12, 2017
this phone's camera is a beast I swear.... I used their phone once... omg I can never forget... the phone is really one of the best in the world ( if u wanna argue, go and argue with transformer)
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2017
GreatEvilBeast:
are you even a programmer, or do you use the phone to run GTA V ,if no then trust me a good mtk phone is more than enough to meet everything you need, all these developers giving phones 6gb of ram which it will almost never fully utilize is just stupid,

Yeah I am , but most importantly I am a gamer a hardcore one, it's the same way I will scoff at AMD GPU than Nvidia unless its Vulkan performance we are looking at, MTK devices don't get support like Snapdragon right now I have a phone that's is Vulkan Enabled and no Android 7 which is practically useless and MTK devices are slow to their counterpart I run games and I can spot the difference, SnapDragon SDK offers a lot of optimization to their devices I went through their SDK and saw it, 6gb ram actually is a waste if the OS is optimized you don't need that much,to me high ram esp 4gb plus are more of a marketing thing, IOS doesn't require that much ram. I have a big interest in 3D Development.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by REDDEVILS1(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2017
Will stick to my Mi Max2. This device too cost

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Protein0: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2017
GogetterMD:
Who will buy my mi6? cryI want this damsel kiss
Me cheesy wink
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Worksunlimited: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2017
pweshboi:

That's what I'm trying to say, with that kind of Ram and such small battery, it'll be getting drained faster

It wouldn't.. It's coming with the latest snapdragon soc known to have the best battery and ram optimization..

So 3400mah is more than enough to last you close to two days on light to moderate use..
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Xtianvic(m): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2017
adeniyisamuel59:
A phone of roughly N260k with front facing 12mp rear and 5mp front facing camera is not appealing enough, though good RAM not withstanding.
in cameras, the MP doesnt make the picture good looking but the overall camera make up, especially the camera SENSOR. that is why the 4MP sony ultra pixel camera could beat the Camon cx 16MP camera. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Protein0: 9:23am On Sep 12, 2017
LaClicKLaBenDin:

With that processor, the battery will outlast your 4100mah battery, trust me.
It would have been a different thing if one hasn't used the supposed battery monsters. From 6020mah (gionee m5) to 5050mah (tecno l8+). One will be tempted to doubt "figures". It's all about juice-friendly processors. I wonder what the experience will be if m5 or l8+ packs 4000mah batteries grin grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by megafone: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2017
When me no craze!

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Abbotp: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2017
Watch out for a special post on xiaomi from http://www.phcpromo.com
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by GogetterMD(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2017
Protein0:

Me cheesy wink
Apo egberun lono egberun, pelu shile mewa
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Protein0: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2017
GogetterMD:

Apo egberun lono egberun, pelu shile mewa
Chai! shocked
Let me go and ask grandma to help with that

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2017
Protein0:

It would have been a different thing if one hasn't used the supposed battery monsters. From 6020mah (gionee m5) to 5050mah (tecno l8+). One will be tempted to doubt "figures". It's all about juice-friendly processors. I wonder what the experience will be if m5 or l8+ packs 4000mah batteries grin grin

That's very true. I once used THL5000 with 5000mah battery and some others too with large batteries but mtk processors, but since I have been using my current phone with an SD820 processor, I have come to appreciate the importance of power efficient processors even with a 5.7 inch screen and QHD resolution atop a 3100mah grin

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by psp2pc(m): 9:52am On Sep 12, 2017
youngreva:
Omg who can bless me with this machine...i would be forever grateful

seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Abeg move to frontpage...whether I will be blessed

Modified* so I am ftc all my enemies have been put to shame,my advice to those also struggling to be ftc;dont worry your time wee soon come.
Here is my account no(for the ftc fee if any)4041291011 fcmb ;DOmg who can bless me with this machine...i would be forever grateful

seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Abeg move to frontpage...whether I will be blessed

Modified* so I am ftc all my enemies have been put to shame,my advice to those also struggling to be ftc;dont worry your time wee soon come.
Here is my account no(for the ftc fee if any)4041291011 fcmb

until your bank account is used to commit fraud and traced to you before u know its a bad idea to post such sensitive info on a public forum.
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by olaniyi0(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2017
pweshboi:
6G Ram, beast!!! But d battery is below 4000mah... That's not too cool
it doesn't matter bro, a snapdragon phone with 4000mah battery life can last beta than a 6000+mah mediatek phone

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by encryptjay(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2017
What is all this fuss about 6GB RAM? No one is talking about RAM optimisation here, the iPhone 8 packs about 3GB RAM and we know how fluid it's going to be.
Great phone though

And those saying their phones last a day on heavy usage should fear Zeus at least grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by LordAdam16: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
pcguru1:

Yeah I am , but most importantly I am a gamer a hardcore one, it's the same way I will scoff at AMD GPU than Nvidia unless its Vulkan performance we are looking at, MTK devices don't get support like Snapdragon right now I have a phone that's is Vulkan Enabled and no Android 7 which is practically useless and MTK devices are slow to their counterpart I run games and I can spot the difference, SnapDragon SDK offers a lot of optimization to their devices I went through their SDK and saw it, 6gb ram actually is a waste if the OS is optimized you don't need that much,to me high ram esp 4gb plus are more of a marketing thing, IOS doesn't require that much ram. I have a big interest in 3D Development.

With your expertise, you should know that nothing is ever enough in tech.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -Thomas Watson, IBM President, 1943

VR/AR is just blowing up. Holographic display is coming. Mobile gaming market is breaking new records. And that's just a few that I can rattle off my head. No amount of RAM is a waste. The more the better. And especially with the rising phone prices (yes I'm looking at you Note 8 and iPhone X), they better as well throw in all the bells and whistles and optimize all of it.

-Lord
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
adeniyisamuel59:
A phone of roughly N260k with front facing 12mp rear and 5mp front facing camera is not appealing enough, though good RAM not withstanding.
Roughly 170k Man, Do Your Calculation Right
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Reediano(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2017
encryptjay:
What is all this fuss about 6GB RAM? No one is talking about RAM optimisation here, the iPhone 8 packs about 3GB RAM and we know how fluid it's going to be.
Great phone though

And those saying their phones last a day on heavy usage should fear Zeus at least grin

Android and iOS are two different things
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by iamDozzy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
Mystery007:
My thoughts too.
The battery just f uped the whole thing. Am using xiami 4x pro and battery is 4100mah. Was expecting more or atleast the same thing but 6gig Ram mehn e go bad gan

This uses a snapdragon 835 which is the best chipset out there and uses power efficient;y. Everything is not based on Mah

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by musicwriter(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2017
Does anybody know any shop in computer village Ikeja selling Xiaomi phones? I was there last week and searched everywhere and was only able to find one shop, but they didn't have the one I was looking for. Some of them don't even know the phone.
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by encryptjay(m): 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2017
Reediano:

Android and iOS are two different things
They are but it doesn't mean RAM can't be optimized.
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by GrandMufti: 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
musicwriter:
Does anybody know any shop in computer village Ikeja selling Xiaomi phones? I was there last week and searched everywhere and was only able to find one shop, but they didn't have the one I was looking for. Some of them don't even know the phone.

Check the xiaomi thread for sellers

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/1581#3092803.50605
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by musicwriter(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Protein0: 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
musicwriter:
Come, let's make u glad grin
Contact on signature. Any xiaomi model available. Buzz me kiss
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
but why are these guys making phones that are literally bigger than our palms? whats the use of 5.5 - 6 inch sized phones? if you wana do tablet do it and dont turn phone to something that cant be held in the palm or placed in the pocket
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by soath(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ramanto:
How much is it in our domestic currency?
Around 200 - 250k
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Kaybaba5(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Good phone....... For those who have money
But for me...........
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by GreatEvilBeast(m): 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
pcguru1:

just wandering if there's really a mobile game out there that drains up to 3gb of ram that i have to pay through my nose to purchase, samsung s8 is a perfect example
Re: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Officially Launched - Full Specifications And Price by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
GreatEvilBeast:
just wandering if there's really a mobile game out there that drains up to 3gb of ram that i have to pay through my nose to purchase, samsung s8 is a perfect example

I have yet to come across such a game even with heavy texture never seen any taking as much as 3GB ram, mobile games were meant to be minimal on resources compared to desktop.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim Pantami Seeks Reduction In Call, Data Tariff / Mobdro App(stream Live Matches) / Have Android Updates Become Useless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.