Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance (9945 Views)

Just In: FG Declares June 12 Public Holiday / Gov Obiano Hosts Victorious Anambra Schoolgirls. See How Much They Got Each. / Benue Government Loses Confidence In FG Over Killer Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by theophorus(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Some of you are just stark illiterates walking around the cyberspace constituting nuisance. Where in your wikipedia link did it showed that it wasn't Anambra that won the 2017 edition? That aside, do you know that I can edit the same wikipedia and put your name there?

I asked you to give us a news report where it is stated that the countries you earlier listed won the 2017 edition but you went get us a wikipedia link. You are just dumb and should be banned for spreading your dumbness all the place.

[s][/s]

I agree that Anambra team won the debate but Please, what was the reward and can we have pix of them holding the trophy?
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by pastorcyrus(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
Luckylife:
Behold the LIGHT OF THE NATION.

Umuchineke moving ahead of their peers in our great country, I vow,when I die,I reincarnate in Anambra,the light of the nation

1 Like

Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by LasGidiOwner: 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
Imagine this clown. Here another report that claimed otherwise.

naturalwaves:

Ode! Your argument is so weak. I have been following the competition for the past 5 years and know better than you. Nigeria did not win it. There are other sources too. This is another link
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/team-singapore-wins-world-schools-debating-championships-in-bali
This is the picture of the winners

Today, was a good day for Nigeria as the Team Nigeria participating in the World Schools Debating Championship (WSDC) currently going on in Indonesia beat their opponent, the Team Barbados to 3 – 0 in a preliminary round of debate.

In a motion titled “This House would deny tax-exempt status to religious institutions that refuse to appoint female leaders”, the Team Nigeria showed the stuff they were made of when in clear, logical and analytical manner they opposed the motion, clearing defeating their Barbados counterparts with all three judges unanimously giving them victory.

Anambra and Ebonyi States students make up the Team Nigeria and are doing Nigeria proud in Indonesia.

The Team Nigeria is made up of the following students - Chiagozie Nnamdi Udorji, (Anambra) Precious Nneka Chigozie (Anambra), Chidimma Frances Akwue (Anambra), Josephine Chinonyelum Paschaline Enogu (Ebonyi), and Obianuju Blessing Eze (Ebonyi)

A highly elated Team Manager and the Coordinator of the President’s Schools Debate Nigeria (PSDN), Elder Dare Oritu, in reacting to the victory said: “I am very proud of Anambra and Ebonyi States from where we drew our Team Nigeria. It is a clear that they are not pushovers.”

Meanwhile, Nigeria at this event will be bidding to host the World Schools Debating Championship in 2019. We excitedly await the outcome of the bid.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/anambra-students-shine-world-schools-debating-championship-indonesia.html

1 Like

Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by naturalwaves: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
A clearer and more detailed video of how team Singapore defeated England in the finals of the WSDC 2017. I guess the bodies of the representatives from Singapore were superimposed on the body of our Nigeria representatives. I wonder what LasgidiOwner has to say about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HUFM3JZaLQ
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by naturalwaves: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Imagine this clown. Here another report that claimed otherwise.

Today, was a good day for Nigeria as the Team Nigeria participating in the World Schools Debating Championship (WSDC) currently going on in Indonesia beat their opponent, the Team Barbados to 3 – 0 in a preliminary round of debate.

In a motion titled “This House would deny tax-exempt status to religious institutions that refuse to appoint female leaders”, the Team Nigeria showed the stuff they were made of when in clear, logical and analytical manner they opposed the motion, clearing defeating their Barbados counterparts with all three judges unanimously giving them victory.

Anambra and Ebonyi States students make up the Team Nigeria and are doing Nigeria proud in Indonesia.

The Team Nigeria is made up of the following students - Chiagozie Nnamdi Udorji, (Anambra) Precious Nneka Chigozie (Anambra), Chidimma Frances Akwue (Anambra), Josephine Chinonyelum Paschaline Enogu (Ebonyi), and Obianuju Blessing Eze (Ebonyi)

A highly elated Team Manager and the Coordinator of the President’s Schools Debate Nigeria (PSDN), Elder Dare Oritu, in reacting to the victory said: “I am very proud of Anambra and Ebonyi States from where we drew our Team Nigeria. It is a clear that they are not pushovers.”

Meanwhile, Nigeria at this event will be bidding to host the World Schools Debating Championship in 2019. We excitedly await the outcome of the bid.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/anambra-students-shine-world-schools-debating-championship-indonesia.html

Where and when does winning a preliminary round of a debate equate to winning a competition? Your education was a waste. Every year, at least 50 countries always participate in the competition and there are usually rounds before the finals. Nigeria did not even smell the semis talk less of finals. Keep on basking in stewpidity. Rather than you apologizing and learning, you are making a mockery of yourself. My boy, you are fighting a losing battle. Look for your mates.
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by naturalwaves: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
theophorus:

I agree that Anambra team won the debate but Please, what was the reward and can we have pix of them holding the trophy?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin. He is currently photoshoping them. He is coming soon.
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by LasGidiOwner: 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
You are dumb. Everyone is a winner. Stop showcasing your hopelessness. Winning is winning, afterwards you have not won anything in your life before.

[s]
naturalwaves:

Where and when does winning a preliminary round of a debate equate to winning a competition? Your education was a waste. Every year, at least 50 countries always participate in the competition and there are usually rounds before the finals. Nigeria did not even smell the semis talk less of finals. Keep on basking in stewpidity. Rather than you apologizing and learning, you are making a mockery of yourself. My boy, you are fighting a losing battle. Look for your mates.
[/s]

BALI, INDONESIA: Today, was a good day for Team Nigeria participating in the World Schools Debating Championship (WSDC) currently going on in Bali, Indonesia as they beat their opponent, Team Barbados to 3 – 0 in a preliminary round of debate.

The 2017 World Schools Debating Championship (WSDC) is taking place from August 1 to August 11 in Bali, an island in Indonesia with the reputation as an international tourism destination known for its natural beauty and unique culture heritage.

The tournament is hosted by the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture in collaboration with The Jakarta Post Foundation.

Participants from all across the globe are taking part in WSDC Bali 2017. As the WSDC attracts more nations to participate each year, the local organizing committee in Indonesia made preparations to accommodate up to 700 people consisting of debaters, adjudicators, coaches, and observers.

In line with the WSDC rule, each nation may send one delegation that will be the official representative of their nation to compete in WSDC Bali 2017.

The championship applies the 3-on-3 debate format, in which each debater has 8 minutes for their speeches while reply speech lasts for 4 minutes. Each team can consist of 3 to 5 debaters. Before the grand final round, there will be 8 preliminary rounds, the partial doubleoctofinals, the octofinals, the quarterfinals, and the semifinals.

Serving as Co-Chief Adjudicator of WSDC Bali 2017 is Kip Oebanda from the Philippines. In addition to his extensive experience in debate adjudication, Kip has also served as member of the panel during WSDC. Cape Town 2012 and WSDC Antalya 2013. At the moment, the local organizing committee of WSDC Bali 2017 is still looking for someone else to be Kip’s Co-Chief Adjudicator.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by naturalwaves: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
You are dumb. Everyone is a winner. Stop showcasing your hopelessness. Winning is winning, afterwards you have not won anything in your life before.

[s][/s]

Honestly, you are the greatest idiat I have ever come across on this platform. I said Nigeria did not win it, you said we did and I should provide evidence. I provided link evidence, you said you dont trust it, I provided pictures, you still did not trust it. I provided videos where you saw clearly, that Singapore won the competition and rather than accept your mistakes and apologise, you resorted into abuse and self defence. Since everyone is a winner by your logic, why did they bother to travel for the competition? shocked shocked shocked. They should have stayed back then. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by LasGidiOwner: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
You are a dumb illiterate. Stop embarrassing your idiotic self. In this game everyone is a winner. Stop being foolish

[s]
naturalwaves:
Honestly, you are the greatest idiat I have ever come across on this platform. I said Nigeria did not win it, you said we did and I should provide evidence. I provided link evidence, you said you dont trust it, I provided pictures, you still did not trust it. I provided videos where you saw clearly, that Singapore won the competition and rather than accept your mistakes and apologise, you resorted into abuse and self defence. Since everyone is a winner by your logic, why did they bother to travel for the competition? shocked shocked shocked. They should have stayed back then. undecided undecided undecided
[/s]

BALI, INDONESIA: Today, was a good day for Team Nigeria participating in the World Schools Debating Championship (WSDC) currently going on in Bali, Indonesia as they beat their opponent, Team Barbados to 3 – 0 in a preliminary round of debate.

The 2017 World Schools Debating Championship (WSDC) is taking place from August 1 to August 11 in Bali, an island in Indonesia with the reputation as an international tourism destination known for its natural beauty and unique culture heritage.

The tournament is hosted by the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture in collaboration with The Jakarta Post Foundation.

Participants from all across the globe are taking part in WSDC Bali 2017. As the WSDC attracts more nations to participate each year, the local organizing committee in Indonesia made preparations to accommodate up to 700 people consisting of debaters, adjudicators, coaches, and observers.

In line with the WSDC rule, each nation may send one delegation that will be the official representative of their nation to compete in WSDC Bali 2017.

The championship applies the 3-on-3 debate format, in which each debater has 8 minutes for their speeches while reply speech lasts for 4 minutes. Each team can consist of 3 to 5 debaters. Before the grand final round, there will be 8 preliminary rounds, the partial doubleoctofinals, the octofinals, the quarterfinals, and the semifinals.

Serving as Co-Chief Adjudicator of WSDC Bali 2017 is Kip Oebanda from the Philippines. In addition to his extensive experience in debate adjudication, Kip has also served as member of the panel during WSDC. Cape Town 2012 and WSDC Antalya 2013. At the moment, the local organizing committee of WSDC Bali 2017 is still looking for someone else to be Kip’s Co-Chief Adjudicator.

Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by naturalwaves: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
Nigeria faced Singapore in one of the rounds. See our representatives here. They tried and kudos to them but we did not win the competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79UlWVtWnI
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by naturalwaves: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
You are a dumb illiterate. Stop embarrassing your idiotic self. In this game everyone is a winner. Stop being foolish

[s][/s]

Stop spamming the thread. I am done with you.
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by Lofys: 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
election tricks.. #AnambraDecides #WillieMustGoBackToTexas. #VoteTonyNwoye for Governor Anambra-the choice of the youth.

Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by Icon79(m): 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
Thank you so much, bro!

If I get a dollar for every fake news I read on this forum, I would be richer than Dangote by now. Our moderators definitely need to do better, especially on the threads they move to the FP. At minimum try to verify the information ... that can be easily done via google, or try crosschecking the info with other legitimate news outlets.

O pari

naturalwaves:

It is such a shame that this report is fake. The writer could not even spell "Bali". How can they win the World School Debate Championship and not get a trophy? Well, just to set the records straight, this year's edition took place in Bali, Indonesia and it was won by Singapore. England was second. The Nigerian team did not even make the semi final talk less of winning it. South Africa and United states were the semi finalist in the competition. This is a big lie and it is such a shame. This is not to take anything away from the students that represented us. Well done to them.
Moderators should always verify things before moving to front page so that the public will not be fed with falsehood. Most senseless Naija bloggers have already pasted the fake news with their usual copy and paste.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by naturalwaves: 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
Icon79:
Thank you so much, bro!

If I get a dollar for every fake news I read on this forum, I would be richer than Dangote by now. Our moderators definitely need to do better, especially on the threads they move to the FP. At minimum try to verify the information ... that can be easily done via google, or try crosschecking the info with other legitimate news outlets.

O pari

Exactly bro. Nairaland is losing credibility so fast. Moderators just move any trash without verifications to the front page. To make it worse, an idiat is even still arguing after providing him with more than enough evidences. Such a shame!
Re: Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance by Bishops10(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
Chai.... Lucky chaps, I was the second best in imo state in my own time. Nobody recognized us sef

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? / Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances / Is Ojukwu A War Hero Or A Coward !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.