Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) (28811 Views)

Apostle Suleman: Why Assassins Were After My Life / Apostle Suleman: Why I Won’t Take COVID-19 Vaccine / Apostle Suleman: Why I Rejected Cash Gift From Boy Who Later Got Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by gratiaeo(m): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
Enough said

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by marvin902(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
i nor just know wetin i go tell this man undecided undecided undecided
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by okenwaa(m): 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
ezugegere:

Jesus Christ taught u to lie?

Are u sure u are ok??

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
He only used the wrong word. He should have said annulment. In the catholic church, such a marriage did not even happen. It's just like you got admitted into the university using a fake result. When you are sent packing after discovery, you won't be referred to as an ex student because you did not meet the entry requirements hence you didn't even enter.

3 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by owoshuyi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
That is y it is good to pray before u marry.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by munas: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
nefertitiram:
A marriage based on lies can be annulled, it is not called a divorce but an annulment, based on the premise of "it never happened in the first place" because it was built on lies and deception. The catholic church also annuls such marriages. I know this because I married in a catholic church.
There are two ways to legally end a marriage - annulment and divorce. An annulment is a legal procedure which cancels a marriage between a man and a woman. Annulling a marriage is as though it is completely erased - legally, it declares that the marriage never technically existed and was never valid. So if a man or a woman lies about his or fertility or HIV or mental status, and the spouse finds out, the marriage is rendered invalid and can be dissolved almost instantly. Like it never happened.

As for divorce, this doesn't happen in the church, only in the law court. The church can encourage separation and sue for peace esp in issues of domestic violence but divorce cannot happen. And if you chose to separate from your partner, you must remain unmarried, until death do you part.

So Apostle suleiman is correct in this case

Abeg help me tell all this baby christians...
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by AreaFada2: 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
Marriage based on deception is invalid.

It can be annulled. It is different from divorce. You can only divorce from a valid marriage.

Annulled marriages were null & void ab initio. They never existed.

Annulment is just an official restoration of status quo ante. And evidence rendering the marriage certificate/status useless.

Many people have very little understanding of basic stuff. They just huff & puff like religious extremists.

4 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by munas: 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
A marriage is annullable if the marriage has been essentially invalid from the beginning. A declaration of nullity may be required from a designated authority to establish this, a declaration that a marriage never existed even though a ceremony took place. Certain conditions could make a "marriage" annullable:

Non-consummation: Saying "I do" at the altar is not enough; there must be unprotected sexual intercourse within a period from the date of exchange of marital vows. If, for no GOOD reason, one of the partners refuses to have sexual relations within the period, the aggrieved partner can call for annulment. Impotence may make a marriage annullable.

Force or duress: If a partner was coerced into marriage, then the union is annullable. For example, you see a woman or their family threatening to deal with a man, that he must marry their daughter because he has made her pregnant, or a woman claiming to be pregnant to the groom.

Mental capacity: There was a man called Dogo in my village back then. He was mentally unstable. Anyhow, I heard his family got a "wife" for him. Now, such union, if it happened, was invalid because Dogo was unable to understand the institution of marriage because of his mental insufficiency. Therefore, neither him nor his "wife" was truly married! Even if a person is mentally stable, they may not yet be mentally developed to understand the institution of marriage. For example, a 6-year-old. Such persons are also unable to enter into a valid marriage.

Deceit: A marriage is annullable if one of the partners deceived the other partner, maybe by withdrawing some vital information necessary for the other partner to take the decision whether to get married to the person or not. For example, a woman's genotype is AS, and the man's own is also AS, but the woman conspired with the doctor and gave the impression that she is AA. If the man marries the woman and later discovers the truth, he can, if he so wishes, calls for annulment. Concealment of an important piece of information. For example, an addiction to alcohol or drugs, conviction of a felony, or children from a prior relationship. If one spouse has failed to disclose important facts like these, the other may be able to get an annulment.

Blood relations: A valid marriage cannot occur between people who are too closely related by blood. Most cultures define a degree of closeness within which a marriage cannot occur.

Unauthorized marriage: A marriage is invalid if it was supervised by an unauthorized person.

Being already duly married: You cannot marry a person if you are already validly married to another.

Either party made a public perpetual vow of chastity in a religious institute: Marrying, for example, a Catholic priest, sworn to celibacy, is of no effect.

Impediment of crime: Bringing about the death of one's own spouse or the spouse of another, with the intention of marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ecc 7:26 " And I find something more bitter than death: the woman whose heart is snares and nets, and whose hands are fetters. He who pleases God escapes her, but the sinner is taken by her."

It is absolutely impossible for a True Believer to end up with a deceiful partner.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by LordIsaac(m): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
He is right....unɗer the circumstances he mentioned, there was no marriage in the first place. The lie stanɗs annulled!

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Godsgal(f): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
9japrof:
If by dissolved, he meant divorce then the Bible is very clear on it, that the only grounds that a couple can divorce and then remarry is only adultery.

Any doing otherwise is just committing adultery.

All these fake pastors who keep swindling their sheep while carting away millions like say be rouges, twisting the word of God to suit them.
God bless you. But pls i'll like you to go thru that passage again. Our lord said 'xcept for fornication' not adultery. And fornication has to do with 2 unmarried partners. Hence, Jesus only gave room for divorce when in courtship with ur spouse & u discover he/she is cheating. So, divorce for married couple is only devil inspired regardless of the reason.
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by sdan01: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
if u lie to ur partner about ur inpotency as a man and also a baring woman that lies about her being baring and decieve some one into a relationship, such union is nt called marriage, because the essence of marriage is for pro-creation and any body that is nt capable of it cant marry. The Apostle is right.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by tintingz(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
Daeylar:
I agree with his reason, very true
He was very correct

What kind of meme is this? It's too funny, grin grin I've been laughing since.
Na Madam Otobo grin grin
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by tintingz(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
sdan01:
if u lie to ur partner about ur inpotency as a man and also a baring woman that lies about her being baring and decieve some one into a relationship, such union is nt called marriage, because the essence of marriage is for pro-creation and any body that is nt capable of it cant marry. The Apostle is right.
This is wrong, I use to think archaic like this before.

If someone can't procreate it doesn't stop such person from marrying, there are other ways to procreat now in this more enlighten age and besides such couples can adopt a child(ren).
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by nefertitiram: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
munas:

Abeg help me tell all this baby christians...

Lol @ baby Christians. It is only evident that most of them are unmarried. Because during marriage counselling, this information will be made available. I remember sitting with my husband to discuss if there were any impediments that would render our marriage invalid. Its better to spill it now o, so that we won't waste money on ceremonies.
I remember then I had some issues which I shared with him, and he was cool with them. A broken relationship is better than annulled marriage. After spending millions on Lagos marriage and next thing, it was all a waste because the marriage was invalid
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by nefertitiram: 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2017
tintingz:
This is wrong, I use to think archaic like this before.

If someone can't procreate it doesn't stop such person from marrying, there are other ways to procreat now in this more enlighten age and besides such couples can adopt a child(ren).

If they both agree its fine. Not when one party deceives the other, and traps him/her in such a hopeless situation. Everything is agreement. It is selfish and wicked to lie about things like fertility status, prior marital status, hiv status and mental state. Hence, the church has every right to grant the aggrieved party respite thru annulment
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by nefertitiram: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
AreaFada2:
Marriage based on deception is invalid.

It can be annulled. It is different from divorce. You can only divorce from a valid marriage.

Annulled marriages were null & void ab initio. They never existed.

Annulment is just an official restoration of status quo ante. And evidence rendering the marriage certificate/status useless.

Many people have very little understanding of basic stuff. They just huff & puff like religious extremists.

Gbam
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by attackgat: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
The fraud of a pastor who could not defend himself against Stephanie Otobo.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by patjane(f): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
So right...
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by TheVictorious(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2017
Godsgal:
God bless you. But pls i'll like you to go thru that passage again. Our lord said 'xcept for fornication' not adultery. And fornication has to do with 2 unmarried partners. Hence, Jesus only gave room for divorce when in courtship with ur spouse & u discover he/she is cheating. So, divorce for married couple is only devil inspired regardless of the reason.

You don't think the vows they swore was false. Pls put me through, just asking! And if the vow was false, doesn't that mean the marriage never even existed in the first place
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by daviefm(m): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2017
Assensio:
apostle suleman ko,apostle suleman ni...wu b dis man sef...i go beat him lyf if i catch am..abi him de craze ni
THE ASENSIO I KNOW IS A FOOTBALLER NOT WRESTLER
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Ssms(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
Evaberry:
yy d space......evaberry n space booking r like motor n fuel
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by 1cor2v9: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Some people wanted to proof they Sabi Bible by attacking the man who was saying basic truth but ended up proofing their stinking ignorance.
Ignorance can make one stupid indeed.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by 1cor2v9: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
To those who are stressing divorce only on adultery. Let's keep Bible aside and ask yourself.. Will u remain in a marriage where your spouse is impotent or barren and u were deceived into such marriage
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by APOSTLECHUMA: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
[quote author=Benjom post=60380413]... but sir, God can restore that challenged person sha o . THIS MODERN JUDAS PREACHING FOR MONEY HAS LOST REVELATION OF GOD'S POWER TO HEAL. GOD BLESS U FOR TELLING THE BLJND PREACHER THE TRUTH.
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Yameater(m): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2017
9japrof:
If by dissolved, he meant divorce then the Bible is very clear on it, that the only grounds that a couple can divorce and then remarry is only adultery.

All these fake pastors who keep swindling their sheep while carting away millions like say be rouges, twisting the word of God to suit them.

I am very angry with you right now
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by AngelicBeing: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2017
nefertitiram:
A marriage based on lies can be annulled, it is not called a divorce but an annulment, based on the premise of "it never happened in the first place" because it was built on lies and deception. The catholic church also annuls such marriages. I know this because I married in a catholic church.
There are two ways to legally end a marriage - annulment and divorce. An annulment is a legal procedure which cancels a marriage between a man and a woman. Annulling a marriage is as though it is completely erased - legally, it declares that the marriage never technically existed and was never valid. So if a man or a woman lies about his or fertility or HIV or mental status, and the spouse finds out, the marriage is rendered invalid and can be dissolved almost instantly. Like it never happened.

As for divorce, this doesn't happen in the church, only in the law court. The church can encourage separation and sue for peace esp in issues of domestic violence but divorce cannot happen. And if you chose to separate from your partner, you must remain unmarried, until death do you part.

So Apostle suleiman is correct in this case
cool
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Assensio(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
daviefm:

THE ASENSIO I KNOW IS A FOOTBALLER NOT WRESTLER
i dey watch mayweather ni
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by munas: 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
nefertitiram:

Lol @ baby Christians. It is only evident that most of them are unmarried. Because during marriage counselling, this information will be made available. I remember sitting with my husband to discuss if there were any impediments that would render our marriage invalid. Its better to spill it now o, so that we won't waste money on ceremonies.
I remember then I had some issues which I shared with him, and he was cool with them. A broken relationship is better than annulled marriage. After spending millions on Lagos marriage and next thing, it was all a waste because the marriage was invalid

I call them baby christians cos they are just jumping up and dowm quoting scriptures they know nothing about. Some even attend some mushroom churches were they know nothing about annulling a marriage based on deceit.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by TheShepherd(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
Yes, the Scripture permit divorce only because of adultery, BUT the Bible doesn't permit re-marry. Mark 10:11,12.
9japrof:

Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
Apostle Johnson is right on this one. I will borrow my argument from my Catholic background. I was a catholic for over 20 years before I joined the Pentecostals.
In Catholic understanding, the TWO must come together to become ONE. In practice this means the two MUST disclose to each other any experience they had had or defeats in their systems/bodies that is capable of affecting the marriage negatively in the future. For example if a guy is impotent and KNOWS it, he MUST disclose same to his intended wife. If a bride KNOWS, for example, that she can't conceive, then she must divulge such to her would be husband. If not, after the marriage, the truth is discovered & the offended party discides he/she can't take it, in a situation like this, the Catholic Church will grant a dissolution of the "marriage". This is not divorce. The catholic church does NOT believe in or condone divorce. In the example above, the church says that there was no marriage ab initio. This means that even though men may have joined the two together, God didn't consider it a marriage because it was built on lies. There was no coming together to become ONE in truth and purpose.

Now the process of dissolving a marriage under these conditions in the Catholic Church can take years. There is usually thorough investigations, canon law- based trials and eventual approval by no other than the pope himself after all legal and moral grounds are satisfied.

Suleiman Johnson may or may not know this but I agree with him on his submissions
Re: Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
Everyone crying foul about what Suleman said is a fowl.

Fowls always crying foul grin

Can any live with such a patner even as a Christian. You didnt tell me you dont have a womb untill we got married. And after the marriage you started telling me stories and how you are sorry. You are a devil and living with a devil is what Christ frowns at.

Or you didnt tell a woman you are impotent as a man untill after marriage when the poor woman needs your lashing and discorvers the thing cant rise.
And you start beging her saying sorry.

I know of a man in my former Church that the fiance opened up to. She told him she doesnt have a womb that her womb was damaged and had to be removed as a result of abortion and the man still went ahead to marry her.
The lady eventualy got pregnant after several years and the have a baby boy. It is aways better to open up. The person that will marry you will one dsy show up no matter what.

A martiage planted on such big secrets and lies wont last
Abi
Who among you will continue with such a union?

Always be sincere when discussing spiritual matters.

Although there was a wedding on that day of your wedding buut there was no marriage. All you did was a celebration not a marriage and you are as free as the air to call it a quit with such partner.

Apostle is Right

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To End Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa – TB Joshua / Church Members Give Their Offerings At The Feet Of Their Pastor In Ghana (Video) / "RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.