Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,239 members, 7,811,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group (28167 Views)

Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Worshippers / Pastor Shaibu Butchered To Death By Muslim Youths In Masu, Kano (Graphic Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Curses Jeremiah Omolara's Killers (Winners’ Chapel Pastor Kaduna) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Midgut(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara, the Osun priestess threatened by a Muslim group, Majlisu Shabab li Ulamahu Society, in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State, to desist from holding a planned Isese festival in the state, has shared her side of the story.

Trouble started Monday following the release of fliers announcing the three-day event in Ilorin. Not long after the fliers emerged online, members of the Muslim group stormed her residence and warned her not to hold the festival. The group said they were sent by the Emir of Ilorin, Dr Sulu Gambari.

In a new video released online, Omolara shared her side of the story, bemoaning the unfortunate situation and also disclosing that her life was in danger.

She revealed that since the issue went viral, she had received numerous death threats.

Speaking during a short video published on Facebook, Omolara recounted her ordeal since the announcement of her event.

”I was planning an Isese festival in Ilorin. Issues began after fliers for the event were posted online. In no time, I was bombarded with calls and social media tags.

“Some of my people soon began calling to inform me of plans by the imams to shut my event down. It’s been a stressful couple of days since the fliers were released, I have received multiple death threats from unknown people.”

The priestess expressed surprise at the turn of events, adding that it was the first time she would face such harassment in the city.

“I have lived in Ilorin for many years and experienced nothing but peace until recently. I have always been fair and kind to my neighbours and this has been reciprocated over the years.

“I’ve always considered Ilorin a peaceful place and lived in peace with my neighbors for years until recently.”

Omolara, who said she once facilitated the construction of a mosque and a well in the community, amongst other philanthropic acts, said none of her neighbours had provided her with support amid her travails.

Given what I have done for the community, it came as a rude shock when no one offered any assistance during my time of need,” she said.

Yeye Omolara, however, promised to continue helping her community despite the treatment received from the Imams.

Asked if she would ever consider converting to Islam, Omolara answered no, and said “Even if I was considering this, their recent behavior has convinced me otherwise.”

THE PUNCH gathered that the festival, aimed at celebrating a few Yoruba deities was eventually canceled.

Source: https://punchng.com/i-canceled-ilorin-isese-festival-after-my-life-was-threatened-neighbours-abandoned-me-osun-priestess/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Emperormartin(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
The last time I checked, ilorin is a Fulani caliphate

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by illicit(m): 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2023
It's wrong taking it to them if they detests it! undecided

19 Likes

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2023
Threatened by a Muslim group

Hmmmmm

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by YeyeGbami: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2023
No mind them yeye omolara, Muslims in naija lack tolerance for other religions.

Meanwhile elsewhere islam is peaceful.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by OriOko88(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2023
undecided
I used to wonder why islam is called religion on peace. Nothing is peaceful in islam history,as Mohammed was never peaceful. He fought so many wars, fought the Jews and Christians,and was defeated twice. Even the hadith which islam doctrines and sharia laws was based on have been disputed as it was gathered by Aisha.

Many of them are in france now burning houses fighting for equality. D same equality they can't preach. Rada rada.

The oniseses are peaceful sha,they re not like d sango worshippers who re violent like Muslims.. Those ones would have gone on with their rites and invoke sango on anyone who tried to disrupt them. Nonsense undecided

166 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by EleventhWeirdo: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2023
Hmm

How do we resolve this conflict between Ilorin customary law that forbids idolatry/polytheism and the fundamental freedoms of religious association upheld by the Nigerian constitution?

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by SolarEngr(m): 10:29am On Jul 03, 2023
What a pity.
Where's freedom of expression?
Where's freedom to practice your religion?

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Pio44: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2023
Fear some west

2 Likes

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Viraltrends123: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2023
LOL, if it's in ilorin, then you might receive threats, Traditional religion lags in that state, and I bet, you will receive few attendants, it's like organizing Islamic program in the south east, you will also be threatened and will receive few attendants

29 Likes

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by fabolouz1(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2023
If only Sarah didn't force Abraham to sleep with her maid ...

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Xkale1996(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2023
You need to be stop
Useless woman
Idol worshiper

16 Likes

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Mindlog: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2023
Hmm...
Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by omoadeleye(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2023
Well, they should stand up for their rights

1 Like

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by ZUKKYY(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2023
Yoruba ronu grin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Ayohbk(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2023
intolerance at its finest . Extremism on full show.
We are not free until we are all free.

Nigeria is a secular country , everyone should be free to practice their religion as long as it doesn't hurt or cause harm to another.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Nahunger(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2023
Hmm
This is very wrong nau, for what ?
What kind of constitution is Nigeria using bayi ntori oloun

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by twilliamx(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2023
Kk
Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Heroicvic(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2023
Yorubas are known to be tolerant and peace loving people, what has gone wrong over the years?

They now take pride in tribalism and religious bigotry...

I grew up in Yoruba land as an igbo boy and one thing I did as I relocated to osogbo was to remove my middle name as the only one with igbo pronunciation

Now my question is

Has omoluaabi as commonly referred amongst themselves changed overnight because of the previously concluded election?

Have they always been disguising as a peace lovers all these while?

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Maynmann: 10:31am On Jul 03, 2023
Emperormartin:
The last time I checked, ilorin is a Fulani caliphate
How did you check?

6 Likes

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Zupay: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2023
Same Ilorin populated by the Yoruba-speaking people and some were living in denial. cheesy grin grin

28 Likes

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by mytime24(f): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2023
R.O.P
Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Steinmann: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2023
#DAY 36 (STOLEN MANDATE)
The truth is coming out slowly.
The European union report is out.

7 Likes

Re: Osun Priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Olokun Omolara Threatened By Muslim Group by Germi9: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2023
They actually conquered the west

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / Fire Of God Will Consume Those Messing Around With Traditional Rulers - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.