Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

A Few Words For Nnamdi K Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Few Words For Nnamdi K Kanu (472 Views)

Obasanjo Is Afraid To Say That The Buhari In Aso Rock Is Jubril, Says Nnamdi K / Biafra: Ekweremadu, Abaribe, Other Igbo Senators Meet Buhari Over IPOB, Nnamdi K / Fayose Poses In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Ruling (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Few Words For Nnamdi K Kanu by tosinspot: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
A Few Words For Nnamdi K Kanu

Creation of A Mini-Nigeria

His creation of Biafra can also be called a Mini-Nigeria. Since his motive is not to reorientate his selected few but to seclude them. If he’s not able to alter their mentality to be productive before the departure, he shouldn't expect anything new after the arrival. Even though the Israelites were promised a new territory, God needed their mindset altered in order to maximize the promised property. This He did, through different encounters, signs and wonders, but due to their inability to comprehend, a new generation of people replaced them. And He still continues to do that in our lives by making sure we are ready for our next level before launching us into it.

We Excel As Individuals

It’s a limitation of the mind for one to ascribe his/her success to a group of people or a tribe. As a smart student sitting for an exam, the best I can do to help my colleagues pass their exams is by tutoring or being study partners with them. I can't take their exams for them and moving them to another school won't guarantee their success either. Whether the world is segregated by countries or not, goal driven influential individuals will still emerge and they will do so under any circumstance. Many Nigerians have proven this to be true. We have different tribes excelling in regions and states that are not their origin.

Newer Countries From A New Country

Same excuses used to break away from Nigeria might be used to break ethnicities into newer countries. That is, if his ideologies fails in Biafra, a gathering with different ethnicities, it won't be long before ethnic groups’ start craving to become countries. In fact this can go as further as families becoming countries. I need a reason why this can't happen.

Suffering For The Wrong Course

Suffering for the wrong course which is equivalent to advanced self-pity does not get things done. The energy, time and resources hovering over him can be used to challenge some of the issues he believes his people are facing in Nigeria. The option of fixing the decayed political structure (which is a form of giving to government) and using it as a tool to minister/cater to his people is available. How? Where there is a will, there's a way and unless he doesn’t truly have the interest of his people at heart, will he not see a way in this option. This option in my opinion, is far cheaper and lifesaving, than breaking away.

Conclusion

We need to constantly remind ourselves that the government is us, every Nigerian. The type of results we all expect from any form of known governance is not feasible, rather we should equate our expectations to what we give to the government. We (government) give a group of people (politicians) our resources e.g. taxes, natural resources etc. and in return, we (government) are given welfare, highways, healthcare etc.

If a mathematical equation can show the ratio of what we (government) give, to what we (government) expect through democracy, it would be ridiculous. If you are quick to point out corruption, please refer to my first post, http://www.tosinspot.com/how-corrupt-are-we, I addressed corruption to the best of my knowledge.

Even though I'm a participant of the present day form of government, democracy, and I strive to abide by its laws and regulations, I’ve always and will continue to regard it as a secondary form of government. Hence, I have less interest in its structures.

The only form of government I believe would cater to all of our needs and meet our expectations is "Loving your neighbor as yourself" governance. The scale/weight of the existence of this government in any country determines/dictates the excellence/greatness of that country regardless of the form of government practiced in that country because it's the only primary form of government.
In this system of governance, a key practice is giving and not receiving. During this practice, it’s almost as if, the giver is at the same time the receiver at the other end. The standards of our communities/societies is elevated and guess who benefits from this elevation? You! You get to drive on better roads, know of little to no crime, see youths become productive etc. The amount of resources we give to our government today through democracy is a no match for our expectations, we can do better.

Bricklayers, Nurses, Tailors, Policemen, Politicians e.tc the scale doesn't matter, we all should be actively giving to government AKA our communities/societies using our God given gifts/skills. There is that skill of yours that will give our communities a face lift, sleep over it, meditate on it, and find a way to release it. We need it! The work of our hands should reflect in our communities.

Most importantly, from a Christian point of view, we don't want to be caught up in the parable of the three servants, Matthew 25. Giving to government is an indirect way of giving part of the profits from the skills/talent He gave us to Him .That way, He increases and strengthens us.
I encourage everyone to start giving to government today. The more we give to government, the less we would expect from it and actually we will all get more from it.

www.tosinspot.com
Re: A Few Words For Nnamdi K Kanu by tribalistseun: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
tosinspot:
A Few Words For Nnamdi K Kanu

Creation of A Mini-Nigeria

His creation of Biafra can also be called a Mini-Nigeria. Since his motive is not to reorientate his selected few but to seclude them. If he’s not able to alter their mentality to be productive before the departure, he shouldn't expect anything new after the arrival. Even though the Israelites were promised a new territory, God needed their mindset altered in order to maximize the promised property. This He did, through different encounters, signs and wonders, but due to their inability to comprehend, a new generation of people replaced them. And He still continues to do that in our lives by making sure we are ready for our next level before launching us into it.

We Excel As Individuals

It’s a limitation of the mind for one to ascribe his/her success to a group of people or a tribe. As a smart student sitting for an exam, the best I can do to help my colleagues pass their exams is by tutoring or being study partners with them. I can't take their exams for them and moving them to another school won't guarantee their success either. Whether the world is segregated by countries or not, goal driven influential individuals will still emerge and they will do so under any circumstance. Many Nigerians have proven this to be true. We have different tribes excelling in regions and states that are not their origin.

Newer Countries From A New Country

Same excuses used to break away from Nigeria might be used to break ethnicities into newer countries. That is, if his ideologies fails in Biafra, a gathering with different ethnicities, it won't be long before ethnic groups’ start craving to become countries. In fact this can go as further as families becoming countries. I need a reason why this can't happen.

Suffering For The Wrong Course

Suffering for the wrong course which is equivalent to advanced self-pity does not get things done. The energy, time and resources hovering over him can be used to challenge some of the issues he believes his people are facing in Nigeria. The option of fixing the decayed political structure (which is a form of giving to government) and using it as a tool to minister/cater to his people is available. How? Where there is a will, there's a way and unless he doesn’t truly have the interest of his people at heart, will he not see a way in this option. This option in my opinion, is far cheaper and lifesaving, than breaking away.

Conclusion

We need to constantly remind ourselves that the government is us, every Nigerian. The type of results we all expect from any form of known governance is not feasible, rather we should equate our expectations to what we give to the government. We (government) give a group of people (politicians) our resources e.g. taxes, natural resources etc. and in return, we (government) are given welfare, highways, healthcare etc.

If a mathematical equation can show the ratio of what we (government) give, to what we (government) expect through democracy, it would be ridiculous. If you are quick to point out corruption, please refer to my first post, http://www.tosinspot.com/how-corrupt-are-we, I addressed corruption to the best of my knowledge.

Even though I'm a participant of the present day form of government, democracy, and I strive to abide by its laws and regulations, I’ve always and will continue to regard it as a secondary form of government. Hence, I have less interest in its structures.

The only form of government I believe would cater to all of our needs and meet our expectations is "Loving your neighbor as yourself" governance. The scale/weight of the existence of this government in any country determines/dictates the excellence/greatness of that country regardless of the form of government practiced in that country because it's the only primary form of government.
In this system of governance, a key practice is giving and not receiving. During this practice, it’s almost as if, the giver is at the same time the receiver at the other end. The standards of our communities/societies is elevated and guess who benefits from this elevation? You! You get to drive on better roads, know of little to no crime, see youths become productive etc. The amount of resources we give to our government today through democracy is a no match for our expectations, we can do better.

Bricklayers, Nurses, Tailors, Policemen, Politicians e.tc the scale doesn't matter, we all should be actively giving to government AKA our communities/societies using our God given gifts/skills. There is that skill of yours that will give our communities a face lift, sleep over it, meditate on it, and find a way to release it. We need it! The work of our hands should reflect in our communities.

Most importantly, from a Christian point of view, we don't want to be caught up in the parable of the three servants, Matthew 25. Giving to government is an indirect way of giving part of the profits from the skills/talent He gave us to Him .That way, He increases and strengthens us.
I encourage everyone to start giving to government today. The more we give to government, the less we would expect from it and actually we will all get more from it.

www.tosinspot.com
Afonjas

Re: A Few Words For Nnamdi K Kanu by sammyscholar(m): 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
This is brilliant! You are right in your assertion.

(1) (Reply)

The game in this Country / Video:president Buhari Created Kanu, Gave Him Powers, May Create Biafra Too–reno / Nigerian Soldiers Feed Arrested IPOB "Security Operatives" With Jollof And Fried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.