Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,212 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

My Experience: Finding A Job After Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience: Finding A Job After Nysc (1811 Views)

10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Getting A Job After Nysc: How Long Is Too Long? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience: Finding A Job After Nysc by assisttohire: 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
MY EXPERIENCE: FINDING A JOB AFTER NYSC

As the days of a serving corp member gradually comes to an end, the thoughts of many are usually laced with questions and confusion. The question of how to find a decent job? Where next to go? and What to do? comes to play in their hearts.

In my case, I was almost 100% sure I would be retained at my place of primary assignment. The day came when discharge certificates were issued. The organization celebrated us by organizing a party for us and issued the outstanding corpers a recommendation letter. I felt heartbroken, considering the amount of labor, dedication, and sacrifice I went through for the organization. After 3 months of fruitless effort trying to secure a position at the organization, I was broke. I realized I had wasted so much time, money, and energy, without achieving anything.

I took the following steps that turned things around for me and eventually got me my first job;

Return home:

unless you have a steady flow of income, the first thing to do after NYSC, is to head back home or move to a friend or relative’s place. So you wouldn’t have to spend so much on feeding, accommodation, and other trivial expenses.

Improve yourself:

work on yourself. Don’t relax expecting manna to fall from somewhere. Read books, inspiring articles, learn a skill, attend seminars or further your education.

Use the internet:

in a world where almost everything has gone digital, it is important you make good use of the internet. You could find various job opportunities on the internet.

Apply for jobs:

applying for job vacancies is one of the first steps to getting your dream job. If you want to get a chance to the interview stage, you need to first apply.

Attend the interview:

finally, attend interviews. If you don’t attend interviews, how will you make mistakes? and if you don’t make mistakes, how will you learn? It is important you attend every interview and learn from your mistakes if you are not taken.

I finally got a job as a content writer despite the fact that I studied Accounting at the University. I had developed myself so well by my frequent use of the internet and when I applied online, I got the job at assisttohire.com

If you are considering using the internet in your job search, assisttohire is one place to begin.

At assisttohire, we connect suitable employees with the right employer by providing useful job information. To know more about us, please visit: http://www.assisttohire.com

Re: My Experience: Finding A Job After Nysc by drealcivilceno(m): 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2017
Please, i am a student and i need a job in content writing... What should i do?
Re: My Experience: Finding A Job After Nysc by assisttohire: 8:58am On Oct 05, 2017
there is a job vacancy for content writers at the concept group, please check it out
http://www.assisttohire.com/blog/2017/10/04/content-writer-needed-concept-group/

(1) (Reply)

POP For Batch A 2012/2013 Corpers Comes Up When? / Pictures Of Prospective Corps Members Waiting For Their Call Up Letters / NYSC 2016 Batch A Stream 1 Camp Date Has Been Shifted!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.