Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

New Words Just Added Into The Nigerian Oxford Dictionary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Words Just Added Into The Nigerian Oxford Dictionary (819 Views)

'dasuki' A New Word In Oxford Dictionary / Dr.reuben Abati Moves To Oxford's SAID Business School (photos) / Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Words Just Added Into The Nigerian Oxford Dictionary by congoshine(m): 7:22am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=18pt]Goodluck[/size]:
(noun):
…. A person who is always silent when his boss is under fire, he never utters a word during the travails of his bosses, and remains loyal to them, other people tend to fight his battles for him, and he always comes out victorious in the end, s/he does not fight for power and influence, but through the mercies of God, they fall into his laps….

e.g Gbenga is a goodluck, are you a goodluck?

[size=18pt]Yar'-adua [/size]
(noun)
, a person who abandons his people and is silent for a long period of time,
e.g. My girlfriend's gone Yar'adua on me again,

Why the Yar'adua, is everything okay?,

Yar'adua is the best answer for a fool,

[size=18pt]

Turai:[/size]
(verb)
, very greedy person,

E.g.

That babe is too turai for my liking,

Why are you eating like a turai person?

[size=18pt]
Amodu: [/size]
(verb):
, clueless individual, daft in the extreme,

eg That guy is an Amodu. Also a disease, e.g Its not his fault he is suffering from Amodu's syndrome.
Re: New Words Just Added Into The Nigerian Oxford Dictionary by ASL33: 7:56am On Feb 27, 2010
Yaradua can also mean slow or snail.

like " A plate of rice two fish and two yaradua(snail)". grin
Re: New Words Just Added Into The Nigerian Oxford Dictionary by henry101(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2010
ASL33:

Yaradua can also mean slow or snail.

like " A plate of rice two fish and two yaradua(snail)". grin

What about a plate of yaradua with small pepper and onions.

@ congoshine
Abeg give me d meaning of Abdulmutallabism, Sanusism and Obeejayism cos I don 4get am b4 l go c am 4 test.
I think Soludo means d more u look, d less u c.

A beg dont say am suffering from Amodu's syndrome o.
Re: New Words Just Added Into The Nigerian Oxford Dictionary by congoshine(m): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
henry101:

@ congoshine
Abeg give me d meaning of Abdulmutallabism, Sanusism and Obeejayism cos I don 4get am b4 l go c am 4 test.
I think Soludo means d more u look, d less u c.

Abdullmutallab
To blow one's chance in life
e.g I just Muttalabed my opprtunity sha. . . .

OBJ
To leave your country/friend/family in a dangerous state (posting)
e.g I objed the policeman

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Nuzo? / Egypt:why We’ve Not Acted On Yarima’s Marriage To Minor / How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.