Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax (3146 Views)

Which Picture Protector Is The Better To Use? / What Kind Of Apps Are Better To Develop / Vb vs Java: Which Is Better For Mobile Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax by sunnyben: 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
I have a project at hand that needs to incorporate database exchange between servers and we concluded on using XML format.
I started going through materials online and found these two APIs which are capable and i'm divided on which one is better for the project. Can anyone advise me on this?
Re: Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax by Seun(m): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2010
Just build your own custom format around the features of DataInputStream and DataOutputStream. That way you'll spend more time implementing application features and less time dealing with the annoying limitations of XML. As a bonus, your bandwidth consumption will be really low. I've done it several times now and nothing could be easier. Markup languages work best when used to mark-up text for human consumption.
Re: Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax by candylips(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2010
Seun is right . you can communicate via xml using ordinary java sockets. no need using Jaxb or Stax

or if sockets is too low level you can try RMI or even HTTP
Re: Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax by sunnyben: 10:28am On Mar 02, 2010
Thanks for your comments guys.
I appreciate it. I'll feed you back on it.
Re: Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax by logica(m): 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
If these are new (non-migrated) databases and built for XML, why don't you simply use XML Databases?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_database
Re: Java: Which Is Better To Use Jaxb Or Stax by candylips(m): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^ well he might as well just get the data from a normal relational database as well no point working with xml

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch / A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages / Programming Logic Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.