Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Where Is Rashidi Yekini? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Is Rashidi Yekini? (8767 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by bosunolo: 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2007
good day to everybody in the room is there anybody that can tell me wereabout of this footballer.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by BigShishi(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2007
he is in ibadan
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Akolawole(m): 9:57pm On Feb 15, 2007
Do you want his contact or just want to know whether Baba dey?
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by BlackMamba(m): 12:28am On Feb 16, 2007
Last I heard of him, he declined to play an exhibition game in Abuja recently because his mother advised him against it.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Akolawole(m): 10:59am On Feb 16, 2007
Yekini saying that?

No comment.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by dblock(m): 11:11am On Feb 16, 2007
I thought he was in America undecided
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by SMC(f): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2007
@Blackmamba, Whatever reason his mum might have advised against his playing in the exhibition be it religious, superstitious or otherwise (that is if what you wrote about his mum is even true) ought to be respected.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by deejay1(m): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2007
oo baba Yekini long time i heard his name
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by frenchman(m): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2007
Baba Yekini, the greatest Nigerian striker of all time.
All hail baba yekini!!
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:37am On Feb 18, 2007
Yekini BaBa grin

thats a good No. 9 striker for you just bang the ball into the back of the net period! our very own shearer
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by birdman(m): 4:30am On Feb 18, 2007
BlackMamba:

Last I heard of him, he declined to play an exhibition game in Abuja recently because his mother advised him against it.

for where, baba is a grown man grin
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by beau1(f): 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2007
Hum, Rashidi Yekini. Life, wonder where the goalie has gone?

I remember dat night he scored dat goal for nigeria and ran into the net. Men! I screamed mine voice out dat night shouting - Rashidi Yekini Rashidi Yekini Rashidi Yekini
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by dazangel11(f): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2007
The last time I saw him he was selling guguru and ekpa with a tray on his head grin
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by kitaun(m): 1:08am On Mar 02, 2007
Can u imagine what this place has become? Well sha . .
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by dblock(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2007
Yekini was the Nigerian Van Nisterooy. He was an opportunists not a creator, He's the Nigerian with the most goals to his name internationally, but i wonder how many of those goals he actually created. I brief he was a goal mouth player

No hating though, God bless Yekini
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Akolawole(m): 6:22pm On Mar 02, 2007
dblock:

Yekini was the Nigerian Van Nisterooy. He was an opportunists not a creator, He's the Nigerian with the most goals to his name internationally, but i wonder how many of those goals he actually created. I brief he was a goal mouth player

No hating though, God bless Yekini

How many of his goals have you watched?

In Algiers '90, can you remind us of how and how many he scored?

goal mouth player? How did he score against Algeria towards USA '94?, How did he score against Kenya in 1988 nations cup?
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by kitaun(m): 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2007
Goal mouth player?? No Sir!
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:24am On Mar 03, 2007
Why dont they invite Yekini for match commentaries or post match analysis. why isnt they guy even involved with football anymore? this ibadan people sef! angry

Why cant past player do things like they do elsewhere? I'll like to see old players doing match analysis or something
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by kitaun(m): 2:21am On Mar 03, 2007
Whats that joke about Mercy Akide again? Me I no dey o
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by dblock(m): 3:40am On Mar 03, 2007
Goal mouth player?? No Sir!

Then what was he then wink
How old are you self, you can't be older than 55, my statement was made from a 55 year sport Analyst, who was watching Naija footbal before Naija even gained independence
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by kitaun(m): 5:31am On Mar 03, 2007
That 55yr old probably has gone senile or u got hearing probs j/k tho . . Yekini was in no way a RVN kind of player, dont bother questioning Uncle Akola's age!!
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by dblock(m): 6:26am On Mar 03, 2007
Kitaun, you speak bullshit,a lot -o- times, what are you mate? some1 makes a simple statement, which i believe is in fact the truth and you can't accept that or at least respect it. Who are you, some King

Lets all bow down to the Mighty Kitaun

Nottongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

If anyone has gone senile, t's you wink
Yekini was a great player, but the vast majority of his goals were goal mouth

Sorry King Kitaun for disagreeing with you tongue
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by kitaun(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2007
See dis yeye boy . .j/k means just kidding son, so u shd have known there was a joke to it but even at that bow to King Kitaun or not, Yekini was not a g/mouth player, and I c u r still smarting 4rm the hurt of d previous exchange where Loyika cussed u out, am ashamed of rabble-rouser gunners like u, lol
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by bolaoni(m): 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2007
*Kneeling Down and looking up to heaven*

Lord Bring back the good ol' times on NL Sport

cry
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Akolawole(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2007
@Dblock

I dont need any 55 years old man to tell me anything about Yekini.

If you need any info about Yeking, i believe all oldiesin the house; Kitaun,BolaOni,Sirkay will tell you without opening any book.

Even if you want to see Yekini, go to shop No **, Adamasingba stadium in Ibadan. That shop is owned by Yekini's best friend, hausa man for that matter.

@Bolaoni

What can we do?

This is definitely NOT Nairaland of 2005/Early 2006.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by 4Play(m): 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2007
Make una cool down for the kid(D-Block).I think he said somewhere that he is 17 or was it 16
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by kitaun(m): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2007
4play, u sure about that?
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by 4Play(m): 1:35am On Mar 04, 2007
@Kitaun

I checked the old posts again.He said he was born in 1991.That makes him 16 years

The boy was a little baby when Yekini was knocking in the goals.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by dblock(m): 5:49am On Mar 04, 2007
yeah and wasz dat gotta do wif anything fool, player, i could ah lied that i was 48 years old in all ma posts, ah could put a fake photo in ma profile, but waz that gotta do with anything. I was speakin from the quote of ma pops, he wannit no baby when yekini was hittin goals, yekini was da baby peeing on his daiper when ma pops was hitting goals wink

I don't really give what yalls says, cos yous nothing but fools, abaya's in order words. I wasn't disrespectful, i only voiced my opinion and like all other opinions on this forum it should be held credible n not walked over by a bunch of sport cronics. I aint down like dat, how bout you, PeaCE---
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by kitaun(m): 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2007
@dblock

I might not be really old, but I can tell you a whole lot of things you need to know about Yekini, maybe not as much as Akolawole considering the iBADAN thingy to it, but nearly as much,

Why did you not just tell us straight up that it was your pops who made that assertion in the first place?

Even at that, you are wrong and ought to accept that you are, I believe you ought to do ur research properly before saying things too on public forums cool
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Akolawole(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2007
@Uncle Dblock

Sorry sir o.

I am out of here

@Kitaun

Dont forget this is a forum, expect ANYTHING.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by dblock(m): 1:14am On Mar 05, 2007
No hating, I apologise for my disrespectful conduct. yall are older, and being African i should have known better than to eact the way I did. You probably have a point by saying i was a suckler when Yekini was hitting goals. But i felt the opinion of My father and Step Mum were credible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judge Furious As Pinnick, Dikko, Other NFF Officials Shun Court / Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested / I'm Having Issues Withdrawing From My Bet9ja Account Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.