Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Where Is Rashidi Yekini? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Is Rashidi Yekini? (8776 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by camaron: 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2008
Hello, I am a Spanish journalist. I am doing an article on Rashidi Yekini. Can you say to me that it he does at present? Does he work? Does he train some team? Does he continue playing?
I would be grateful to you very much for any help. Muchisimas thank you. An embrace of your Spanish friend.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by davidif: 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2008
why did this man keep on playing? Didn't he save all his money from playing proffessionally in Europe and invest it?
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by davidif: 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2008
@camaron
Last time i heard, he was playing for Shooting Stars FC of Ibadan.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Nkenim(m): 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2008
I beleive its Carlos Vela, but wait a minute how come almost all handsome players tend to come from arsenal. UP gunners anyway.

Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by tkb417(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2008
nkenim or what is ur name? they are asking for yekini ue putting up one of ur gays!
nuisance plenty for here
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Nkenim(m): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2008
I got it all run please my co-nairalanders accept my unqualify apology. You ve got every right to be mad at me. am sorry palsssssssssss.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Nkenim(m): 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2008
how do i clean the mess above, the last time i so yekini was in my village 25years ago. I heard is now a governor in, oops i shouldnt have said that.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by tkb417(m): 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2008
ok man. no wahala grin
just click modify on the post and do whatver u wanna do with it. u can delete it if u like
nyways. its not bad , u can still leave it
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by MrCrackles(m): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2008
@poster

pushing wheelbarrows in bodija market
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Nkenim(m): 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2008
My journalist, with due respect can you come down to nigeria and do your, what you get here might not be authentic. Come and do the investigation yourself.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by AK2(m): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
I heard that he is selling meat in Bodija market from a friend who lives in Ibadan. I want to ask if this is true.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by MrCrackles(m): 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
AK2:

I heard that he is selling meat in Bodija market from a friend who lives in Ibadan. I want to ask if this is true.
grin shocked grin shocked cheesy
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by DrKitaun(m): 2:34am On Feb 22, 2010
MrCrackles:

grin shocked grin shocked cheesy

Wetin dey laff u ? grin

I dey miss dis guy pass for our National team . . .
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:02am On Feb 22, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

I dey miss dis guy pass for our National team . . .
Thought 'Yakufat' was a proven striker and goal machine abi nah?
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by honeric01(m): 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2010
na una hero una dey insult like this?

[size=4pt]Udeme [/size]Yekini was a great man
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by supereagle(m): 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2010
He remained the highest goal scorer for eagles 34 goals, he scored the last in feb 22 ,1998 when Nigeria was preparing for world cup against Jamaica.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by afrodoc(m): 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
How can anybody call El Yekini d goal king a goal mouth scrambler? Go and ask d Kenyan keeper in 1988,Shoubeir in 1994 and countless others.Yekini had speed (despite his 90kg frame),raw power,packd a fierce shot,had grv chest and thigh control of passes and MOST IMPORTANTLY he no dey look face b4 he TEAR SHOT! He was our very own Batigol!
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Katsumoto: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2010
supereagle:

He remained the highest goal scorer for eagles 34 goals, he scored the last in feb 22 ,1998 when Nigeria was preparing for world cup against Jamaica.

He scored 37 goals for Nigeria
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Katsumoto: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2010
I find some of the comments on this thread rather distasteful; Yekini served Nigeria very well. I am disappointed about the jokes.
Do you hear Argentines making fun of Maradona or Brazilians making fun of Pele?

AK2 and MrCrackles, please do the right thing.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Katsumoto: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2010
For the chap who says his father told him that Yekini only scored goal-mouth goals, I am sorry but your dad was wrong. Yekini was one of a few footballers who got better with age. He was called gangling because he was ackward. The following were not goal mouth goals:

1. Goal against Algeria (93, WC qualifier) - He scored from the corner flank
2. Goal against Zaire (94, ANC) - Oliseh dispossessed an opponent in the centre circle and found Yekini on the edge of the box with a fifty yard pass. Yekini collected the ball, flicking it with his ankle and dispatched the ball into the top corner of the net with his second touch
3. Near goal against Egypt (94, ANC) - Okocha found Yekini with a 40 yard pass, Yekini, with his back to goal from 40 yards, chested the ball high, turned, juggled the ball with his knee, and unleashed a volley that hit the bar. Even though he didn't score, Schoubier, the Egyptian goalie, paid on a bet that Yekini wouldn't score against him.
4. 4 goals against Burkina Faso in 1991 including a diving header

Go and ask the fans of Vittoria Setubal and Sporting Gijon whether Yekini only scored at the goal-mouth.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by honeric01(m): 10:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
@Katsumoto

thanks for that reminder.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by rozu4luv(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2010
its all fun reading through grin
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2010
Rashidi Yekini (of Bounvita Fame), He is still on my Top 10 of the best No 9s to ever play the game

grin We miss your purposeful, no-nonsense goal sense. I dare any body to parry your shot less catch it on a good day
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by MrCrackles(m): 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Rashidi Yekini (of Bounvita Fame), He is still on my Top 10 of the best No 9s to ever play the game

grin We miss your purposeful, no-nonsense goal sense. I dare any body to parry your shot less catch it on a good day
The thread asked where the dude is, not if he's top ten or top two!!

Topic. . .

Bodija Market selling yam tubers!!
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2010
Wait,

So Yekini is actually a person's name?

Oti o.
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by chamotex(m): 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2010
Rasheedi baba . . . . anywhere belle face.
That dude tears net anyhow with ferocious shots
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by chic2pimp(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2010
Rasheedi Yekiniiiii and it is a goallllllllllllllll
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by MrCrackles(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
chamotex:

Rasheedi baba . . . . anywhere belle face.
That dude tears net anyhow with ferocious shots
Dude, you are so local. . . . .You know, some Agbero/tout kinda swag! embarassed cry cheesy
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by chamotex(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2010
MrCrackles:

Dude, you are so local. . . . .You know, some Agbero/tout kinda swag! embarassed cry cheesy

That was the best way I could give compliments to Rasheedi abeg cheesy
What was local in my post sef . . . . .abi u pack craze for head
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by honeric01(m): 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2010
chamotex:

What was local in my post sef . . . . .abi u pack craze for head

grin grin grin man, you dey crase oo grin grin grin
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by suxes2005(m): 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2010
I dnt know where Baba is oooooooo

IT pains me i cant see some of his best
on CD as i wish to watch them again

SHALOM
Re: Where Is Rashidi Yekini? by bee444: 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2010
Rashidi Yekini is in Ibadan and runs his own hotel called LIBERTY MOTEL. Not a very big Motel but enough to put food on his table.

Address: LIBERTY MOTEL
Liberty Road,
Off Ring Road
Ibadan.

Single room: #2000
Double #3,200
Suit #3,800
Mini suit #3,500

Fan/Ac 2
baths 4
TV 4
Fridge 2

* Telephone number not yet updated

Yekini is available from 4pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I The Fastest Nigerian? / Dalung Redeploys Senior Sports Ministry Officials / Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.