Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,087 members, 7,957,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Suggest A Way Forward To Curtail The Current Crisis In The East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggest A Way Forward To Curtail The Current Crisis In The East (300 Views)

Abba Kyari: How Powerful Late COS Prevented Major Crisis In Nigerian Football / #NigeriaDecides: EFCC Flies Drones In Benin To Curtail Vote Buying - Photos / My Idea To Stop Herdsmen And Farmers Current Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suggest A Way Forward To Curtail The Current Crisis In The East by BMZK: 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,
If you are asked to make suggestions , what will you advise the FG to do in order to calm down the IPOB/ARMY clashes going on now in the east?
My suggestions go as follow:
Suggestion 1

* Kanu should make a broadcast and call his followers to desist from any form of confrontations with security officers or civilians from other parts of the country.
* Kanu to willingly stop holding rallies and comply with the bail conditions issued by the court until his trial resumes.
If Igbo elders cannot persuade Kanu to achieve the above FG should proceed with suggestion 2.

Suggesstion 2

* Declare state of emergency in Abia state;
* Impose 24/7 curefew;
* Arrest Namdi Kanu and charge him to court with new offences;

I believe if the above steps are taken normalcy will be restored within 1 week.
Many people are suggesting for the FG to withdraw the army which personally i disagree with because by so doing, it will set a bad precedent for individuals to believe anyone can underestimate and challenge the power of the FG.
Please share your suggestions because human lives are sacred to be used as collateral damages.
Re: Suggest A Way Forward To Curtail The Current Crisis In The East by lafflaff123(m): 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Suggest A Way Forward To Curtail The Current Crisis In The East by Celcius: 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2017
All I know is there's war coming.
I don't know when, I don't know who or how many will be fighting in it.
But it is coming.
We are not to blame, but our leaders past and present.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Uganda To Boost Bilateral Relations – President Museveni / The Voice Of The Modern Opposition Can Be Still, Small And Effective / Not Attaining Presidency By South East Is Marginalisation By Ipob - Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.