Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner (37779 Views)

Daddy Freeze Finally Replies Pastor David Ibiyeomie Over Death Threat / Hector Joberteh Buried In Ibadan (Photos) / Hector Joberteh Shot Dead In Lagos (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by chazdhe: 1:07am On Sep 15, 2017
Also paraded were five suspected killers of a former winner of the Gulder Ultimate Search, Hector Jobarteh.

The suspects – William Igana, Valentine Igana, Abdul-Rasheed Jimoh, Francis Madu, Usman Adeyemi – were alleged to have been involved in the death of the 38-year-old at his house on Olufowora Close, New Oko-Oba, Agege.

PUNCH Metro had reported that Jobarteh was shot dead on September 3, 2017, after he was trailed to his home from the airport where he had gone to pick up his younger brother.

The state CP, Imohimi, said the suspects were arrested following painstaking efforts by policemen.

However, one of the suspects, William, a Uber driver that drove the suspects to Jobarteh’s house, said he didn’t know their mission when he was hired.

He noted that he had just started with the online transport company when he was hired by the men who later turned out to be killers.

He said, “I had just been registered under the Uber platform and I needed an android phone to facilitate the business. I called my brother, Valentine, to help me with a phone. He introduced me to his friend, JK. JK said he had a phone I could use, which he offered for sale at N10,000.

“The next day, JK called me to take him to Yaba. On our way there, we stopped and picked two other guys. I charged them N10,000 for the service, but they gave me N8,000 and promised to pay the balance later.”

He said after the trip to Yaba, JK called him the following day and asked him to take him and his friends to Abeokuta, Ogun State.

He said he charged N20,000 for the service, which they promised to pay.

“On our way to Sango, they asked me to stop at a bushy path. They brought out a gun, which they pointed at my head. They threatened to kill me if I shouted. Two of them came down and walked to a house where they shot two persons.

“They jumped back into the vehicle and asked me to drive off, which I did. But at a point, I stopped the car and told them I wasn’t going again; they insisted that I continue driving. JK said the only reason he wouldn’t kill me was because my brother, Valentine, was his good friend.

“I never knew they were into any criminal activity. I was only doing my business. I was arrested by the police through my brother, Valentine.”

Jobarteh’s phone was said to have been stolen by the assailants.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the phone was tracked to Jimoh, who bought it at Computer Village, Ikeja.

In his statement, Jimoh said he never knew the phone was stolen.

He said he had innocently gone to Computer Village to buy a phone, adding that he bought the phone for N15,000 from Madu.

On his part, Madu claimed an engineer friend who came with Adeyemi, sold the phone to him.

He said he bought the phone for N7,500 and sold it for N15,000.

Eighteen-year-old Adeyemi said his uncle, one Ismaila, owned the phone.

Imohimi said the command was making efforts to arrest other suspects, adding that the men would be charged to court at the end of investigations.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/police-arrest-alsatian-dog-for-robbery-in-lagos-parade-uber-driver-others-for-murder-of-gus-winner/amp/

1 Like

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by chazdhe: 1:07am On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by purityval(m): 1:15am On Sep 15, 2017
No peace for the wicked..

Warning to those who buy phone from the street.. Pray make your village people no remember you.

71 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by paiz: 2:17am On Sep 15, 2017
This is where the python should be dancing not in Aba

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by ipobarecriminals: 3:26am On Sep 15, 2017
sad sad FRANCIS MADU kee those lunatics
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by morbeta(m): 3:37am On Sep 15, 2017
Just wasted a peace loving man. RIP to him

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by nowornever2016: 6:05am On Sep 15, 2017
they never talk nah!! who send them? why they killed am? I wan know ooo!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by tafabaloo(m): 6:06am On Sep 15, 2017
Kudos to the men of Nigeria Police "Service". .

If u quote me Na u sabi oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by MrMicholo(m): 8:30am On Sep 15, 2017
I have said it before and I will say it again.... IPOB is filled with miscreants that tarnish and divert from the true intent and peaceful purpose of the group in general...
first of all, The so-called Nnamdi Kanu did came out to...... wait oooo.... wrong thread... I repeat, wrong thread..
this weed is not good for my health ooo
*leaves thread*..

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by DanielsParker(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by BadoBidoBae: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2017
purityval:

Warning to those who buy phone from the street.. Pray make your village people no remember you.

True Talk my dear.. it's so painful cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by chronique(m): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2017
Good job by the police. The killers should be given the capital punishment. You can't take life that you can't create, and expect to be pitied.

3 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Lincoln275(m): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2017
nawa ooo
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2017
Bastards. May joy depart from your homes. Murderers.

4 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2017
kai
MrMicholo:
I have said it before and I will say it again.... IPOB is filled with miscreants that tarnish and divert from the true intent and peaceful purpose of the group in general...
first of all, The so-called Nnamdi Kanu did came out to...... wait oooo.... wrong thread... I repeat, wrong thread..
*leaves thread*..
. Guy go and chop shit! Feel free to jump into the gutter with your stupidity. Ewu!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by josephchidi1012: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2017
MrMicholo:
*leaves thread*..
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by maxiuc(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by DONADAMS(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2017
Ok..na wa oh..see gbese...so person no fit buy fone for computer village again?

1 Like

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Bunmi10: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2017
MrMicholo:
*leaves thread*..

Lol..... Clown

12 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by IgedeBushBoy(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2017
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Adaumunocha(f): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2017
Lord continue to expose wickedness in Low places!
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Guyman02: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2017
MrMicholo:
*leaves thread*..

Not funny but plain stupid, poor attempt at comedy on a thread discussing murder of a citizen

10 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by DONADAMS(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2017
MrMicholo:
*leaves thread*..
lol....mad people everywhere!

7 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Flexherbal(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2017
May his soul in peace!
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by nwakibie3(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2017
All tribes are well represented in this. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by asumo12: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2017
nwakibie3:
All tribes are well represented in this. grin grin
NCAN reporting:

Nigeria united....

NCAN advises withdrawal immediately

Over and out.

2 Likes

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by urvillagepeoplee(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2017
purityval:

why won't we remember them,if we had forgotten this buyer,do u think these killers would have been caught?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hector Joberteh Death: Uber Driver & 4 Others Arrested Over Death Of GUS Winner by chymes0359(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2017
Chai

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ifu Ennada Reacts To Linda Ikeji's Breakup With Her Michael Breakup Story / Fans Gush Over Yemi Alade's Stunning Look / Tiwa Savage: I Am Not Richer Than Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.