Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:12 AM

Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? (6335 Views)

The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. / What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by option4301(m): 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2007
Condom remains best option,religion is irelevant.How safe is condom
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by osegwu(m): 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2007
texazzpete:

The position of the Catholic church is that there are natural methods of birth control, and such are the only allowed methods!

For EVERY christian denomination worth its salt, pre-marital sex is frowned upon as fornication which is a sin in the eyes of God. If you don't indulge in pre-marital sex/fornication/adultery the question of 'safe sex' won't come up.

i'm not a woman/female and i can't claim to know all but i think there's always a safe period where any married couple could make love and there'd be very minimal chance of pregnancy. Such is the natural birth control method advocated, i think.
If i'm wrong, someone let me know!

I agree with the person who said that abstinence before marriage is an utopian ideal, some do it, kudos to them. But the fact that most of us can't maintain those strict standards doesn't mean that it isn't wrong from a religious point of view.

undecided
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by mandi: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2007
Forget religion. If you value your life and don't want to be infected with HIV, wear CONDOMS. This is not rocket science!!!!! AIDS is a real disease.
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by ngola(f): 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2007
I just want to correct lady T, catholics dont practice withdrawal method,what they practice is billing method which is natural family planning,billing method is all about checking the calender to know when a woman is free so that she can have sex i.e knowing your safe periods.
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by simmy(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2007
the unmaried xtian isnt supposed to be having sex anyways, so he/she shldnt be using a condom. however, the bible has nothing against condom use in a marriage.
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by daprince: 12:10am On Feb 20, 2007
@ ngola,
This ain't a personal attack at u or any other Catholic at that: why do I have to count calendar days in order to "cool my heels" with the woman I love and call my wife? C'mon y'all, safe sex as being taught by the Catholic church doesn't really make much sense to me (I dunno about others). THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ONE PLANNING THEIR FAMILY! I know that sex before/outta marriage is wrong (but hey fellas, we still do the damn thing), but a couple choosing to have a particular number of kids isn't a bad idea at all. The brainwashing that goes on in most religions drives me nuts. God wants us to love and adore Him, but most religions are teaching stuff that are inconsistent with what is attainable.
The use of condom by married couples is fine with me since it's a way of caring for the kids they've got. The same bible that most people are quick to refer to as being against the use of raincoat states, "any man who cannot provide for his household is worse than an infidel." (I think that's in 1st or 2nd Timothy). Why would I wanna have kids I couldn't care for? Sex in marriage isn't just for manufacturing kids, but it's part of "enjoyment." (Paul made mention of something like that in Corinthians). I'm gonna have lots of fun with my wife, but we aint gonna have lots of kids. How are we gonna do that? She's gonna go on some birthcontrol!
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by bolanle069(m): 11:26am On Feb 21, 2007
To be sincere,Islamically an unmarried person is not elligible 2 any 4m of sex talkless of using condoms.
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by lizzy47(f): 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2007
well Brymore do u need someone to tell u that condom promotes sex, shocked tongue and there is no place in the holy books that supports its use undecided. so guy ''safe sex'' is for furnicators and adultrers, although i dont have a problem with married couples using it for pregancy protection or whatever wink undecided. Therefore the condom is not acceptable and the safest sex is abstinence. grin smiley
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by debosky(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2007
lizzy 47:

''safe sex'' is for furnicators and adultrers,

although i don't have a problem with married couples using it for pregancy protection or whatever wink undecided. T

therefore the condom is not acceptable
and the safest sex is abstinence. grin smiley

confusion at its best! cheesy
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by binkabir(m): 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2007
I GUESS ONE SHOULD USE HIS CONDUCT AND NOT CONDOM, COS YOU STILL DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH FORNICATION. DO YOU THINK OF MEETING UR LORD AFTER ALL THE LIFE IN THE WORLD?
HAVE YOU EVER THINK OF THE REASON WHY GOD CREATED YOU?
DONT U THINK OF BEING RESPONSIBLE IN LIFE ?
CAN U ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TOWARD FORNICATION?
PLS ANSWER THIS QUESTION ,
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by udennaa: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2009
simmy:

the unmaried xtian isnt supposed to be having sex anyways, so he/she shldnt be using a condom. however, the bible has nothing against condom use in a marriage.
end of quote>
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by Lady234: 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2009
Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaah
Haa
Haa
Aaaah

Aaaaah
Haa
Ha
Aaaaah

Can you chant that
Re: Do Islam And Christianity Permit The Use Of Condoms? by queensmith: 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
Christianity in general have no problems with condoms, but the catholic church is against any forms of contraception. Thats entirely because they believe sex is only for procreation. Rather stupid belief is you ask me but hey who am I to judge lol!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Join A Brotherhood For Wealth / Pastor Ajanaku Confirmed Dead, 27 Ogboni Fraternity Visit His Home / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.