Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? (563 Views)

Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / 10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? by nenergy(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
This meme attached to this post is hilarious especially if you work in Nigeria because Africans take age/seniority very seriously. Most multinational companies are exempted.

Did you know that age restrictions for recruitments are mostly as a result of the age bracket team leads, supervisors, HODs and managers fall under?

It is sometimes a problem when you hire an older person to work under a much younger professional in Nigeria.

At my last job (where i served for 2+ years),they had a "first name" basis policy, but I was never comfortable calling my Superiors by name even when they insisted.

Superior: "Its Uche, ok"!
Me: "Yes, Mr Uche (or Mr Okonkwo)" cheesy

In Africa (especially Nigeria) its considered disrespectful to ask your senior (in age); "How are you?" not to talk of calling them by first name. cheesy

What's the policy like where you work and is it uncomfortable calling your seniors (in age or rank) by first name?

Re: Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? by midehi2(f): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
Why not grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? by doughziay: 1:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
E depend on the kind of boss

If Na Buhari be Boss for office

na him P. A go help me greet am

These days u no fit ask ordinary soldier wey just come back from aba that question.

1 Like

Re: Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? by Homeboiy: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
Not in Nigeria
I went to eat at a buka A young man walked in and asked the woman how are u?
She told him ur mad
Do I look like your mate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? by Youngsage: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
o
Re: Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? by nenergy(m): 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
Homeboiy:
Not in Nigeria
I went to eat at a buka A young man walked in and asked the woman how are u?
She told him ur mad
Do I look like your mate
chai grin

(1) (Reply)

Meet 25-year-old Emeka, The University Graduate Who Fixes Nails For Women(photo) / Outdoor Basketballs / I Need Advice,which Option Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.