Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why I Don't Believe In Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Don't Believe In Biafra (415 Views)

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria'- Tinubu ThisDay 1997 Headline Shared By Kperogi / Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group / Southern Cameroun Joins IPOB In Biafra Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Believe In Biafra by Emmanuelbruno: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
In every endeavour in life there is a limit. A red line that when you reach it you pause and reflect. You think about the outcome because a step further will not only redefine your future but also for the future of those around you.
Nnamdi Kanu was approaching that line when he called Nigeria a zoo and threatened to unleash terror. He reached the line when he violated bail conditions and insulted the president and commander in chief of arm forces. He crossed the line when he declared no election in Anambra state and created his Biafra Secret Services (BSS).
Now it does not matter what I think or who I stand with. But any man who is not willing to suffer or die for the course he created and believed in is a scam. If Kano is as half dedicated to his course as his IPOB followers he would have surrendered to the Nigeria army. But no Kanu loves his freedom, he loves his life so he is hiding under his bed while the Nigerian army uses his followers for target practice. No man worth my tears let alone my blood.
In 1970, even before the war end, Ojukwu handed over to his deputy and ran away to Ivory coast after sending millions of Igbos to early grave because of his course. He came back few years after only to contest for a senator in a country he went to war with, a war that claim the lives of more than 3 million Igbos. That action alone is a betrayal to his course and an insult to the souls of those who lost their lives in the Biafra war. He lost the election to an unpopular candidate. After that he started again the Biafra agitation. In 1999 at the arrival of democracy, he abandoned Biafra agitation and contested for president. Of course he lost and resumes Biafra agitation. The same thing happened in 2003. That is selfishness.
By and large, any Igbo man who believes that a change of territorial name, [ a region with no enough fertile land for agriculture and depend on food from other region for survival; a landlocked territory and an enclave inside Nigeria] will make his life better is delusional.
Let’s demand a better life from our local government chairmen, our state house of representative members, our governors, our federal house of rep members and our senator. They are the ones closer to us. It is through our demand from these people for accountability that our region will be the way we want it.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Biafra by Tamass: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
God bless you man! But them dumb heads won't listen..their emotions have clouded their judgements..they can no longer think straight again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Biafra by attackgat: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
Emmanuelbruno:
In every endeavour in life there is a limit. A red line that when you reach it you pause and reflect. You think about the outcome because a step further will not only redefine your future but also for the future of those around you.
Nnamdi Kanu was approaching that line when he called Nigeria a zoo and threatened to unleash terror. He reached the line when he violated bail conditions and insulted the president and commander in chief of arm forces. He crossed the line when he declared no election in Anambra state and created his Biafra Secret Services (BSS).
Now it does not matter what I think or who I stand with. But any man who is not willing to suffer or die for the course he created and believed in is a scam. If Kano is as half dedicated to his course as his IPOB followers he would have surrendered to the Nigeria army. But no Kanu loves his freedom, he loves his life so he is hiding under his bed while the Nigerian army uses his followers for target practice. No man worth my tears let alone my blood.
In 1970, even before the war end, Ojukwu handed over to his deputy and ran away to Ivory coast after sending millions of Igbos to early grave because of his course. He came back few years after only to contest for a senator in a country he went to war with, a war that claim the lives of more than 3 million Igbos. That action alone is a betrayal to his course and an insult to the souls of those who lost their lives in the Biafra war. He lost the election to an unpopular candidate. After that he started again the Biafra agitation. In 1999 at the arrival of democracy, he abandoned Biafra agitation and contested for president. Of course he lost and resumes Biafra agitation. The same thing happened in 2003. That is selfishness.
By and large, any Igbo man who believes that a change of territorial name, [ a region with no enough fertile land for agriculture and depend on food from other region for survival; a landlocked territory and an enclave inside Nigeria] will make his life better is delusional.
Let’s demand a better life from our local government chairmen, our state house of representative members, our governors, our federal house of rep members and our senator. They are the ones closer to us. It is through our demand from these people for accountability that our region will be the way we want it.

You know the funny thing? There are a kot of Nigerians who will agree with this morronic write up. How is it that someone God gave a brain can be this backward?

Solidiers are going about murdering people in a democratic dispensation, in a peaceful area, it might be you or your loved one tomorow, but what you are more concerned about is if Kanu surrenders himself?

Chei!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Biafra by PointB: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
[s]
Emmanuelbruno:
[/s]

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Shallow mind.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe In Biafra by webcalculator(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Bro, I must tell you that those people deserves better treatment without fear or favour.
Have you gone there before? No good federal roads. Do you know that almost all the youths goes into business after school? Selling petty things. You can count how many of their old people into government work. Only state government work which their pensions are not assured.
If you're an educated hausa man or Yoruba and are friends with one of them, their parents will be asking you for contact because they believe that once you finish school, you will get a job and maybe help their child who's still schooling.
Make no mistake, they will be calling you do you don't forget and will also be reminding you that their child has finished secondary School and has gained admission now. Begging you to remember them.
Those people need better treatment jor
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Biafra by gabe: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
webcalculator:
Bro, I must tell you that those people deserves better treatment without fear or favour.
Have you gone there before? No good federal roads. Do you know that almost all the youths goes into business after school? Selling petty things. You can count how many of their old people into government work. Only state government work which their pensions are not assured.
If you're an educated hausa man or Yoruba and are friends with one of them, their parents will be asking you for contact because they believe that once you finish school, you will get a job and maybe help their child who's still schooling.
Make no mistake, they will be calling you do you don't forget and will also be reminding you that their child has finished secondary School and has gained admission now. Begging you to remember them.
Those people need better treatment jor
Abia has one of the highest number of federal civil service employees. Google the stats. Also, check this correlation: abia has aguably the worst record of governance in the south east since the advent of democracy in 1999. This is despite the extra revenue that accures to them in the form of excess crude allocation. Abia also has the strongest ipob followership in the SE.
Re: Why I Don't Believe In Biafra by webcalculator(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
gabe:

Abia has one of the highest number of federal civil service employees. Google the stats. Also, check this correlation: abia has aguably the worst record of governance in the south east since the advent of democracy in 1999. This is despite the extra revenue that accures to them in the form of excess crude allocation. Abia also has the strongest ipob followership in the SE.

Don't believe statistics from this country especially when it comes from the government. They always do it to suit them however they want. Go there and see with your eyes. This same government will come and tell how they discovered 2000 ghost workers.
Let's be a humanity helper and make the world a better place

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Multi-billion Dollars Fraud: US,UK To Freeze Diezani’s Friend, Kola Aluko’s Acct / We Recommended Rotational, Single Six-year Term In ’95 – Atiku / What Will Happen If Arewa Youths Attack Non-indigenes On Oct 1st?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.