Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Biafra !! Let’s Think Lives First Before Anything Else. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra !! Let’s Think Lives First Before Anything Else. (270 Views)

Border Closure: Let Think About Nigeria's Interests First - Minister Of Finance / Defend Nigeria With Your Lives, Osinbajo Tells Military / Edo Assembly Crisis: ‘oshiomhole 15’ Relocates To Abuja Over Threat To Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra !! Let’s Think Lives First Before Anything Else. by Ogashub(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
LET’S THINK LIVES FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

Dear friends,

We are staring at one of the most dangerous situations that this country has ever faced since its independence.

Sadly, most of us don’t realize how close we are to a national catastrophe that threatens the lives of millions of our citizens.

There is an African saying that you first drive the kite before scolding the little chicken for wandering far from its mother.

LET’S THINK LIVES FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!!!

So I appeal to all of us to first and foremost do the best within our powers to take every an all action that prevents further loss of lives FIRST.

I have observed with amazement and shock how many Nigerians have taken to social media to send messages and rhetoric that continue to fan embers of discord, division, hate, and violence.

I have also seen troubling videos of unarmed civilians being dehumanized by people dressed in Military uniform. And youths stopping vehicles to search for civilians from a particular ethnicity with intent to harm them.

These are reprehensible, condemnable, and inexcusable to every human being with any atom of conscience and morality, no matter where you come from.

Whatever has led to where we are as a nation, the first thing I urge of all of us is RESTRAINT!

Especially in spreading messages and rumours that is capable of inciting those who may not reason like we do, or appreciate that we can at least live in peace without violence despite our differences.

This is how Rwanda started. And nobody thought it could get worse. Until MILLIONS of lives were lost.

With the lives of over 160 million people at stake, we cannot afford the cost or consequences of this disaster that is staring us in the face.

While we will all agree that the Nigerian nation like all of us has its huge flaws, we will also agree that the cost of descending into hate speeches, violence, and ethnic conflicts is a far scarier price to pay, than to through strategic pressure, lobbying, and dialogue pursue our respective causes.

I have always told people close to me that no matter how unrealistic it may look, especially in the face of daunting obstacles; that nothing can stop an idea whose time has come. This includes business, social, and political ideas.

Please, let us stop this thing from getting worse. To let the injustices and hatred in a few individuals triumph over us and the mutual respect, and friendship we share with each other.

The first step is for all of us to cease for spreading messages or contents that continue to inflame, and incite people.

I reiterate that this is no time to trade blames or call names.

We are humans first. Before, Nigerian, Northerner, or Southerner.

Like Benjamin Franklin said. There never was a good war, or a bad peace.

May God save us all.
Inokon henry Emmanuel kings ( http://ogashub.com.ng)

Mynd44 lalasticlala

Re: Biafra !! Let’s Think Lives First Before Anything Else. by BudeYahooCom: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
ONLY THE FULANIS WILL BENEFIT FROM THE DEATH OF KANU. Anyone who is anti-kanu is definitely pro-fulani.
Re: Biafra !! Let’s Think Lives First Before Anything Else. by attackgat: 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
All goes to show that if the Igbo nation ever wants to progress, it has to be free and independent of Nigeria for nothing good comes out of that country.

(1) (Reply)

FG To Establish Chemical Equipment, Machinery Development Institute / Identifying The Political Frogs / Over 2,300 Boko Haram Suspects Set For Closed Door Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.