Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (724189 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
Phraser:
Hello, guys. I need your help on the best way to go about paying tuition fee, especially considering the currency fluntuation.

A Dublin-based university has just offered me an admission for a master's program. But I don't know the best, and cheapest way, to pay the tuition fee. Some people have told me to use a bank; some others, black market.

I'm confused, and I hope to get some insightful answers. Thanks in advance.

It depends, if your program is starting September, I will advise you to use black market but if it's January you can use bank ( Form A).

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
jaxeri:

It depends, if your program is starting September, I will advise you to use black market but if it's January you can use bank ( Form A).

Thanks, man.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Uche231213(m): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
My visa was approved recently and I'm looking for anyone heading to waterford
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
Uche231213:
My visa was approved recently and I'm looking for anyone heading to waterford

Hey, man. Congrats on receiving a visa.

I'll soon apply for a student visa and want to ask you some questions, as I have found certain conflicting information online:

What is the process? What is the role of VFS Global in the visa application process? Where does one do the biometric thing?

(P.S.: I live in Lagos). i hope to hear from you.

Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Uche231213(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
Phraser:

Hey, man. Congrats on receiving a visa.

I'll soon apply for a student visa and want to ask you some questions, as I have found certain conflicting information online:

What is the process? What is the role of VFS Global in the visa application process? Where does one do the biometric thing?

(P.S.: I live in Lagos). i hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

VFS global is basically a company that assists embassies in the collection of visa applications and supporting documents. They don't issue visas or have any influence over the outcome of applications; they simply help with the administrative aspects of the process, making it more convenient for both applicants and embassies.

If you're ready to submit and have all of your documents, all you have to do is go to the vfs website to find a step-by-step guide on how to apply for and book a biometric appointment.

The biometric and the collection of documents are done at the vfs center.

This is the link to their website
https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 10:36am On Jul 01, 2023
Well understood; thanks. If I may also ask: I plan to pay 50% of my tuition fee for the September session and the balance next January after landing in Ireland.

I understand the school fees receipt is part of the supporting document I am to submit at the VFS center. My question: does the fact that I will pay 50% of the school fees, rather than the full fees, impact my chances of receiving a visa?

I hope to hear from you.

Uche231213:

VFS global is basically a company that assists embassies in the collection of visa applications and supporting documents. They don't issue visas or have any influence over the outcome of applications; they simply help with the administrative aspects of the process, making it more convenient for both applicants and embassies.

If you're ready to submit and have all of your documents, all you have to do is go to the vfs website to find a step-by-step guide on how to apply for and book a biometric appointment.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Jaxeri, care to answer?

Phraser:
Well understood; thanks. If I may also ask: I plan to pay 50% of my tuition fee for the September session and the balance next January after landing in Ireland.

I understand the school fees receipt is part of the supporting document I am to submit at the VFS center. My question: does the fact that I will pay 50% of the school fees, rather than the full fees, impact my chances of receiving a visa?

I hope to hear from you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascal122: 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
Uche231213:

How many photocopies of documents did you make before submitting? Did you make photocopies of all your documents? Or just the ones you need back?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Uche231213(m): 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
I recommend reading the first page of this thread because I believe the answer to your question is there. You can also go to the Irish Immigration website and learn about the necessary documents.

Here is the link on how to apply

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-study-in-ireland/what-are-my-study-visa-options/how-to-apply-for-long-term-study-visa/#guide

Phraser:

I hope to hear from you.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Uche231213(m): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
I made Colored photocopies of all the documents I was supposed to submit including EVERY page of my international passport

Pascal122:

How many photocopies of documents did you make before submitting? Did you make photocopies of all your documents? Or just the ones you need back?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 8:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
Phraser:
Jaxeri, care to answer?

I think you should email your school to see what type of payment plan is available.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 8:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
Please, who is doing Edubond? Seems you can only pay in naira from Nigeria now.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascal122: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
Uche231213:
I made Colored photocopies of all the documents I was supposed to submit including EVERY page of my international passport

Okay thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 1:18am On Jul 02, 2023
Thanks. Did you have to submit a Private Medical Insurance cover during your application?

Uche231213:
I recommend reading the first page of this thread because I believe the answer to your question is there. You can also go to the Irish Immigration website and learn about the necessary documents.

Here is the link on how to apply

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-study-in-ireland/what-are-my-study-visa-options/how-to-apply-for-long-term-study-visa/#guide

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Uche231213(m): 8:45am On Jul 02, 2023
Phraser:
Thanks. Did you have to submit a Private Medical Insurance cover during your application?

Yes, I did; it's a compulsory requirement. You should contact your school to see if they will provide one for you. If not, you will have to purchase one for yourself.

Here's a link to a place where you can get one. It costs around €160.

https://www.studyandprotect.com/Default.aspx
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
Thanks a bunch.

Uche231213:

Yes, I did; it's a compulsory requirement. You should contact your school to see if they will provide one for you. If not, you will have to purchase one for yourself.

Here's a link to a place where you can get one. It costs around €160.

https://www.studyandprotect.com/Default.aspx
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phraser: 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2023
Uche231213

Hello. I studied the link you were kind enough to send to me yesterday, but I didn't see any information on whether or not one is to submit proof of having secured accommodation in Ireland.

How does one show that one has a place to stay in the country? Is that something I indicate in the application letter or does the person housing me have to write a letter?

I hope to hear from you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Soraco57(m): 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Good morning, am a student in one of these European university, I just got visa to visit Ireland for 3 days particular Dublin, looking for where to stay, any help ? Or input, thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Teekayoh1: 8:35am On Jul 03, 2023
Hi everyone, nice thread I must say. Please are affidavits considered valid if they are submitted as part of one's documents? I would really appreciate it someone could respond. Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rudyislife: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
My bro is in the process of applying for visa,I wanted to ask is showing proof of secured accommodation is a mandatory requirement, and if yes,the cheapest way to go around it ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Focus99: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
Hello everyone my younger sister wants to relocate to Ireland with her partner (no kids yet). She just rounded up her nysc last month. I will like to know the best way she can relocate to Ireland with partner.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by diidii: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by diidii: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascal122: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
For those yet to submit their visa at the embassy of VFS, here's a simple guide and tip to help you. I just submitted mine and I wish someone told me this.

1. The embassy will only take coloured photocopies of every document from you. So you need to need print photocopies of every single document, just the important ones. You can go with the original copies of your documents but after they see it, you will give them the coloured photocopies. They won't return any documents (apart from your passports) back to you. Hence make coloured photocopies of documents that are vital e.g NYSC certificate, birth certificate, and School certificates.

2. Make coloured photocopies of all the pages of your previous and current passport photographs. Make two extra coloured photocopies of just the data page of your current passport too.

3. There's a questionnaire you'll fill. Most of us didn't have it, so we bought it inside the embassy and filled it. After filling it, still make a coloured photocopy of the questionnaire and submit too.

4. They do photocopies at a cheaper rate inside the VFS office than outside. Don't listen to those people outside the building, go inside and you will make any extra copy for ₦100 - ₦200. This is for Lagos o.

5. You can pay for your passport taken inside there too. I think it's ₦1,800 or so. You can pay for this service online when booking your appointment or when you are there physically. Again it's cheaper than doing it outside.

6. Put your documents in files/envelopes and name them appropriately so you can give them out when you are asked.

7. Make sure you submit all the documents on your checklist, including the ones you weren't asked to bring. The lady forgot to ask me to submit my work reference letters, so I went back gave her.

That's all. All the best! We are all hoping for positive news.

5 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascal122: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2023
Has anyone here used piggyvest as proof of living expenses? Is it acceptable?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
Pascal122:
Has anyone here used piggyvest as proof of living expenses? Is it acceptable?

I don't think so o.....I heard they prefer physical bank.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascal122: 12:09am On Jul 12, 2023
jaxeri:

I don't think so o.....I heard they prefer physical bank.

Shit
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Pascal122:

Shit

Wetin happen?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascal122: 4:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
jaxeri:

Wetin happen?

I used it o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.