Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (722182 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Aivinpac: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2018
tune10:
So I mailed the Abuja office about ielts having had a masters degree in the UK and here is their reply.
This was the point I was trying to make earlier with respect to those who have a previous degree from the Uk that it should count for exemption coupled with a further explanation from the respective institutions.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Obiororo: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2018
I studied in the uk too but my agent adviced to take an English test regardless.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anitakel(f): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2018
You got it within 6days�

Makomen:
Just got my visa. Applied on the 12/08. Received it by 2pm today
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Makomen: 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2018
anitakel:
You got it within 6days�

its a typo error. I applied on the 12/07
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 8:57pm On Aug 18, 2018
Khikehlohmoh:
Hello,

Please can anyone help me with some vitals things to take when travelling.. Eg clothes, food, books etc.

For clothes.. Where to get the jackets cheaper in lagos.

Generally anything i need to take along before going.

Thanks

i think someone said aswani...if you intend to cook carry naija foodstuffs...i do not think you need any books

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thanks
partnerus:

Congratulations!!!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thabks

partnerus:

Congratulations!!!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2018
Thanks Bro'er
galala123:

Congrats bigmills
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Khikehlohmoh: 11:54am On Aug 19, 2018
pristine88:

i think someone said aswani...if you intend to cook carry naija foodstuffs...i do not think you need any books

Ok. Thanks.

But i meant like a list of essential items that we should carry.

Please those already in Ireland should help with what they took.

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Aivinpac: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2018
Obiororo:
I studied in the uk too but my agent adviced to take an English test regardless.
That’s your Choice now bros ur agent advised you and you choose to do it notwithstanding the fact that you studied in the UK before .probably u weren’t sure it already counts for exemption however for those who did not do it and also studied abroad there’s no need to worry much about the exam in light of the embassy’s response which is evident for all to see.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Obiaj28: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Who is going to the university of limerick and has gotten visa already please pm me... thanks

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2018
ICaSNg:

In a seminar I attended in Feb organised by the Irish embassy in Lagos, they stated they require it. However, if you have any additional proof asides the English test e.g A letter from your University , they may waive that as a requirement.
It is always better to provide more documents than not enough ----If you however studied in the UK, US English test is not required.

Cheers

People should kindly read this thread carefully. I've addressed this months ago.

However, most times when your agent advises you to write one may be because such person does not have at least a credit in Mathematics / English.

Also, I got news that you Nairalanders especially on the Whatsapp group want to start bombarding the embassy with Emails relating to your Institution's name being mentioned on your visa page or not.

You people will create problems for future applicants because the embassy will notice this is somewhat unified and will increase refusal rate.

This is similar with what goes on on the US and UK thread, now their reps/ VO have people on those threads.

It's not as if an agent submitted your visa applications on your behalf or a fake visa was issued. I've mentioned this earlier in the departure brief but then the mighty mods on Nairaland deleted it.
Most of you applied through agents speak to them about your departure briefing but note it's important to have all your documents in your hand luggage this includes offer letter, school address proof of hostel or accommodation- if you intend staying with family , make sure you have their direct phone nos and they are aware of when you'll be arriving incase they place a call through to them at the point of entry.

6 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Makomen: 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2018
Do we need 3000 euros at poe
ICaSNg:

People should kindly read this thread carefully. I've addressed this months ago.

However, most times when your agent advises you to write one may be because such person does not have at least a credit in Mathematics / English.

Also, I got news that you Nairalanders especially on the Whatsapp group want to start bombarding the embassy with Emails relating to your Institution's name being mentioned on your visa page or not.

You people will create problems for future applicants because the embassy will notice this is somewhat unified and will increase refusal rate.

This is similar with what goes on on the US and UK thread, now their reps/ VO have people on those threads.

It's not as if an agent submitted your visa applications on your behalf or a fake visa was issued. I've mentioned this earlier in the departure brief but then the mighty mods on Nairaland deleted it.
Most of you applied through agents speak to them about your departure briefing but note it's important to have all your documents in your hand luggage this includes offer letter, school address proof of hostel or accommodation- if you intend staying with family , make sure you have their direct phone nos and they are aware of when you'll be arriving incase they place a call through to them at the point of entry.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 2:45am On Aug 20, 2018
Makomen:
Do we need 3000 euros at poe

Not necessarily, you need it to apply for your resident permit card.No one can say if you will be asked at the point of entry or on arrival, all i know is if you can take it along, please do so otherwise carry your dollar card or visa card that you have access to the required funds.

If you will be taking cash along, if asked at departure or on arrival , kindly declare funds you have on you. Legally, you are permitted to carry below 10,000 dollars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chinlov: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2018
In anticipation of this week's testimonials. I'm wishing everyone success and happy holidays. Barka da sallah to the Muslims.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bigeye231: 10:46am On Aug 20, 2018
tune10:
Hello,I have an admission for January start at NCI and I want to know if ielts is compulsory for the visa application because I have a masters degree from the UK already and I was told by the international office NCI that I don’t need ielts.
school don't need it but immigration does
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 11:07am On Aug 20, 2018
Bigeye231:
school don't need it but immigration does
He doesn't need it if he graduated from UK USA and Canada
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 4:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
I will still advice anyone to do it.
I have read so much of their visa refusals stuff and its a major reason.

We don't determine who access our application.It could be a very structured person or a semi-structured person.

abuhusna1:

He doesn't need it if he graduated from UK USA and Canada
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Gbemms9: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hello guys, hope y’all are doing great.
I’m new here Ofcourse, and I’m in need of information. I applied to NCI for masters in cloud computing in January.
I got a reply from them that I am to do an online one way interview to continue my application.
Please does anyone have information about this sort of interview ? Or any information that can be of help to me ?.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
okay.
Gbemms9:
Hello guys, hope y’all are doing great.
I’m new here Ofcourse, and I’m in need of information. I applied to NCI for masters in cloud computing in January.
I got a reply from them that I am to do an online one way interview to continue my application.
Please does anyone have information about this sort of interview ? Or any information that can be of help to me ?.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:01am On Aug 21, 2018
Happy Celebrations to all muslim Faithfuls! Ase yi samodun ...

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lanrayx: 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
bigmills:
I will still advice anyone to do it.
I have read so much of their visa refusals stuff and its a major reason.

We don't determine who access our application.It could be a very structured person or a semi-structured person.

can you share others apart from the ones we already, thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Richy5008: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
Hello house. Barka de sallah to all my Muslim brothers and sisters in the house.
Pls I would like to ask about Biotechnology job prospect in Ireland. Am about to apply for admission
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Obiororo: 6:25am On Aug 23, 2018
Please I would like to find out, does having no paid work experience matter for visa application? I have experience in my field but it was not a paid role. Just need more opinions please.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by myownvibe03(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2018
Obiororo:
Please I would like to find out, does having no paid work experience matter for visa application? I have experience in my field but it was not a paid role. Just need more opinions please.
No. it doesn’t matter... Just explain why you haven’t gotten a paid job in your SOP.

You could state that you’ve been working unofficially since you have experience in your field.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
Finally got my VISA on Monday.
This thread was a source of great Information and motivation for me.
I hope we keep sharing information about our experiences to help other people.

5 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CnenyeS: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
congratulations! when did you apply?

IrishPotatoes:
Finally got my VISA on Monday.
This thread was a source of great Information and motivation for me.
I hope we keep sharing information about our experiences to help other people.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
Submitted July 16- it took about 5 weeks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CnenyeS: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
Thats great!
i applied on the 19th of july, i am patiently waiting for mine, i tap into your testimony
IrishPotatoes:
Submitted July 16- it took about 5 weeks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.